Skip to main content

Topic: Toaster For Foobar2000 (Read 53618 times) previous topic - next topic

• synth7
  • [*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #25
I also have the same problem as badrad.  I cannot see the Toaster config under the components menu.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of conflict with another plugin.  Like badrad, it loads fine and displays on track change.  I don't have the extra dll installed as I don't need id3v2 support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here.

• foosion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #26
@outie: If you can find the basic code to pull the unicde tags out of a track using a plugin, I will put it in. At the moment I have only seen ansi methods of getting meta data.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you had read the [a href="http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html]FAQ[/url], you would know that.
All strings passed around are char*, how do I get unicode strings?
All char* strings passed around in foobar2000 API are UTF-8 encoded. You can find proper routines for handling them in pfc/string.h (also see: helpers/unicode_helper.h for common win32 api related UTF-8 string helper code). Refer to sample components on exact info how to mix UTF-8 string based code with win32 API.
It also pays off to look at utf8api which provides UTF-8-ized wrappers for many Win32 functions including Common Dialogs and GDI-based text rendering (among others).

Regarding artist and title information on streaming audio, you can use play_control::playback_format_title_ex() with b_include_dynamicinfo set to true to display this kind of information. To watch for changes in dynamic info, use a play_callback.

Btw. I would prefer if you created a topic in the "3rd Party  Plugins" forum for further discussion of this component.
  • Last Edit: 20 February, 2005, 01:38:57 PM by foosion
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000

• banjobacon
  • [*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #27
Nice plugin. However, I'm pretty sure it's causing some weird crashes on my system. Nobody else having trouble with it crashing foobar2000?

• 4nt1
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #28
Nice plugin. However, I'm pretty sure it's causing some weird crashes on my system. Nobody else having trouble with it crashing foobar2000?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275389"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

my computer froze for the first time in like 6 months... i dont know if its co incidence

• alphaex32
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #29
I also have the same problem as badrad.  I cannot see the Toaster config under the components menu.  The only thing I can think of is some kind of conflict with another plugin.  Like badrad, it loads fine and displays on track change.  I don't have the extra dll installed as I don't need id3v2 support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check your components menu. I got confused at first also.
  • Last Edit: 20 February, 2005, 04:20:16 PM by alphaex32

• wortels
  • [*][*][*]
  • Banned
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #30
Excellent working shaneh!
this might be a silly request (memory freak ) but is it possible that after the toast fades out the ram usage can be returned to normal?
Thanks for an excellent plugin

• kpolice
  • [*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #31
Excellent working shaneh!
this might be a silly request (memory freak ) but is it possible that after the toast fades out the ram usage can be returned to normal?
Thanks for an excellent plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275416"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mine is using 3Mb minimized and 6MB maximized with the plugin.

Great plugin THX.

• Skates
  • [*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #32
Any chance of setting definable tag field name for where Toaster should read cover art data from?

Like when using musicmatch, it stores all the cover art in a tag called "Cover Art (front)"

• badrad
  • [*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #33
our components menu. I got confused at first also.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275414"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha, stupid me. There it is. Thanks.

• Biscuits
  • [*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #34
I don't think there's an option already for this, but could you make an option to have it not always be on top?

Thanks, cool plugin.

-Tristan

• synth7
  • [*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #35
our components menu. I got confused at first also.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275414"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha, stupid me. There it is. Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275443"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I still don't see it 

• banjobacon
  • [*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #36
Edit: Post moved to new thread.
  • Last Edit: 20 February, 2005, 08:03:26 PM by banjobacon

• shaneh
  • [*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #37
Please use http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=275470 for further discussion.

I will use this thread for posting updated files only, until I organise some web space.

• spase
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #38
i am having trouble with the downloads.  what version of 7-zip are you using?

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #39
Same here, tried with latest 7zip and WinRAR, both .rar and .7z files are corrupt.

• hunted
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #40
Same here, tried with latest 7zip and WinRAR, both .rar and .7z files are corrupt.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try the link to rar in the winamp forums @ [a href="http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1601855#post1601855]http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?po...855#post1601855[/url]

• Ran Sagy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #41
Yup, that one worked. attaching it here aswell :

• dimatrod
  • [*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #42
How can I make it appear when I press pause/play?  Also, here's mine.  Thanks for the help on Dynamic info as well

[a href="http://paintedover.com/uploads/show.php?loc=26&f=toaster.jpg" target="_blank"]

And I also changed the font used to orange, seems like no website uses it, and dark grey/brown/black combined with orange looks quite cool...

• vendis
  • [*]
Toaster For Foobar2000
Reply #43
I have a problem with the plugin.
I'm new here, so maybe this has been covered earlier, but I was unable to find so..
When the Foobar starts it loads automatically the original toaster(red little one). I have to "import" my own toaster skin each time, this is kinda troublesome.
How do I config this? Or change the original red toast to mine so that it loads automatically??