Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn "force" option with 0-length FLAC (Read 4797 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn "force" option with 0-length FLAC

I just downloaded the most recent version of Burrrn (1.12) and am trying to burn a CD that contains a "blank" track on the original (#13 ... Untitled) using a collection of FLAC-encoded tracks and an EAC-generated noncompliant CUE sheet.  As you can see from the text below, I am having some problems getting Burrrn to actually burn the image.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out if the problem is with FLAC decoding or with Burrrn...

Can you please help me determine where exactly to place the "--force" option (mentioned in the output below)?

The following is the output from Burrrn:

Finished processing file #1.
Finished processing file #2.
Finished processing file #3.
Finished processing file #4.
Finished processing file #5.
Finished processing file #6.
Finished processing file #7.
Finished processing file #8.
Finished processing file #9.
Finished processing file #10.
Finished processing file #11.
Finished processing file #12.
Finished processing file #13.
Finished processing file #14.
WARNING: Track 13: Length is shorter than 4 seconds.
ERROR: The toc check function detected at least one warning.
ERROR: If you record this toc the resulting CD might be unusable
ERROR: or the recording process might abort with error.
ERROR: Use option --force to ignore the warnings.
ERROR: Toc file "C:\Program Files\Burrrn\burrrn.toc" is inconsistent.

---
Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this ... I'm having a heck of a time just figuring out what is generating the problem.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Is that a John Mayer CD?

Reply #2
WARNING: Track 13: Length is shorter than 4 seconds.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262062"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Red Book standard (Audio CD) requires the minimum track length to be 4 seconds.

Reply #3
Is that a John Mayer CD?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure is!  Does that help?  Regardless of what the "Red Book" standard says, this thing appears to be clocking in at less than 4 seconds.  Anyone else with the Room for Squares CD that can confirm?

Reply #4
Is that a John Mayer CD?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure is!  Does that help?  Regardless of what the "Red Book" standard says, this thing appears to be clocking in at less than 4 seconds.  Anyone else with the Room for Squares CD that can confirm?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262122"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll have a try this weekend. I noticed that when I was ripping the CD a while back but I haven't ever tried to reburn it. I'll let you know what I find out. There is a Dave Matthews Band CD with short tracks and I believe a NIN and Tool CD with the same.

Reply #5
I'll have a try this weekend. I noticed that when I was ripping the CD a while back but I haven't ever tried to reburn it. I'll let you know what I find out. There is a Dave Matthews Band CD with short tracks and I believe a NIN and Tool CD with the same.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262182"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would be a big help ... thanks!

This is the first CD that I've tried to burn from my newly digitized collection.  Hopefully my ripping/archiving procedures don't need to be altered ... I'm looking for a simple solution here!

Thanks again.

Reply #6
If I should take a wild guess, I'd say you have "Delete leading and trailing silent blocks" enabled in EAC.

Hit or miss?

Reply #7
If I should take a wild guess, I'd say you have "Delete leading and trailing silent blocks" enabled in EAC.

Hit or miss?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262248"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Miss.

Reply #8
It's been a while since I followed-up on this thread ... has anyone had an opportunity to look at that John Mayer CD to see if they can get a 1:1 copy made that takes into account the oddities of track 13?  Any help would be much appreciated ... I'm on the verge of ripping my entire audio collection and want to make sure that I have everything set up properly.

Thanks!