Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1078771 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #275
I'm not sure if I missed anything, but the download link to foo_uie_albumart doesn't work for me. Am I doing anything wrong?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #276
I'm not sure if I missed anything, but the download link to foo_uie_albumart doesn't work for me. Am I doing anything wrong?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For me too 

Someone can mirror the file please?

Thanx!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #277
I made a mirror here

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #278
Thanks dano! 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #279
Thanks for the quick help

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #280
Thanks for the greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat plug-in.
Now, I'm really enjoying it..

I have one question.
Is it possilbe to show several image files in the same directory by random?

I mean...

Suppose that I have 1.jpg, 2.jpg in directory d:\music.

And I want to show 1.jpg in Albumart panel when the tracknumber is odd and 2.jpg when the tracknumber is even..

Please, show me the way!!!

PS : Even though it's a little late, I wish all of you 'Happy New Year!!!'

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #281
Suppose that I have 1.jpg, 2.jpg in directory d:\music.

And I want to show 1.jpg in Albumart panel when the tracknumber is odd and 2.jpg when the tracknumber is even.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262710"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try
Code: [Select]
d:\music\$ifequal($mod(%tracknumber%,2),1,1,2).jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #282
I've been following this thread and don't recall seeing this problem mentioned.

Whenever I load files that do not have cover art (by either enqueuing or double-clicking in Windows Explorer), I get the following error on load and track changes:

File Error
Windows cannot find FOLDER.JPG. Check the path and filename, and then try again.

These are the only two things that I have listed for cover art image sources:

$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))folder.jpg
components\default.png

Thanks, Rob

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #283
Try
d:\music\$ifequal($mod(%tracknumber%,2),1,1,2).jpg

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262711"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you very much.. upNorth..

It works very well.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #284
Maybe I'm just the dumbest guy here, but I cannot get this to work.  I have read through the entire thread...  Picking up hint after hint...  That get me closer and closer...  Downloading dll after dll and component after component...  But I am still floundering and living life without what promises to be a fabulous component.

What this plug-in really needs, IMHO, is a step-by-step installation and configuration guide.  Can anyone help me with this?  I beg you!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #285
Maybe I'm just the dumbest guy here, but I cannot get this to work.  I have read through the entire thread...  Picking up hint after hint...  That get me closer and closer...  Downloading dll after dll and component after component...  But I am still floundering and living life without what promises to be a fabulous component.

What this plug-in really needs, IMHO, is a step-by-step installation and configuration guide.  Can anyone help me with this?  I beg you!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263774"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok

First of all, make sure you have the latest versions of the following plug-ins

foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_uie_tabs.dll        <---- you might not need this but just in case
foo_uie_albumart.dll

next make sure you get the following dlls and stick them into your winnt/system32 or windows/system32 directory:

MSVCP71.dll  <---
MSVCR71.dll  <--- both these dlls are required, well I needed them

once you have done that, you simply get your album image as a jpg and rename it to folder.jpg, don’t rename it the folder name of your album, literally rename it to "folder.jpg"

stick this image into your album folder.

Load fb2k, and click on one of the tracks in that album, obviously after enabling the album art panel in the foo_ui_columns side control

Hope that helps

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #286
thank you for the great plugin.

i was wondering if there is a possibility  adding drag&drop support. then it would be possible to add an image to a predefined folder and format just but  dropping it on the albumart  area in foobar.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #287
Hey

Where do you get your album covers from??
I do not own a scanner, so it would be nice to have a web site with a lot of album covers.

Thanks

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #288
Hey

I do not own a scanner, so it would be nice to have a web site with a lot of album covers.

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263795"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

why don't you download them from amazon or wallmart
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #289

Here's two different programs for downloading album art:

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](Originally posted here, by Tomacco_Boy.)[/span]

and

http://thenexusnet.blogspot.com/2004/12/al...version-10.html
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](Originally posted here, by nexus09.)[/span]

Clowns love haircuts; so should Lee Marvin's valet.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #290
Hey
Thanks
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get all my covers from here: [a href="http://images.google.de/images?q=rolling%20stones&hl=de&lr=&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=wi]LINK![/url]
Without any program to install.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #292
upNorth, it works (there were problems before because of unicode chars etc, it now works for normal english characters):
$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))folder.jpg
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*front*
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*frnt*
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*back*
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*cover*
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))**
default.jpg

Does anyone have a setup like this working? I added the second line as my only entry:

match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*front*

A quick skip through my playlist found that the following album art files were displayed:
MF Doom Live 930 - Front.jpg
Mr. Lif - Enters The Colossus.jpg
B00000DR51.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Sixtoo - The Psyche Years
The Beatles - Scans - Front.jpg

As you can see, it seems to match some *front* files, and some non-*front* files. There were also several other *front* files that weren't matched at all. I can't find any pattern to it at all, it seems very random as to what files are displayed.

I get similar results with this wildcard:
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*.jpg

Theoretically, that should pick up a jpg in the directory no matter what its filename, but I find it only picks up about 20%.

Has anyone had reliable success with the wildcard matching?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #293
This is my attempt to make a step by step installation/configuration doc for this incredible plug-in.  Thanks to JEN and the others in this thread for helping me to get it working!  And a big thanks to rexy for creating this little slice of heaven!

I am writing this file as if you just did a clean installation of foobar2000.  I also assume you have downloaded your cover art and added it to your albums' folders.

You can use one of a number of applications that will to this for you.  I have listed two below:

Album Cover Art Downloader
(I use this one because it will allow you to drag in cover art manually.  This is great when Amazon does not have art for your album.)

Album Art Aggregator version 1.0
(I think this one does a better job deciphering your file structure.)

Now, on to the installation...

Download MSVCP71.dll and place in foobar2000 folder
DLL-files.com - download msvcp71.dll

Download msvcr71.dll and place in foobar2000 folder
DLL-files.com - download msvcr71.dll

Download foo_ui_columns.dll and place in foobar2000\components folder
(I am using the "last stable version" which is 0.1.2 at this time)
http://foobar.nub4life.net/columns/pafiled...n=category&id=6

Download foo_uie_albumart.dll and place in foobar2000\components folder
http://foobar.nub4life.net/columns/pafiled...tion=file&id=76

Open foobar2000
Open preferences
Click on "Display"
Change "User interface module" to Columns UI
Click "Save all"
Click "Close"
Close foobar2000
Restart foobar2000
You should now see the sidebar

Right-click on the "Playlists" panel title
Choose "Panels"
Choose "Album Art"

At this point you should be up and running.  Once you add music to your playlist and click around or start playing you should see the cover art.

There are more things you can configure.  For example you can have the art shrink to fit the panel.  To get to those preferences, just...

Right-click on the "Album Art" panel title
Choose "Preferences..."

You can also resize the panel by dragging the sidebar to the left or right and dragging the panel up or down.

That's it! I hope I have helped others so they too can enjoy this fabulous component!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #294
dewey1973 - great setup instructions!

Maybe you could go into the wiki?

Thanks

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #295
I am guessing there currently isnt a plugin for foobar that can download album covers yet... perhaps a feature of this plugin in the future?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #296
I am guessing there currently isnt a plugin for foobar that can download album covers yet... perhaps a feature of this plugin in the future?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah would be great.. if someone steps in to continue development, that is 
Anyway, the source of the [a href="http://str8dog.com/archive/2004/06/23/1232.aspx]Album Art Tool[/url] is available under GPL license.
Wishful thinking doesn't hurt

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #297
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could use [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14445&hl=foo_web]foo_web[/url] to automatically search any of the main sources of art and then save the art manually.  There are a lot of configuration strings in the topic that you could use.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #298
Or use foo_openwith with combination with small program written in Python to download albuma art in a more automatic way.

See this topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #299
Any updates on displaying cover art embedded in the mp3 files themselves? (like Windows Media Player does, for example)