Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 364157 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #250
havent been able to test 0.9beta, actully. no plugin aside from the ones in the official package run, claiming something is wrong with the utf8 dll.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301904"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All 0.8 plugins are broken, as stated in the 0.9beta-thread. Updated plugins will probably only be available when 0.9 goes final (because then the SDK will be released)
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #251
Theres definitely something wrong with the field remappings for tracknumber, with the $num( ,2) not being adhered to automatically like it should. I had to replace the field remapping with $num(%tracknumber%,2) to get it to work.
Also, album artist is still being set a value, and thus VA mode is always on in the title section. Why the hell meta_test 'ing is not stopping this in globals, yet a meta_test for it in the columns works is rather strange...

EDIT: oh not sure if this is intended on your part or not, but you ignore the option of remapping the title field by using a $meta(title) instead of [%title%] in the global config... So no filename is displayed if there is no title present.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #252
Theres definitely something wrong with the field remappings for tracknumber, with the $num( ,2) not being adhered to automatically like it should. I had to replace the field remapping with $num(%tracknumber%,2) to get it to work.
Also, album artist is still being set a value, and thus VA mode is always on in the title section. Why the hell meta_test 'ing is not stopping this in globals, yet a meta_test for it in the columns works is rather strange...

EDIT: oh not sure if this is intended on your part or not, but you ignore the option of remapping the title field by using a $meta(title) instead of [%title%] in the global config... So no filename is displayed if there is no title present.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301996"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I noticed all those things as well and came to the same conclusions. However, i didn't know yet about that VA-problem. Thanks.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #253

The percentage indicator is on the wrong side. Furthermore the playing arrow is moving from right to left.

Any ideas?

(1.3.0 albummode default, WinXP Pro-German)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #254
"Not here" ™

Which foobar-version? Does it happen with other MP3s as well?

And *important* OS-language?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #255
foobar2000 v0.8.3-special. And yes, this happens with other files as well (Mp3, Ogg, Flac).

I've got absolutely no idea when and why this behaviour occurred.

Like stated above "WinXP Pro-German".

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #256
Weird. It seems that this is an RTL (right-to-left) problem. So, the string is interpreted as if it is for right-to-left languages.

@Chaosblade
do you use WinXP? I'm beginning to think that it may be OS-specific.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #257
Yup, i use WinXP SP2. Might be the Hebrew RTL issue here, aswell.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #258
Ok. I remember installing RTL-support for a friend, but deinstalled that option after he finished his work.
I'm using a LTR-system and that was only a font-option, so it doesn't make sense to me that it's messing up foobar's statusbar.

edit: typo

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #259
Yup, i use WinXP SP2. Might be the Hebrew RTL issue here, aswell.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303165"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've got to leave til tomorrow now - but one thing you may want to try out: Remove the tabulator-char ( $char(9) ) and see what happens. At least in chaosblade's case, i think it may be what triggers it.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #260
Not using the original statusbar code right now, but ill import it back in and try that out in order to report back.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #261
Removed $char(9), nothing else. 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #262
I deinstalled eastasian fonts and everything is fine again.

Bevore that I've investigated things a little. I've extracted the statusbar code per editor from the fcs-file and changed the special characters (progress-play, progress-pause, progress-bar and the two start/end characters of the bar). That worked, so I guess that the special characters are misinterpretated by the OS as RTL-characters when importing the fcs-file.

Hope this helps and thanks for your effort.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #263
just a little request: guessing for track numbers of multicd albums withn 3 digit tracknumber wouldbe cool

(fe.:

101-blahblkah.mp3  disc one track one
102-blubblubb.mp3  disc one track two
119-harharhar.mp3 disc one track 19
201-urghurgh.mp3 disc two track 1

)

seams not to work now at all for that trackname format

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #264
I deinstalled eastasian fonts and everything is fine again.

Bevore that I've investigated things a little. I've extracted the statusbar code per editor from the fcs-file and changed the special characters (progress-play, progress-pause, progress-bar and the two start/end characters of the bar). That worked, so I guess that the special characters are misinterpretated by the OS as RTL-characters when importing the fcs-file.

Hope this helps and thanks for your effort.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303383"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. Could someone (chaosblade?) please repeat this step by step to isolate the char which is causing this? I cannot test this on my own machine.

Also, chaosblade a while back reported a similiar problem in one of the columns (title-column?). Did this also happen with 1.3.0? If yes, could someone post a screenshot?

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #265
just a little request: guessing for track numbers of multicd albums withn 3 digit tracknumber wouldbe cool
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304095"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, that will not happen, because:
- Tracknumber-guessing is the most resourcehungry single feature in navigator(except of maybe the color-scheme mechanism). I already streamlined the trackguess code in the past because of that. I'm not interested in making it more complex again.

However, plisk once made a LUA-tagguess script which can guess 3-digit tracknumbers. But it did save its results in tags instead of memory/db-only. I dont know if fb2k 0.9 will allow a more useful store-method - if yes, then tagguessing may become much more efficient and flexible in the future.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #266
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304095"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, that will not happen, because:
- Tracknumber-guessing is the most resourcehungry single feature in navigator(except of maybe the color-scheme mechanism). I already streamlined the trackguess code in the past because of that. I'm not interested in making it more complex again.

However, plisk once made a LUA-tagguess script which can guess 3-digit tracknumbers. But it did save its results in tags instead of memory/db-only. I dont know if fb2k 0.9 will allow a more useful store-method - if yes, then tagguessing may become much more efficient and flexible in the future.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304162"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would'nt something like this work for 3 digit tracknumbers?

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($num(%_filename%,3),100,$puts(tracknum,$right($num(%_filename%,2),2)),)
$get(tracknum)

I tried it out, seems to work pretty good.

But maybe it's too resource hungry/stupid?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #267
$ifgreater($num(%_filename%,3),100,$puts(tracknum,$right($num(%_filename%,2),2)),)
$get(tracknum)

I tried it out, seems to work pretty good.

But maybe it's too resource hungry/stupid? :)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304228"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not resourcehungry at all :) Actually, thats a great idea of doing tracknumbers at the beginning of tracks - i didn't know about that trick yet. However, it will only detect tracknumbers at the beginning of filenames. I'll take a closer look later to see how i could implement that into my trackguess code. Thanks for sharing this one.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #268
Could someone post Navigator's original statusbar code so i could check it for Lyx ? im not sure which of my current strings i havent saved (aside from fcs and trackinfo code) so i dont wanna import another fcs right now.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #269
// progressbar config
// =========================================
$puts(progress_play,'[ ▶]')
$puts(progress_pause,▮▮)
$puts(progress_bar,׃)
$puts(progress_length,45)
$puts(seperator,'  ')

// BUILD STATUSBAR
// set 4-character filetype
$puts(filetype,$upper(
$if(%__referenced_file%,$cut($ext(%__referenced_file%),4),
$if($stricmp($left(%_path%,4),cdda),CD,$cut($ext(%_path%),4)
))
))

// detect detailed filetype2
$puts(filetype2,$replace($get(filetype),
WAV,[%__codec% ]WAVE,
SND,'Next/Sun Audio',
AC3,Dolby Digital Audio,
CD,Audio CD,
MKA,Matroska[ %__codec%],
OGG,OGG[ %__codec%],
MP4,MPEG-4[ %__codec%],
M4A,iTunes[ %__codec%],
MP2,MPEG Layer 2,
MP3,MP3[' ('%__lame_version%')'],
AAC,AAC Audiostream,
WMA,Window'$' Media Audio,
MPC,Musepack,
OFR,OptimFROG,
OFS,OptimFROG DualStream,
FLA,FLAC,
APE,Monkey`s Audio,
MAC,Monkey`s Audio,
APL,Monkey`s Audio,
WV,WavPack,
SHN,Shorten,
SPX,Speex,
SID,C64 SID-Tune,
MDZ,Compressed Soundtracker Module,
S3Z,Compressed Screamtracker Module,
ITZ,Compressed Impulsetracker Module,
XMZ,Compressed Fasttracker II Module,
MO3,Compressed Module,
MOD,Soundtracker Module,
S3M,Screamtracker Module,
XM,Fasttracker II Module,
IT,Impulsetracker Module,
UMX,Unreal Music File,
MTM,Multitracker Module,
TFM,Final Musicsystem eXtended
))
$puts(filetype2,$replace($get(filetype2),FLACC,FLAC))

// set quality-info (bitrate, etc.)
$puts(quality,[$if2(%__bitrate_dynamic%,%__bitrate%)kbit][%__mod_channels% channels]
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,MP3),' '$if2(%__extrainfo%,CBR)[' / '$upper($abbr(%__mp3_stereo_mode%))])
)
// -----------------------------------------

// progressbar
$puts(progressbar,
$if(%_length_seconds%,

'∶'
$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_length_seconds%,
$get(progress_length),
$if(%_ispaused%,$get(progress_pause),$get(progress_play)),
$get(progress_bar))
'∶ '

$pad_right($muldiv(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,100,%_length_seconds%),3)'%'

,streaming...
))

// time-display
$puts(time,'['$if2(%_time_elapsed%,-:--)['/'%_length%]']'
)

// display statusbar
' '
$get(filetype2)
$get(seperator)
$get(quality)
$get(seperator)
$get(progressbar)
$char(9)
$get(time)
' '

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #270
Its this part:

I suspect the |> symbol messing the order up, but anything i put in there besides normal ascii english chars, messes up the order again. If i put something like that, lets say 'A', it appears like this :

:::::::::::::::::::::::::A87%:::::::

Which is still wrong. Im really not sure which char exactly creates the problem.

EDIT: posted too soon ^^ If i change the progress bar char, :, to something else, like -, it displays it well, :::::::::::::::::::::::::::A::::: 87% ∶∶ .

Those chars DO exist in the hebrew fontset, but i guess they break rtl order in some odd way.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #271
Its this part:

I suspect the |> symbol messing the order up, but anything i put in there besides normal ascii english chars, messes up the order again. If i put something like that, lets say 'A', it appears like this :

:::::::::::::::::::::::::A87%:::::::

Which is still wrong. Im really not sure which char exactly creates the problem.

EDIT: posted too soon ^^ If i change the progress bar char, :, to something else, like -, it displays it well, :::::::::::::::::::::::::::A::::: 87% ∶∶ .

Those chars DO exist in the hebrew fontset, but i guess they break rtl order in some odd way.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304613"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Uff, i guess i will just at some point replace the progressbar with something more "conventional" (and more ugly). Thanks for the help.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #272
minor update
Version 1.3.2 *FOR FB2K 0.8.3 ONLY* fixes the wrong calculation of "daily-plays". The fix was already included in 1.4.0alpha, so its a backport.

This will probably be the last version of Navigator for fb2k 0.8.3. I only did it so that people who will stay with 0.8.3 for a while have a version of Navigator which does not have any major bugs.

The usual procedure applies - backup your modifications before updating, etc.

enjoy,
- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #273
Hi, just upgraded to v1.3.2 from v.1.2.2 (love it) and came here with a couple of questions.

Firstly I'll confirm that
$puts(progress_bar,׃)

is seen as RTL on my machine (XP sp2) and is the only char in progressbar config which is.
(an hour ago I thought the progress bar went backwards on purpose  )
I changed this to a plain colon and it seems to work fine.

Why I was actually here was to find out where the replaygain indicators in the tag matrix went.
Saw the changelog, separate column now, OK all well and good.
Just got a couple of comments here:

Is there a reason this column is set to only be shown on singlemode playlists?
I'm still gradually working through replaygaining my collection and like it shown all the time.
Restricting it to singlemode only meant it didn't even show up on the context menu to choose columns, otherwise I would have found it.

The other small point is you still have
// symbols for trackgain and albumgain in the Metadata-Matrix
$puts(symbol_tg,♪♪)
$puts(symbol_ag,♫)
in the global config but use literals in the column setup.
(luvdave)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #274
Firstly I'll confirm that
$puts(progress_bar,׃)

is seen as RTL on my machine (XP sp2) and is the only char in progressbar config which is.
(an hour ago I thought the progress bar went backwards on purpose :) )
I changed this to a plain colon and it seems to work fine.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Is there a reason this column(rgain) is set to only be shown on singlemode playlists?
I'm still gradually working through replaygaining my collection and like it shown all the time.

Reason is that the album-mode column already shows if an album is replaygained (and in which mode). Since Navigator is quite screenspace-aware, the dupe-info is hidden.
If you want it to show up all the time, then open the UI-Columns preferences, columns-tab. Then choose the "RG"-column and change the dropdown-menu below "Playlist-Filters" to "Show on all playlists". Afterwards click the "Save All"-button.

The other small point is you still have
// symbols for trackgain and albumgain in the Metadata-Matrix
$puts(symbol_tg,♪♪)
$puts(symbol_ag,♫)
in the global config but use literals in the column setup.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307419"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for pointing this out. Will be removed in the next version(which will only work with fb2k 0.9). If you plan to stick with 0.83 for a while, then you can of course safely just delete those lines(as well as the two coresponding export-lines at the end of the globals).