Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar API's (Read 7759 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar API's

Hi!
I am considering making my software (PartyTime Jukebox) compatible with fb2k in the future if possible but would like to know a few things first before pursuing on with the idea.

I know some of these could be done using keyboard shortcuts, but are there actual API’s for these items listed below:
BTW I have tried foo_winamp_spam - Winamp API Emulator but unfortunately it does not contain all of the API’s I need at this time.

Get/Set current volume setting/level.
    Get remaining track time.
    Get elapsed track time.
    Get current track duration.
    Get full path of the currently playing track.
    Get full path of a track located anywhere in the playlist.
    Get/Set repeat status.
    Get/Set random status.
    Set/Undo Stop after current track command.
    Add a track to foobar’s playlist.
    Insert a tack at a specific location inside foobar’s playlist.
    Play
    Pause
    Stop
    Next
    Previous[/li]
[/b]
Also…
Is there a Crossfader output plugin available for foobar?
Is it possible to get a list of all audio formats supported through official addons when foobar starts up?
Is it possible to launch a second instance of foobar?

Thanks in advance! 

Foobar API's

Reply #1
Several of those * -> Foobar2000 actions can be triggered by command line parameters. For a full list, use the /? switch.

For the rest, you could write your own Foobar2000 interface component. Nobody has designed a "standard" interface specific to Foobar2000 yet. Perhaps somebody will get bored and write a near-complete COM server wrapper for external use or something...

Foobar API's

Reply #2
Also…
Is there a Crossfader output plugin available for foobar?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For crossfading normal track changes you could either try [a href="http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000.php]crossfader[/url] or Continuator, which are dsp components actually. For (cross)fading on pause, stop or skip you have the choice between DirectSound Output v2.0 included with normal version of foobar and DirectSound Output v2.5.

Bye

Foobar API's

Reply #3
It seems that I'm not the only one who wants a good interface . . .