Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Program to download album covers (Read 281154 times) previous topic - next topic

Program to download album covers

Reply #25
I suppose your tool expects only mp3s in the folders - is that right?

Greets
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258582"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice program but could you add support for m4a files? So far it only recognizes mp3.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258344"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not sure your exact problem, the program doesn't even look at the files in the directory. They could be empty for all it cares. You might have the wrong Directory Structure selected, or I just might not have an option for your file structure, see below.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258380"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #26
Nice program. What I miss in it is ability to manualy configure directory structure  (mine is "Artist/(Year) Artist - Album").
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258282"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I really like it, but I second the need for variables to exactly determine the path to albums [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258284"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Man, if you add configuration for the directory naming patterns this will be godlike [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258294"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Man, if you add configuration for the directory naming patterns this will be godlike
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258294"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'd like to second this [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258320"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
2) Consider letting user added other album name format types.  Or specifically add the following: Artist/(Year) Album or Album.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258342"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This will rock as soon as it supports my dir config (Artist - Album).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258355"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
my config is (ARTIST - YEAR - ALBUM) so it doesnt work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258368"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very nice app.!
But I use a different dir config... I'm waiting for the version with customisable path . [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258446"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ok. 

...main post updated

Reply #27
This stuff is gooooood

One new option I'd ask for is unsetting the folder image. Or have the chance to tell if want an image as a folder image or not. As now if I want to view an image in big, I set it as the album cover ad save it.

Thanks for all this anyhow, this app is nice
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #28
Wow, nice work. Now if only you could be able to change the size of the window so that the folder "result list" doesn't look as crowded when using more "complicated" custom structures (resulting in a big tree with lots of branches), it would be perfect

Reply #29
Thanks for this app!  I had been using another program which did the same thing, but this one already is more configurable (the custom folder spec is incredibly awesome).  Keep up the great work!

Reply #30
In my opinion you should replace the intrusive "no cover found for this album" with an image in the field that should have shown the (big format) cover. This way one wouldn't have to move to the "OK" button, and then back to the next album. I know i might be a lone ranger on this one, but i think it would my way through hundreds of albums a lot less of a pita..

Other than that, VERY cool stuff 

Reply #31
Very nice app.!
But I use a different dir config... I'm waiting for the version with customisable path . 
BTW, You know that at Walmart the covers are 500*500? (I am insatiable )
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check my Python script for downloading covers from Walmart.
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29920]Look at the topic in upload forum[/url]

It works for me (downloaded a few hundreds of covers already). Right now tested only on Linux, thugh. But should work on Windows too. Remember to get Python if you don't already have it (python-2.4.msi).

Reply #32
You can use it with foo_openwith with configuration:

"Application path" set to "walmart.py"
"Main Parameters" set to 
Code: [Select]
"%artist% %album%" "$replace(%_path%,\%_filename_ext%,)" folder
and Pre and Post parameters empty.

Reply #34
Could you make a option to download the covers for all albums at once? One can still change a wrong downloaded picture lateron.
Blubb

Reply #35
It would be cool if you could just select the album in the tree view, and it would show the cover already downloaded without having to doubleclick and search for other covers.

Reply #36
Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I updated my little app and wanted to let people know.

I've had a handful of comments on my otherwise barren "blog" and wasn't sure if they were HA members or not (this is the only place I've posted about it).

Regardless, a new version is up for those interested.

Reply #37
Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I updated my little app and wanted to let people know.

I've had a handful of comments on my otherwise barren "blog" and wasn't sure if they were HA members or not (this is the only place I've posted about it).

Regardless, a new version is up for those interested.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293442"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great app ! Thank you very much !

Just a few suggestions : my albums are in the root of a partition (eg I:\) and when scanning for albums, the app scans as well the Recycler folder and the System volume information (and it makes an error).

Could you fix that ?

Thanks again !

Oh, and maybe 2 others suggestions :
Could you get rid of the accents (éàô etc...) when searching ?
Maybe a double click on the album name could launch the search

A last one
Is it possible to add a OR parameter in the custom structure ?

And one bug
When deleting a cover, the album on the left is still marked as having a cover it is not blue highlighted)

Second bug, related to the Recycler thing I spoke above :
all the albums after Recycler in the alphabetic order are not shown.

Reply #38
Looks like a promising program. What tags does it support? My albums are formatted as %artist%/[%date%][%codec%] %album%/ and I can't quite seem to get your program to pick them up correctly.

Some sort of foobar component integration would be great. Particularly if you teamed up with the author of the album art panel so that when you double-clicked on the album art it fetched the first search result from Amazon or wherever, within foobar

arty

Reply #39
nice program ... but i have some questions.

could it support multiple custom structure strings? (so i could have strings for ost / va releases, then, with less priority, for normal ones etc. it would simply start at the top until it would fit on a given directory / path).

also filtering out underscores (rather from resulting strings - artist, album - than from the path before parsing) would be nice.

and finally - does it support various artists albums?

Reply #40
First, great program.. thanks!

But I seem to get an error when I set the first "Directory Structure" field to "Artist\Year - Album" and click Get Albums.  See error below.  It works perfectly when I set the second field to "%artist%\%year% - %album%" however.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at AlbumArtAggregator.MainForm.btnGenerateAlbumList_clicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AlbumArtAggregator
   Assembly Version: 1.3.1944.2341
   Win32 Version: 1.3.1944.2341
   CodeBase: file:///E:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jamie/Desktop/AlbumArtAggregator_latest/AlbumArtAggregator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
System.Web
   Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2037
   CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.web/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Reply #41
First, great program.. thanks!

But I seem to get an error when I set the first "Directory Structure" field to "Artist\Year - Album" and click Get Albums.  See error below.  It works perfectly when I set the second field to "%artist%\%year% - %album%" however.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294265"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had the exact same problem with vesion 1.2.5788.
Just a guess, but could it be, that it simply matches a lot mor albums with either of the strings and simply exceeds an array, where it keeps its matches?

But I've another problem: I'm too dumb to use this little thingy. I can configure the directory, I can specify my directory structure. I click on "Get albums" and everything is fine (except the issue mentioned above), but what then. I get a list of albums to the left. Some are highlighted in blue. Ok. But I can't do anything more. It doesn't start downloading automatically (what I wouldn't like it to do anyway, and which was disabled with some newer version, as I've read somewhere), nor does it do anything, if I click (or double click) on a album. On the right I see "Selected Album and currently saved cover art", but everything is greyed out. I can't click on "Search for covers...". I know, I'm stupid, so don't bother to tell me, but I was looking through this entire thread and on AAA's site, but wasn't able to find a hint. Maybe I'm blind, too?

Another wish from my side (besides being able to use it): If I maximize the window, I can't access my taskbar (which is automatically hiding) anymore. Also I'd like to be able to resize the window.

Regards,
Andreas

Reply #42
the link on that website doesn't appear to be working, does anyone have a mirror?

Reply #43
the link on that website doesn't appear to be working, does anyone have a mirror?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294936"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yep, same problem here
i really would like to see that program

Reply #44
 eep! Server issues. Sorry, all will be fixed ASAP.

FYI, I posted a new version a few days ago, when my server is back up, see if it fixes some issues. There was a problem with all the buttons being grayed out which is fixed, among a few other things. Let me know of any problems with this version.

[edit]Oh, and if you do find any bugs or errors with the program itself, open up the "error.log" file and post any relevant information[/edit]

Reply #45
Any chance of having it query Walmart?

Reply #46
eep! Server issues. Sorry, all will be fixed ASAP.

FYI, I posted a new version a few days ago, when my server is back up, see if it fixes some issues. There was a problem with all the buttons being grayed out which is fixed, among a few other things. Let me know of any problems with this version.

[edit]Oh, and if you do find any bugs or errors with the program itself, open up the "error.log" file and post any relevant information[/edit]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295110"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, a lot for this new version. Now, I can use it. Many thanks, great work!
Now, I'm getting greedy: Since not all of my album art is in jpeg-format (some is bmp, some is gif and even some png) it's a bit annoying, that AAG looks for name.jpg, only, in order to determine, if there's already cover art. Thus I do always have to look inside the directory itself, in order to find out, if it's already there. Don't get me wrong, I don't need the possibility to download any other formats nor to display them, but the highlighting in the tree view I'd like to have changed to work with several formats.

Regards,
Andreas

Reply #47
Since not all of my album art is in jpeg-format (some is bmp, some is gif and even some png) it's a bit annoying, that AAG looks for name.jpg, only, in order to determine, if there's already cover art. Thus I do always have to look inside the directory itself, in order to find out, if it's already there. Don't get me wrong, I don't need the possibility to download any other formats nor to display them, but the highlighting in the tree view I'd like to have changed to work with several formats.

Regards,
Andreas
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Unfortunately I can't really see a way to implement something like that. It would have to assume that any image in the directory is an album cover and I can see a lot of problems if that were the case. If anyone has any suggestions I'd galdly look into it, but I think they best idea would be to simply use the search function to look for all image files in you albums directories.

On another note, I have a new version which fixes a lot of the bugs that were left.
Unfortunately even though I fixed my server issues, I'm still having problems accessing FTP.

So to anyone who is interested, just be aware that a new version is completed and check this thread or [a href="http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus]http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus[/url] occasionally and see if I've posted it yet.

Reply #48
Thanks. I love this app.

Reply #49
Nice job, well done, it is really helpful, thank you!