Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_mp3s (experimental) (Read 8577 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_mp3s (experimental)

I just whipped up a quick and dirty playback plugin for mp3surround files, based on the evaluation / demonstration decoder released by Fraunhofer IIS a couple days ago.

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uybc/foo_mp3s.dll

usage notes:
* rename mp3surround files from .mp3 to .mp3s and throw them at fb2k (intended behaviour to keep this plugin from interfering with the regular mp3 decoders in fb2k)
* This plugin relies on mp3sDecDLL.dll for decoding; which is part of the official mp3surround installer on http://www.mp3surround.info/ (so you need to get that as well)

(mis)features:
* fixed 6-channel output
* NO sample-accurate seeking
* NO gapless playback
* slow decoding for actual surround mp3s (~20x on my Barton 2500+)
* tag writing disabled for now

You can thank that spoony Fraunhofer library for most of that

Next time I'm bored I'll have a shot at turning it into a proper mp3 decoder service for fb2k..

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']legalese: evaluation software blah demo blah usual terms apply, don't whine if it blows up your computer, etc pp[/span]
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #1
Nice one. Still reports two channels in properties.

Should report six right? The channel test mp3 reports six correctly btw.
God Bless U.S.A

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #2
Intentional / design decision.

I made it report 2 channels and mp3surround = yes because - as opposed to true multichannel mp3 files which contain more than 2 channels - mp3surround files contain only 2 channels and spatial cue data for reconstruction / synthesis of additional (surround) channels.

As far as I can tell mp3surround decoding is not even necessarily locked to a total of 6 output channel, although the example decoder is fixed to that number (which doesn't mean much because it decodes normal stereo mp3s without mp3surround data to 6 channels as well, filling the surround channels with silence. doh.)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #3
Hi, could you upload mp3sDecDLL.dll somewhere or do we have to download the full stuff from fraunhofer.de?

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #4
I believe that if the license allowed redistribution, he would be providing it in a bundle with the plug-in. Just a guess. :B

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #5
All right cool.

Thanks,
  Will
God Bless U.S.A

foo_mp3s (experimental)

Reply #7
Better late than never?

Not sure if there's an updated version for new foobar2000.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021