Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Window Repositioning (Read 3828 times) previous topic - next topic

Window Repositioning

I'm working on my playlist tree manager... I've noticed that when the window gets resized I get a WM_SIZE message and I use that to reposition some of the controls in my window.  But when the window gets moved, My controls can get messed up (the search box isnt dynamically moved with the main panel window because its actually another diaog box that I create using CreateDialog)... After looking at the msdn stuff I thought I would probably be getting WM_MOVE messages or something similar but I don't seem to be.  Anybody know what the correct message is that will let me know I need to move my controls around?
There used to be a link to my website here.

Window Repositioning

Reply #1
If you use WS_CHILD style and assign the correct parent window, moving should not be a problem.

Window Repositioning

Reply #2
If you use WS_CHILD style and assign the correct parent window, moving should not be a problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259865"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, I did that for my search box and changed the windowpositioning code to local instead of global coordinates and it works now, but my original question is still a valid one...

What I am working on is creating an explorer window using CreateProcess, and I am able to get the HWND of the created window.  I want to be able to move the explorer window and keep it docked next to the playlist tree panel even when foobar window is moved.  Is there any notification sent to me that will let me know when I have moved?

Window Repositioning

Reply #3
Aren't there embeddable file view and tree controls?

As far as I know, the only way for you to catch this is to implement a window message hook, and I don't mean by subclassing the window process.

Window Repositioning

Reply #4
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259905"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but they are alot more work than spawning off an explorer process.

Window Repositioning

Reply #5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259905"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but they are alot more work than spawning off an explorer process.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259906"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You spoony bard. Well, have fun negating all the time you saved by making that mess work.