Skip to main content

Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 269789 times) previous topic - next topic

• Zootropo
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #300
you can "only show automatically  when ( foobar) minimised " ( very nice and not in toaster...)

That's a cool feature. I'm using Winamp CD Case right now but i'll take a look at that one too

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #301
Another plugin id give a shot at porting if sourcecode was available.

• francesco
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #302
thanks dBaines for your great skin

this plug is awesome 

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #303
Is there anyone working on porting Toast for 0.9?  I really miss this feature and prettypop is not an option (do not want to install .NET)

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #304
seems to bug with WLM :-( artist lets appear the title, and no artist info appears

• enjoilax
  • [*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #305
For the love god PLEASE PLEASE make this compatible with 0.9  oh god. I can't stand pretty pop PLEASE MAKE THIS 0.9 compatible. :EMO:

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #306
Any progress on updating Toaster for 0.9?

• sPeziFisH
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #307
the best would be to contact shaneh per email as he is still updating his winamp-plugins - I guess he is not looking at this place here... 

• TA123
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #308
so pretty popup is the only option until shaneh re-writes it?

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #309
the best would be to contact shaneh per email as he is still updating his winamp-plugins - I guess he is not looking at this place here... 

I tried it...nothing...just use Winamp CD Case, I guess...sigh...

• francesco
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #310
sorry mates but i saw in the forum
that some users are able to run toaster under foobar 0.9!

how could i run it under 0.9?

• gob
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #311

I tried it...nothing...just use Winamp CD Case, I guess...sigh...

if you read the first post in this thread you'll notice shaneh is in the process of totally rewriting this plugin. u guys need to give these developers space. not only to work on the plugins, but personal time also. i know if i had people on my back all the time about free software i was developing, i would be more inclined not to share it with them..
  • Last Edit: 19 May, 2006, 02:39:29 PM by gob

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #312
You know, I never noticed that update until now. Was kinda stealthy ;]

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #313
You know, I never noticed that update until now. Was kinda stealthy ;]

No kidding!....thank you for the update!

• takt
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #314
Anyone hear any updates or progress on this plugin?

• shaneh
  • [*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #315
Havent heard anything yet

This plugin needs to be rebuilt from scratch, with support for some much cooler functionality. Its not too difficult, but just a lot of work to which I dont have enough motivation or time at the moment.

Its also frustrating knowing that WinFX / Avalon type stuff is around the corner, which could be used to make something even nicer and could make any work I put in now obsolete in a few months.

I havent forgotten it though, and my goal is to branch it to something completely new, with much better skins support and extendability without too much bloat/overhead or too difficult to configure.

One day...

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #316
I'm sure everybody will appreciate any effort you do, and already appreciate the work you've done so far.

• Protoss
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #317
Indeed you're work will be appreciated. I am using foo_prettypop, but it just isn't the same as toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #318
Havent heard anything yet

This plugin needs to be rebuilt from scratch, with support for some much cooler functionality. Its not too difficult, but just a lot of work to which I dont have enough motivation or time at the moment.

Its also frustrating knowing that WinFX / Avalon type stuff is around the corner, which could be used to make something even nicer and could make any work I put in now obsolete in a few months.

I havent forgotten it though, and my goal is to branch it to something completely new, with much better skins support and extendability without too much bloat/overhead or too difficult to configure.

One day...
Your Winamp version is working great.  Thanx for all the hard work you've put in so far.  I'm not looking for a lot of configurability as to information presentation in the panel.  I have it set to just display the album art on the desktop while the player is minimized.  I can unminimize the player to view more info.

I'll love any efforts for a foobar 0.9.x version even if it doesn't have all the requested bells and whistles at first.

Thanx again.

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #319
I too would very much appreciate an update of this component. It really changed the way I listen to my audio collection via my computer and hi-fi setup. I'm displaying it almost full screen, with the track info on the left handside of the screen and the album cover on the right handside. I then switch my screen to standby and it just looks great.

Right now I miss some extra features (mainly: multiple colors, Tagz support, Unicode support, display update on track change). I guess there are many other ways to improve it too.

But I already enjoy a lot this component as it is.

• takt
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #320
Any chance of a release of the source so we could get a crack at it?

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #321
As shana said, It would most likely take a rewrite to get it working well. Perheps a gander at the source would give you a direction at where to start writing your own component, But if shana is already working on one..

• astranger
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #322
Thank you. Looking forward to the new re-written version.

• HEPB
  • [*]
Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #323
Cool plugin too bad it's not updated to 0.9.x

Toaster for Fb2k
Reply #324
this plugin is one of the reason why I stay on 0.8.3, foo_prettypop can't replace it as this one doesn't need .Net 2.0 (on the other hand, a version that does support Google Talk would be great too)