Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 364103 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #300
The colour-codes are stored as $rgb() values right below the config-section in the globals. However, those are just the primary colors....... the secondary colors (for example, to create the "stripes" in the background) are calculated on-the-fly (so they are not hardcoded). If you need those, then you best bet is some app which allows you to hover your mouse over any part on the screen, and it will then display the colour in hex and rgb. Most webeditors for example have such a function.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #301
The colour-codes are stored as $rgb() values right below the config-section in the globals. However, those are just the primary colors....... the secondary colors (for example, to create the "stripes" in the background) are calculated on-the-fly (so they are not hardcoded). If you need those, then you best bet is some app which allows you to hover your mouse over any part on the screen, and it will then display the colour in hex and rgb. Most webeditors for example have such a function.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Alternatively, you could just take a screenshot and load it into any half-arsed image editor. If an image editor doesn't have a colour picker, it wasn't worth paying for (or downloading).
</signature>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #302
thanks for the tips, i used Huey 1.9 to pick the colour direct from foobar it doesnt seem to be an exact match (probaly the hue, sat, lue that that software didnt give values for) i would have used the hex number it gave me 323C50 but i seem to remember post saying foobar uses odd hex values so i didnt want to mess around with it as its close enough and even made it readable without me having to change the text colour.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #303
In HTML and CSS (and in most image editors that are aimed at web production) hex colors are represented as RRGGBB. In Foobar the hex colors are represented as BBGGRR. In otherwords, to convert from the hex color the image editor spits out to what Foobar wants, just swap the first two and last two hexadecimal digits (e.g. 408060 becomes 608040). You also have to indicate hex colors by surrounding them with a special character. It is much more straight forward in my opinion to use the $rgb(...) function, although doing so may increase parsing time, I'm not sure.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #304
maybe just do a dividing line?
can add an option to change the singletrack background?
do you agree that the background-color of singletracks arent "fit" to the whole config?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310750"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How do you add a dividing line without additional tags, like marking the last-track of an album?

I agree its not optimal. But i dont know how to improve it without requiring additional tags(which i do not want to support).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310755"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Easy. Just add a top divider if the track is single and the albummode is active.  of course that would results in a dividing line for every single track and that may not be what the original poster desires.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #305

How do you add a dividing line without additional tags, like marking the last-track of an album?

Easy. Just add a top divider if the track is single and the albummode is active.  of course that would results in a dividing line for every single track and that may not be what the original poster desires.

Yup, exactly.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #306
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0alpha3 for fb2k 0.9/ui_columns prealpha15 only[/span]

changelog:
- sorting by all kinds of playback-statistics works correct now (however, since playcount is not available yet for 0.9, thats kinda useless for now)
- statusbar should now work okay in countries where RTL-languages are used
- many minor fixes and tweaks i dont remember anymore
- includes albummode and singlemode-priority variant

I am currently only interested in bug-reports, no feature-proposals:
I do already have an TODO-list and my current time-schedule does not allow it to become bigger. Thus, i'm only interested in bugs.

-> If you upgrade your fb2k or ui_columns, then backup your current configs first! <-

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #307
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 alpha4 for fb2k 0.9/ui_columns prealpha15[/span]

changelog:
- album & tracknumber display for singletracks in albummode is now optional
- fixed: typo in the playlistpos.-column
- fixed: tag-based VA-detection should have priority over path-based VA-guessing
- fixed: fileextension-column didn't work
- rewrote column-style code - now fully compliant with the new $set_style() syntax. If there are bugs, please report them.
- full support for ALBUM RATING including sorting-support in albummode(if you click the rating-columnheader in albummode, then it sorts by ALBUM RATING instead of RATING.)
- the singlemode-priority variant now automatically switches to albummode when playing audio CDs.
- misc minor fixes

I do already have an TODO-list and my current time-schedule does not allow it to become bigger. Thus, i'm only interested in bugs.

-> If you upgrade your fb2k/ui_columns/navigator-fcs, then backup your current configs first! <-

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #308
- ignore it -

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #309
Screenshot of Work-In-Progress alpha5
(redesigned hybrid-mode layout in action)

[attachment=1953:attachment]

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #310
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 alpha5 for fb2k 0.9beta13+/ui_columns prealpha16+[/span]

changelog:
- redesigned hybrid-mode (singletracks in albummode)
- secondary background color does no longer get highlighted when selecting tracks
- replaygain-column can now be shown for both, album- & singlemode
- column-style code rewritten to make use of new ui_columns features: 75% reduction in style-code
- as a result of above: works without columns ui legacy-support
- some minor exotic features dropped
- more code-cleanup and misc minor fixes

-> If you upgrade your fb2k/ui_columns/navigator-fcs, then backup your current configs first! <-

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #311
It would be great if Navigator-Suite could make album info (artist, date, albumgain, format, etc.) appear even if some tracks (namely 1-4) are missing. It is sad to see album-mode messed up simply because I do not have some of the tracks.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #312
It would be great if Navigator-Suite could make album info (artist, date, albumgain, format, etc.) appear even if some tracks (namely 1-4) are missing. It is sad to see album-mode messed up simply because I do not have some of the tracks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351486"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not possible in a reasonable way with currently available UIs. If you have non-full albums, and want to see all info, then switch to singlemode.

Because this is a general UI limitation, it is the same with every other FCS.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #313
Not possible in a reasonable way with currently available UIs. If you have non-full albums, and want to see all info, then switch to singlemode.

Because this is a general UI limitation, it is the same with every other FCS.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351489"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could always support some weird "fake tracknumber" tags.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #314
[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Navigator 1.4.0 alpha6 for fb2k 0.9beta13+/ui_columns prealpha16+[/span]

changelog:
- fixed tag-mess when disabling tag-guessing

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #315
You could always support some weird "fake tracknumber" tags.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351491"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, i've heard about that but never used it - could you explain a bit more how it works? If it can be done with a minimum amount of code, i'd consider it.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #316
Hmm, i've heard about that but never used it - could you explain a bit more how it works? If it can be done with a minimum amount of code, i'd consider it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I think it sould work if you'd just override %tracknumber% with the fake tracknumber tag. I'm not familiar with your code, so I don't know how complex/simple your tracknumber formatting is, but something like $if2(%fake tracknumber%,%tracknumber%) should do it. And I bet you knew that already
But then you'd need to figure what tag people use for the fake tracknumber (if it's even used). Or you could make it configurable.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #317
I think there's an alternative way.

As far as I understand, in Album-mode your code simply uses the row where the 1st track is located for artist, genre, 2nd for title, date, 3rd for format, albumgain, etc.

The problem is that 1-5 album info lines are strictly bound to rows with tracks nn. 1-5. If one of them is missing, one of album infos does, too. The solution, as I see it, is to bind info lines to first five tracks not absolutely (that is _the_ 1st track row, _the_ 2nd track row, etc.) but relatively (that is the first track in a list, which can be tracknumber 02 or else, the second track in a list, which can be tracknumber 03 or 23, etc.).

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #318
I'm not familiar with your code, so I don't know how complex/simple your tracknumber formatting is, but something like $if2(%fake tracknumber%,%tracknumber%) should do it.

Okay, i'll have a look into it at a later time. Tracknumber-detection is currently centralized in the globals. I'm not sure if i will need one or two $if2's or about twenty of them. If its the latter, then it wont happen for 1.4.x.

But then you'd need to figure what tag people use for the fake tracknumber (if it's even used). Or you could make it configurable.

Right, and i'm currently not really in the mood for asking people repeatly for help with something which only they wanted in the first place. Plus, there wont be any configuration - i will not option-bloat the config further with exotic feature.

<...>
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If it would be that easy, then someone would have done it already.

Formattings cannot look backwards and forwards - they only see one track at a time and have no "memory". Albummode actually is a dirty hack - current formatting-system was never intended for something else than singlemode.

by the way - known issues of current alpha:
- rg and tagmatrix indicators sometimes are wrong
- possibly a rare glitch in albummode occuring when singlertrack-detection via trackgain is enabled

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #319

As far as I understand, in Album-mode your code simply uses the row where the 1st track is located for artist, genre, 2nd for title, date, 3rd for format, albumgain, etc.

The problem is that 1-5 album info lines are strictly bound to rows with tracks nn. 1-5. If one of them is missing, one of album infos does, too. The solution, as I see it, is to bind info lines to first five tracks not absolutely (that is _the_ 1st track row, _the_ 2nd track row, etc.) but relatively (that is the first track in a list, which can be tracknumber 02 or else, the second track in a list, which can be tracknumber 03 or 23, etc.).

As Lyx already said, it is IMPOSSIBLE.

edit: whoa I'm slow today. 
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Note to self: don't open all the threads in different tabs, or at least refresh them before writing a reply.[/span]

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #320
On another note regarding album-info...

current longterm-plan looks like this:

1. Finish 1.4.0
2. Abandon 1.x.x line and only do bugfixes for it in the future
3. Start working on 2.0.0 which will among other things do the following:
4. Drop tag-guessing completely and make use of the then possible fb2k 0.9 optimizations - should result in 40-60% reduction of overall code! (yep, that means major speed-gains)
5. Drop comment-display in albummode - should result in about 40-50% less albummode-column code
6. Create a trackinfo-panel formatting to display detailed info about tracks/albums. Should be able to make use of FCS-colorschemes
7. Create a new OSD formatting. Should be able to make use of FCS-colorschemes

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #321
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I think it sould work if you'd just override %tracknumber% with the fake tracknumber tag. I'm not familiar with your code, so I don't know how complex/simple your tracknumber formatting is, but something like $if2(%fake tracknumber%,%tracknumber%) should do it. And I bet you knew that already
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351526"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That has to be the supidest thing I've heard! I doubt people who can't be arsed fixing missing tracknumbers could be arsed adding fake tracknumber tags to their files...

Impossible. TAGZ (the code behind the config) can only deal with one track at a time. There is no possible way for it to 'see' what tracks are next or previous in the playlist. So the only possible way for it to select the first 5 tracks of an album is using tracknumbers.
</signature>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #322
That has to be the supidest thing I've heard! I doubt people who can't be arsed fixing missing tracknumbers could be arsed adding fake tracknumber tags to their files...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351641"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

While i agree that IMHO it is stupid to add weird tags to files just so that a display works, i think you misunderstand the scenario. What they probably meant was not missing tracknumber-tags but incomplete albums.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #323
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351641"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

While i agree that IMHO it is stupid to add weird tags to files just so that a display works, i think you misunderstand the scenario. What they probably meant was not missing tracknumber-tags but incomplete albums.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351642"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it works both ways. Incomplete albums = missing tracknumbers. If it bothers people that much, why can't they just manually adjust the tracknumbers of the tracks that aren't there so it displays correctly?

...or go get the missing files from the album.
</signature>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #324
Incomplete albums = missing tracknumbers. If it bothers people that much, why can't they just manually adjust the tracknumbers of the tracks that aren't there so it displays correctly?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351644"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats even more insane than fake-tracknumber tags - messing up the metadata of files just because of a specific audioplayer-display.

You folks are looking at the issue from a wrong way: it is the DISPLAY's job, to display stuff correctly - not some weird tags. Current fb2k is meant mostly for singlemode.... albummode is a hack and mostly only meant for full albums. It's that simple. This is also the reason why i have so long been reluctant to support hybrid-mode - its the wrong approach to fix the issue. What is needed is not different tags or weird formatting-code, but instead a different UI.

edit: i think i have an idea how to cleanly fix the whole mess without requiring a change how formatting-strings are parsed. I'll propose it to musicmusic later today.