Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_tree (Read 715444 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1025
is it normal that my foobar uses 50 Mo since I've put the playlist tree component ? :-(

before it was never more than 12 Mo

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1026
Would it be possible to have the @sum function to work in the display as it does in the folder name for a query?

I ask as I would like to have a sum of play count for each genre so the query would be [%play counter%] and the format would be %genre%|@sum<%play counter%>

Oh, and this is a fantastic plugin by the way, thanks very much for making it 

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1027
Would it be possible to have the @sum function to work in the display as it does in the folder name for a query?

I ask as I would like to have a sum of play count for each genre so the query would be [%play counter%] and the format would be %genre%|@sum<%play counter%>

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364004"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, if I am reading this correctly, I think you can do what you want by doing something like this:

Query: [%play_counter%]

Format: %genre% '@sum<%play_counter%>'|%artist%|%album%|%title%
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1028

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364004"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, if I am reading this correctly, I think you can do what you want by doing something like this:

Query: [%play_counter%]

Format: %genre% '@sum<%play_counter%>'|%artist%|%album%|%title%
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364006"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yup, that did it, thanks.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1029
Hopefully an easy one:

When I drop an m3u or fpl from Explorer onto PT (1.7.18) while holding Ctrl I end up with the the new @drop query node labelled with the filename of the m3u file.  Underneath this is another node with the same label, and then the third level under this is the leaf nodes labelled with the song titles.

I only want two levels, the @drop query node and the leaf nodes directly under this.  I've found I can make this happen manually by editing the newly created query node and changing the Format from @default to %title% but it's a little annoying to have to do this every time I drop a new m3u file.  Is there any setting I can make to cause PT to use this layout automatically?

In the options I've set "Default Query Display" to %title% which I thought would achieve what I'm after but doesn't seem to have this effect.  The layout I want is exactly what I get if I drop the m3u file without holding Ctrl to get a static node.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1030
is it normal that my foobar uses 50 Mo since I've put the playlist tree component ? :-(

before it was never more than 12 Mo
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363729"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

please tell me how I could make it use lower RAM guys :-(

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1031
Hello, what you can do is to keep queries unpopulated, you can only doo a refresh on a given query when you need it, and after that to do a "remove/childrens" on it. That is what I do to use less RAM.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1032
When the Foobar2000 0.9 SDK goes public, I plan on converting Playlist Tree over to the new SDK.  In the process, I want to simplify things for the users while maintaining the core features that make playlist tree so great.  I am putting together a Wiki page to list things that I think would be useful and to let users see where I think this is headed.  If you have some suggestions please post them on the Playlist Tree forum at http://bowron.us/smf/index.php?topic=208.0

http://wiki.bowron.us/index.php/Playlist_Tree_Improvements

Thanks.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1033
Hello cwbowron, can you tell if, when SDK 0.9 will be public, you plan to continue maintaining a playlisttree for 0.8.3 ?
(cause some users can prefer so still using 0.8.3...)

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1034
(cause some users can prefer so still using 0.8.3...)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...there should be no reason to use 0.8.3 further, maybe for the time while all plugins are compiled against 0.9SDK, but maintaining already valorized progs is still a time investigation which is not neccessary - 0.9 is aimed to suite nowadays needs - modify yourself ...
... this all IMHO    - I know that this opinion may not be yours - just want to help   

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1035
Hello cwbowron, can you tell if, when SDK 0.9 will be public, you plan to continue maintaining a playlisttree for 0.8.3 ?
(cause some users can prefer so still using 0.8.3...)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I anticipate that when the 0.9 SDK comes out new version will be built only on 0.9 SDK.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1036
Ok, and for my last problem, il it possible to add a checkbox proposing to filter after the display sort?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1037
I'm just now delving into this plugin and am trying to get a handle on query formatting.

One thing I'd like to have is a tree of recently listened-to albums.  I'd like to have full albums displayed, so that even if I've only listened to some of the songs from an album, the entire album is present in the tree.

What I use now is this query:

Code: [Select]
Query: [%last_played%]
_ foo_playlist_gen format

Format: $if(%album artist%,%album%,%artist%)|%title%

Population Sort Order: %last_played%|%album%  X Reverse

Display Sort Order: $sub(99,%tracknumber%)

I know this doesn't work, and in fact, it gives me tracks that haven't been played recently, but that are by the same artist as tracks that have been played recently.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1038
Some comments & thoughts from a big database user

First of all: one million thanks to cwbowron for this plugin, without this i will not be able to use foobar with my collection of archived music. Sincerously, thanks man

Lastly i am gettings things working the way i like thanks to this plugin. I have a pt tree with nodes dragged from the  physical folders, and i can very easily update the collection when i add new music just dragging in the proper node the new folder. Excellent. This was impossible with foobar's database explorer, and also i didn´t want a rescan on nodes every time i open foobar and want to listen some music, it causes much work to my external raid 5 unit.
But one of the things that i can´t do with pt is to use queries. This is because it uses the database to scan and it  causes those rescans i want to avoid so much. Not a really problem to me, what i get now is enough for my needs.

But there are two main things i am trying to solve and i ask for some help if anybody had similar problems.

I use mostly ape files, and many times i have a (for example) CDImage.ape file and a .cue file. What i get in the tree for this structure is the correct list of files in the album AND an ugly to see file CDimage.ape, that duplicates the tracks when i listen the node. Is there any way to avoid this and similar situations?

On other part, i am trying to use differents columns for different categories of music in the playlist view, for example:  'Compositor' and 'Centuries' for Classical categories, 'Country' for Ethnic category, etc. For this purpose i am trying to use tagz to send the music to the appropiate playlist  so that columns_ui can filter the columns properly. I thought something like this as user defined playlist in the 'doubleclick' menu of pt could help:

$trim($if($strstr(%_path%,Clasico),'Clasica',$if($strstr(%_path%,Rock),'Pop & Rock',$if($strstr(%_path%,Jazz),'Jazz, Blues,  Soul',$if($strstr(%_path%,xperiment),'Electronica, Experimental', $if($strstr(%_path%,tnico),'Etnico, Fusiones','Misc'))))))

but i can´t get it work. %_path% is resolved as 'silence__1' or so. Anyone tried something similar? Am i missing anything?

Aditional thoughts about managing big databases will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1039
On other part, i am trying to use differents columns for different categories of music in the playlist view, for example:  'Compositor' and 'Centuries' for Classical categories, 'Country' for Ethnic category, etc. For this purpose i am trying to use tagz to send the music to the appropiate playlist  so that columns_ui can filter the columns properly. I thought something like this as user defined playlist in the 'doubleclick' menu of pt could help:

$trim($if($strstr(%_path%,Clasico),'Clasica',$if($strstr(%_path%,Rock),'Pop & Rock',$if($strstr(%_path%,Jazz),'Jazz, Blues,  Soul',$if($strstr(%_path%,xperiment),'Electronica, Experimental', $if($strstr(%_path%,tnico),'Etnico, Fusiones','Misc'))))))

but i can´t get it work. %_path% is resolved as 'silence__1' or so. Anyone tried something similar? Am i missing anything?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The problem is that the %_path% in question is referring to the path of the folders which dont really have a path... they rigged to use a handle to 1 sec of silence to be able to do the formatting... you might be able to use something like @first<%_path%_> in a folder to get the path of the first file in the folder...

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1040
I believe that I have tested with cue files and compressed files in the past.  How are the files getting to playlist tree?  Are you dragging and dropping them from outside of fb2k or dropping them from the playlist or using them inside a query?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=362752"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've dragged them into playlisttree from explorer, haven't figured out a way just yet other then that to get files into playlisttree
If i query with an "empty" playlisttree it doesn't give me any result, even though I have them in my database in foobar. Never even thought of dragging files from the playlist  Gonna try out that!

*edit*

Tried to use Playlist->Insert from, and that resultet in "????" also... 

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1041
I'm trying to make an artist browsing query that read the directory path in order to make the difference between LPs and singles (Singles are all put in a subfolder called "[Singles]"), I've made it, but it always returns Singles, why ?

$cut(%artist%,1)|%artist%|$if(@quote<$directory(%_path%,2) HAS Singles>,Singles,LP/EP)|%date% - %album%|$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

By the way, I've got another problem, display and population order are :
%artist%|$num(%date%,4)|$num(%tracknumber%,2)

But for some artists, the albums are not well ordered, for example, I've got :
A
|_ A Perfect Circle
---|_ Singles (first problem, these albums are not in the subdir [Singles] so it should say LP/EP)
-------|_ 2003 - Thirteenth Step
-------|_ 2004 - eMOTIVe
-------|_ 2004 - aMOTION
-------|_ 2000 - Mer De Noms (second problem, should be displayed FIRST)

That's odd, isn't it ? Anyone could help me please ?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1042
find a solution for my first problem doing so : $cut(%artist%,1)|%artist%|$if($strstr(%_path%,'[Singles]'),'Singles','LP/EP')|%date% - %album%|$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

but not for the second problem about ordering results

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1043
none has got troubles to order queries and has a problem such like mine ?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1044
The problem is that the %_path% in question is referring to the path of the folders which dont really have a path... they rigged to use a handle to 1 sec of silence to be able to do the formatting... you might be able to use something like @first<%_path%_> in a folder to get the path of the first file in the folder...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365573"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks cwbowron, it's strange but it works 50%. Nodes at the same level are sent to different playlists, having all of them the same term that is searched for in the tagz, i've not been able to find a pattern for this behaviour.  I'll have to investigate more...

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1045
I've got a problem, display and population order are :
%artist%|%date%|$num(%tracknumber%,2)

A
|_ A Perfect Circle
-------|_ 2004 - eMOTIVe
-------|_ 2004 - aMOTION
-------|_ 2000 - Mer De Noms (should be displayed FIRST)

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1046
I've got a problem, display and population order are :
%artist%|%date%|$num(%tracknumber%,2)

A
|_ A Perfect Circle
-------|_ 2004 - eMOTIVe
-------|_ 2004 - aMOTION
-------|_ 2000 - Mer De Noms (should be displayed FIRST)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=366030"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

try using %_name% for display order.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1047
solved everything !! thank you so much !

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1048
Hello, I was  thinking in something that can be very powerfull, at least, that can solve the queries I actually can't do.

This idea is to add the ability, in top of sortings possibility, filter displayed results. That can permit to display only folders with an itemcount or foldersize higher or lower than n.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1049
Hello, I was  thinking in something that can be very powerfull, at least, that can solve the queries I actually can't do.

This idea is to add the ability, in top of sortings possibility, filter displayed results. That can permit to display only folders with an itemcount or foldersize higher or lower than n.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=366571"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats a pretty good idea... There's some technical difficulties to that right now, but it might be easier depending on changes for 0.9...