Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Caching of file information (Read 1325 times) previous topic - next topic

Caching of file information

I make extensive use of the mass tagger and I embed most of my tag information in my file naming scheme and directory structure where possible.  Thus when I "retag" things, I typically only reload information from the files.  I've noticed with dismay that when the only thing I want to change is the casing of files, fb2k refuses to acknowledge changes in case no matter how I go about it.

I had thought that the file information was cached in the database, but even with the database disabled and nuked I have the same problem.  I had thought it was cached in the playlist, but that didn't pan out either.  All I know is that if I make changes to the files casing and go to "Properties" no file changes are reflected.  If I remove the entries from the playlist and readd them, still no effect.  Ditto with creating a new playlist and adding the files.  I have to quit the program and return or make changes to things in the file besides the casing in order for the program to reflect the changes so I can retag my files.

Is there any way for someone to make it so that casing changes in files are also detected, or to make the caching of file information an option that I can disable?  If it is already, please let me know.

Thanks!  I love fb2k and would never use another player anymore =)