Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SMP capable ripper/encoder ??? (Read 3390 times) previous topic - next topic

SMP capable ripper/encoder ???

does anybode know a SMP capable ripper encoder.

I
m using eazy xccd extractor but it only encoder one file at a time making my 2. cpu yaawning.

does anybod know a ripper with cddb support and that dol 2 encoding at a time(external commandline encoders)
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #1
1) SMP is worth almost nothing for ripping.

2) www.exactaudiocopy.de (EAC); select on EAC Options > Tools 2 external compressors and you're set. It's a little bit more complicated than what you're using but it's the best ripper available.

Reply #2
Originally posted by lucpes
1) SMP is worth almost nothing for ripping.

2) www.exactaudiocopy.de (EAC); select on EAC Options > Tools 2 external compressors and you're set. It's a little bit more complicated than what you're using but it's the best ripper available.

1)
i know that

2)
thanx i'll try it out
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #3
Originally posted by lucpes

The problem in most cases is, that EAC ripping is slower than encoding anyway...

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #4
Originally posted by dev0

The problem in most cases is, that EAC ripping is slower than encoding anyway...

Depends on CDROM drive & IDE busmaster driver. I can rip at 12x with C2 unchecked or 20x with C2 checked with my TEAC 540E (firmware upgrade 3A).

Reply #5
When I had my dual celerons, I would simply have two CD-ROMs ripping at once, each with their own instance of CDex. Works like a charm!

With good cd-roms so cheap, this should only cost you $25 or so.

I've been waiting for somebody to review the dae quality of the ASUS CD-S520 before I buy one. It sounds great - very fast, very quiet.

-gft