Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacing/destroying existing services (Read 2396 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing/destroying existing services

Is there a way to destroy a running service, or get your service created before a service created by the core?
That is, so that static methods like play_control::get, which use service_enum_create_t with 0 for the second arguement, will return my service and not the one created by the core. After some investigation, I could not find a way of doing this, but I was wondering if there were one still. That is, without having to reimplement the whole core, but only the service I want, or maybe even only certain methods, passing the other methods on to the core service. The only ways I can imagine which would work had they been possible are destroying a running service, preventing the core from creating a service to begin with, or creating my service before the core.
So, is there a solution?

Thanks.

Replacing/destroying existing services

Reply #1
The singleton services in the core are not meant to be replaced by custom implementations; there is no way to do this.