Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: visualisations (Read 3659 times) previous topic - next topic

visualisations

is there any 'standard' way to put a visualisation-component on an user interface ? .. the vis.h in the SDK unfortunately doesn't give too much information about this

visualisations

Reply #1
It would be as simple as structuring your visualization as a child window of your main user interface. As for getting that child window into the user interface, either you need to write your own user interface, or design your visualization as a Columns UI Extension.

visualisations

Reply #2
hmm
Well, what if I have my own UI and don't want to write a new vis-plugin but put an existing one on the UI ? I fear that's not possible, but can't you give a vis-plugin a device-context and coordinates or simply a window to paint on ?

visualisations

Reply #3
I fear that's not possible, but can't you give a vis-plugin a device-context and coordinates or simply a window to paint on ?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=264211"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
There's no API to do that. Your best bet is to implement support for UI extension visualizations. Alternatively, you could design your own visualization service and hope for people to support it (not very likely given UI extensions already exist, and supporting two interfaces is more work than supporting one).