Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 24x CD-RW burners and 32x CD-RW media (Read 2209 times) previous topic - next topic

24x CD-RW burners and 32x CD-RW media

Hi there!

I recently purchased some 32x CD-RW media from Verbatim, but my LITE-ON LTR-52246S recognizes the maximum write speed as 2x, so does my Plextor PX-712A. Do these discs work only with Ultra-Speed+ drives or something?

Regards
Sebastian

24x CD-RW burners and 32x CD-RW media

Reply #1
Do these discs work only with Ultra-Speed+ drives or something?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm afraid yes. From a [a href="http://www.eetimes.com/pressreleases/bizwire/97782]press release[/url] by Verbatim I found in the CD-R FAQ:
Verbatim will begin shipping the premium-quality 32x CD-RW discs in October.
[...]
The discs, which can only be recorded and erased by 32x drives carrying the Ultra Speed + CD-RW logo, provide backward read compatibility with legacy multi-read CD/DVD-ROM drives, 2x-4x drives, 10x-12x, and 16x-24x drives.