Skip to main content

Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1051095 times) previous topic - next topic

• Ana
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #750
Please forgive if I've missed something - I've searched both this topic and the forum, and neither turned up the answer. The question's so basic, I'm almost embarrassed to ask, so I assume it's been answered already - just point me to the post if so

How do I get the album art panel to display in foobar v9??? The method that worked in 0.8 doesn't any more (the "Panels" menu gainsayed by right-clicking on the sidebar just shows me the playlist switcher, and nothing else). I cannot find any option to display it anywhere else, and I've right-clicked everywhere I can think of, in case it's moved menu.

I'm using the latest dll, downloaded to my components folder. What else do I need to do?

• gfngfgf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #751
Ana: first, there is a new thread for the albumart component.  This thread really should not be used anymore.  Please make sure you get the latest version of uie_albumart for v0.9 from here.

Second, the new version of Columns UI still has the sidebar, but there is also a new, more powerful "Layout" system, available in "Preferences->Columns UI->Layout".  Check the Columns UI thread and wiki for more information.

• Ana
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #752
Whoops, I thought this thread was the one linked to from the wanted_ports thread. My apologies. I'll, ah, go and sink quietly into this nice hole...

And apologies again, because I should have mentioned that I can't figure *that* out either, it just looks very similar to v0.8 I redownloaded Columns UI when the final v0.9 came out, I'll go and check if there's a later version I'm missing. Thanks

EDIT: Oooo... AJAX. Very swiss
  • Last Edit: 20 April, 2006, 06:31:52 AM by Ana

• Ana
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #753
For future reference: I was running an outdated version of Columns UI - dated 03/03/06 instead of 22/03/06. Now both the panel and layout system work fine.

• Sperber
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #754
Maybe it's a silly Question, but: Is it possible to use two Album Art Panels with different preferences. E.g. when I listen to a sampler, I want to see the Album Cover in one Panel and a pic of the Artist of the current Track in the second Panel. Like in the picture below.

Thx

Claus

• Eztli
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #755
Can someone please explain how to use uie_albumart in the sidebar thing? I don't know how to use foobar's skinning properly, so I am stuck without albumart.

• Shinsou
  • [*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #756
Can someone please explain how to use uie_albumart in the sidebar thing? I don't know how to use foobar's skinning properly, so I am stuck without albumart.

right click on sidebar's title and choose Album art. Or play a bit with splitters in preferences/ColumnsUI/layout

• Slourte
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #757
Maybe it's a silly Question, but: Is it possible to use two Album Art Panels with different preferences. E.g. when I listen to a sampler, I want to see the Album Cover in one Panel and a pic of the Artist of the current Track in the second Panel. Like in the picture below.

Thx

Claus

I tried to edit the source code to have an artist picture panel but I never succeeded. But I'm pretty sure someone with good programming skills could do that easily.

Anyone interested?

• artgas
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #758
is this the lastest verson on the 1st floor??

does it support the lastest version of foobar0.91 final?

• Seldaek
  • [*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #759
No and no, find the last version here, and other 0.9x plugins there

• waileongyeo
  • [*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #760
OR modified to support CD cover in matroska container (based on the latest version v0.15 at http://stephan.kochen.nl/proj/foobar2000.html):
foo_uie_albumart_mka (albumart mod to read matroska covers) v0.1516
http://tmp.reharmonize.net/foobar/
=>http://tmp.reharmonize.net/foobar/foo_uie_albumart_mka_0.1516.zip

Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #761
I tried to edit the source code to have an artist picture panel but I never succeeded. But I'm pretty sure someone with good programming skills could do that easily.

Anyone interested?

I have the same request. I don't know how to make a double album_art panel so please somebody who can write programs please find out for us.

• parive3
  • [*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #762
Is there some wiki page with help full info on how to get code for the album location.
I don't want to read 31 pages looking for it.

I want to get it to use the first  the first 6 letters of the album and then look for in my cover directory for the cover with a filename that has the first 6 letters of the album at the start of the file name.

eg. Album - GTA San Andreas KJah

looks for GTA San*.jpg

D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6).jpg

Hoping it would pick up
GTA San Andreas.jpg

Also how come this component has no "About" dialog box i.e. to get the version number?.

• gfngfgf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #763
wiki page

Also, please use the discussion thread for the updated version of this plugin.

You're very close with what you have.  I believe you'll want to try:

Code: [Select]
D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6)*.jpg

You can get component version numbers from the "Components" section of foobar2000's preferences.

• parive3
  • [*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #764
Also, please use the discussion thread for the updated version of this plugin.

You're very close with what you have.  I believe you'll want to try:

D:\My Mp3s\Album Cover\$substr(%album%,1,6)*.jpg

You can get component version numbers from the "Components" section of foobar2000's preferences.

I actually used the * I left it out on the post. Anyway it didn't work. Thanks I will post it on the new thread.
Thanks

Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #765
hi! i'm a newbie. is there any way for this plugin to ONLY display the album art of what is playing? if no song is playing, and i click on a song in a playlist, it shows the album art of that song. i would like it to be blank if no song is playing, no matter what song i click on in a playlist. thanks in advance!

thank you for the plugin!!

• tengjack
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #766
Hi, I have a problem with album art in an upper folder
e.g "C:\MP3\ABC\cover.jpg" and the MP3 is inside "C:\MP3\ABC\CD1\11.mp3"

i tried with the following source but it won't work, does anybody has any idea what went wrong
Thanks.
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover.jpg
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\cover.jpg

• rouge
  • [*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #767
Just as a reminder, there's still that problem with the alignment of an image when padding is ON and centering is OFF.

One more thing, too.  When you right-click in the panel and select `open directory,' it opens the containing directory of the currently playing song, without regard.

ciao
  • Last Edit: 10 January, 2007, 06:07:59 AM by rouge

Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #768

You can't use '..\' '.\' in the filenames, try:
-$replace(%path%,%directory%'\'%filename_ext%,)*

• tengjack
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #769

You can't use '..\' '.\' in the filenames, try:
-$replace(%path%,%directory%'\'%filename_ext%,)*

Thank you very much 
it works

• akuma
  • [*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #770
hi!
i've been using this plugin for quite a time now and there was always this problem my (marginal) titlefomatting skills just couldn't solve.. but other than that it works like a charm for me!
well however, i can't seem to figure out how to make albumart translate a "-" in a filename into to a ":" though.. some album tags include ":" in their names but naturally windows doesn't let me put it into a filename so.. yeah..

i'd be thankful if somebody could help me..

anyways, thanks a mill for the plugin though!
  • Last Edit: 17 October, 2007, 03:13:59 PM by akuma

• zmur
  • [*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #771
here's the source file for my album art

$if(%path%,,images\logo.png)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$if($stricmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),'images\radio.png',)
--$if($stricmp($left(%codec%,4),cdda),images\cdrom.png,)
--images\default.*

i'm using version 0.2.7.1 , it worked fine in 0.2.6
I use foobar 0.9.5 (the newest/final version)

is there anything that can be done or do i have to use older foo_uie_albumart version  ?

• pepoluan
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Foo_uie_albumart
Reply #772
For those of you who doesn't realize it...

Please be informed that The Latest (Updated) Album Art Plugin is now maintained by gfngfgf, and you can find it here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....;p=525016&#

The discussion follows that post, naturally.

And also please check out HAK's article on The Latest (Updated) Album Art Plugin here:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...lbumart%29#Link

Your welcome.
  • Last Edit: 04 January, 2008, 02:00:48 PM by pepoluan
Nobody is Perfect.
I am Nobody.

http://pandu.poluan.info