Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: next eac update release date? (Read 3906 times) previous topic - next topic

next eac update release date?

on the eac website, it says "this is a only a beta version from the final program that will be distributed later in this year," in regards to the lastest beta, v.95 prebeta 5.  i know that that has been up there at least since late last year (thats when i started using eac), oct or nov i think.

also, what version of eac do you guys use?  ive heard that some people think that v.9b4 and v.95b4 are better.  ubernet.org in particular says that "pre-beta versions 0.95pb4 and so on are unstable, have important features removed (for "legal reasons")."  is this true?
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Reply #1
i believe a type of disk reading method that could easily bypass most cd's copy protection was removed. Dont quote me on that though.  I use V.95pb5.

Reply #2
A feature to bypass the a particular form of audio cd copy protection was removed as of 0.95pb4 and onwards, due (I believe) to the EU's DMCA style laws.