Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: id3v2's (Read 2094 times) previous topic - next topic

id3v2's

What  id3's does foobar support?
I have these mp3s that are tagged with id3v2.3 and i don't know what id3v1's, and foobar doesn't seem like being able to read them, it just shows the filename (i'm not using columns ui).

The mp3's in question are tagged with iTunes 4.7, is that any bad?

Thanks,

id3v2's

Reply #1
What  id3's does foobar support?
I have these mp3s that are tagged with id3v2.3 and i don't know what id3v1's, and foobar doesn't seem like being able to read them, it just shows the filename (i'm not using columns ui).

The mp3's in question are tagged with iTunes 4.7, is that any bad?

Thanks,
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try this [a href="http://www.foobar2000.org/components.html#foo_id3v2]http://www.foobar2000.org/components.html#foo_id3v2[/url]

do you have the latest foobar?  i have no problems with ID3v2 tags, and i installed with the latest foobar special installer (which includes the id3v2 component).

id3v2's

Reply #2
and if you plan to modify your metadata in Foobar, remember to go in:

Preferences -> Playback -> Input -> Standard inputs

and check that the "MP3 tag to write" is set to ID3v2 or "ID3v2 and ID3v1"

If you don't and commit your modified metadata to the file F2K will SILENTLY (GRRRRRRRRR!!) remove your ID3v2 tags.

No big deal, anyway, as the metadata will likely to be in an APEv2 tag at that point and you could always move it to a new ID3v2.

Also remember that if an APEv2 tag exists in your file, it will be read instead and the ID3v2 tag ignored. No way to assign a different preference order AFAIK.

F2K people doesn't seems to be in love with ID3v2....

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

id3v2's

Reply #3
Thanks for the good answers!
80k: i had that thing already but thanks
smz: Thanks a lot,  that was really good info!
I have been looking for weeks for some tool that i could use to retag my mp3s in a proper way, just because i doubted foobar's id3v2 capability... now i can proceed with full speed with retagging my collection, great thanks to you Sergio!!

But why are people here so much against id3v2?

Thanks again smz and 80k!