Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1111372 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #225
Rexy, you rock!  This update is much better than the previous one.  Keep up the good work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260429"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This version is dynamite! cheers man =))
and cheers Musicmusic he's made all the nice uie's possible..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260431"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. And of course cheers to musicmusic.

I just wanted to say that I advise you all to redownload the file because I made some tinny changes to it without a version number change.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #227
Thanks a lot rexy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're welcome.

OK, everybody, redownload again. I fixed some small bug with updating when not playing and I added the option to change the resizing quality.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #228
Thanks a lot rexy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're welcome.

OK, everybody, redownload again. I fixed some small bug with updating when not playing and I added the option to change the resizing quality.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260437"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi rexy,

sorry to bother you when you 're probably packing up for your holidays (  ) but I couldn't manage to use wildcards at all... I know that you said that the system is not yet perfect, however I can't get anything even with the simplest string...

I wrote as my first source:

match: *.jpg   

I expect albumlist to find the only .jpg file in foobar2000 folder, but I don't get any result.

If I write:

default.jpg

it works. Do I do anything wrong?

Thanks 

EDIT: I'll try with the new version

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #229
If you say "match: *.jpg" then what it thinks is, "look for any file that has .jpg at the end and starts with a space, followed by any string of characters."
That is, you should not have a space after the colon.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #230
  sorry to bother you when you 're probably packing up for your holidays (  ) but I couldn't manage to use wildcards at all... I know that you said that the system is not yet perfect, however I can't get anything even with the simplest string...

I wrote as my first source:

match: *.jpg

Same here
I'm trying to get any *front*.jpg on the folder that the song currently selected (or playing) is placed in, to be displayed. But no luck. Someone can please tell me what can I do to make it work? 

Did try this:
match:*.jpg
match:*front*.jpg
match:*front*.*
match:*.*

Nothing seems to work. No cover displayed, just default cover.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #231
Same here
me too :/
Code: [Select]
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))*.jpg
or
match:$left(%_path%,$sub($len(%_path%),$len(%_filename_ext%)))

doesn't work for me either ...

directory is: G:\Sorted\OST\Jon_Brion_-_Punch-Drunk_Love_(Score)_OST-2002-esk
and file: 00_jon_brion_-_punch-drunk_love_(score)_ost-2002-front-esk.jpg

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #232
With this new v0.041, I'm getting the occasional error message upon exit:

"metadb_handle leaks, 1 object"

This seems to happen when I:
1. Start foobar with the columns_ui sidebar disabled
2. Enable the sidebar that includes the albumart panel
3. Play a few tracks that display the album art
4. Disable the columns_ui sidebar
5. Quit foobar

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #233
One small issue:
You have set some of the controls in preferences page (those for "Expand..." and "Shrink..") too wide. On my system (Windows2000, no skinning) they sometimes clear begining of the controls right of them.

And second one:
When used in tabbed panel stack, your context menu is not available. And what's more, when mouse cursor is moved outside caption of your plugin (still in the panel stack) there is a black rectangle drawn under it.

I report it here, not in tabbed panel page because other plugins doesn't have this behavior.

Anyway nice plugin. Cheers,
Filip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260425"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

About the first issue, I really do not know what the problem is because the controls are just as big as they should be and you say that it only sometimes does that.
As for the second, the context menu thing is a foo_uie_tabs thing. The way Phi did it, the context menu for the tab instead of the tabs panel is through the tab's tab (like where its name is). As fow the black rectangle stuff, I am not having those problems...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260428"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, I just expected extensions would handle the context menu themselves in their own window. But I notice columns adds the extension's menu to its own when clicks fall through, so I'll change uie_tabs to do the same.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #234
Actually, I just expected extensions would handle the context menu themselves in their own window. But I notice columns adds the extension's menu to its own when clicks fall through, so I'll change uie_tabs to do the same.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260451"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, I thought it was intended that the extension's menu only gets into the right click when you click the tab itself and not just the window.

About the wildcard stuff, as I said its functionality is erratic. If I would replace all the wchars with chars it works for simple ASCII stuff just fine, but if I change it to wchars (and of course, also change all the string operations to unicode defined functions), everything works erratically. It's just something I need to fix. I hope I'll be able to fix it before I leave, so that there wouldn't be a real need for an update while I'm gone.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #235
For reference, a better default setting for the file list is (in my opinion):

$left(%_path%,$sub($len2(%_path%),$len2(%_filename_ext%)))folder.jpg

Note that the only change is that the $len's are replaced with $len2's.  If double-width characters are ignored, then this doesn't affect anything.  If double-width characters are counted as two, though, then the above code must be used if the song's folder contains double-width characters (as is the case on my hard drive).

Thanks for the great plugin.  It's already very useful and configurable, which are two good things

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #236
thx rexy for the awesome plugin, i love it like all the others
i also wish a minimum height setting if possible
g'night

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #237
I uploaded the last version before I go. I enabled the whole wildcard matching for English characters, so you can at least use that. Not even umlauts in the path will work when doing a wild match.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #239
I uploaded the last version before I go. I enabled the whole wildcard matching for English characters, so you can at least use that. Not even umlauts in the path will work when doing a wild match.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260471"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg
was working just fine with v0.040, but it doesn't work with v0.041.
Could it be because of a '¤' character in the path?

Btw: Have a nice trip, rexy! 

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #240
Hey thank you rexy! Much better now  Really appreciate your work on this.

Maybe one easy thing could be done to further improve the plugin: just check, if the image really has changed and only redraw if it did - this would rid some of the still remaining flickering (or is this a problem on my side? When I change tracks, the album art panel flickers two times. Not as annoying as in the old version.).

Are you still going to release the source before you leave?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #241
One small issue:
You have set some of the controls in preferences page (those for "Expand..." and "Shrink..") too wide. On my system (Windows2000, no skinning) they sometimes clear begining of the controls right of them.

And second one:
When used in tabbed panel stack, your context menu is not available. And what's more, when mouse cursor is moved outside caption of your plugin (still in the panel stack) there is a black rectangle drawn under it.

I report it here, not in tabbed panel page because other plugins doesn't have this behavior.

Filip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260425"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

About the first issue, I really do not know what the problem is because the controls are just as big as
they should be and you say that it only sometimes does that.

Just click first in the "Expand" checkbox, then on "Shrink" and then on "Expand". You will have about two first oixels of "Maintain aspect ratio" and "Draw a black pixel border" checkboxex cleared with dialog backgrund color. Looks like the controls are that two pixels too wide.

As for the second, the context menu thing is a foo_uie_tabs thing. The way Phi did it, the context menu for the tab instead of the tabs panel is through the tab's tab (like where its name is). As fow the black rectangle stuff, I am not having those problems...

Yeah, it works when clicked in the tab name. But it would work also in your panel's area if you only handle WM_CONTEXTMENU message. Looks like you handle it with ui_extension build_menu() menthod instead. Looks like all the other plugins are using WX_CONTEXTMENU.

UPDATE:
I have just read Phi's reply (didn't notice the next page in thread), so looks like it will work in next foo_uie_tabs version...

As for the black rectangle, I can't get it anymore. Weird.

Have a good vacations, Rexy.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #242
And another issue:

Add Album Art Panel to the sidebar. Close it and try to add in again. There is no "Album Art Plugin" in "Panels" menu anymore.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #243
Can't wait for actual reading from the mp3 tag, keep up the great work!

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #244
One small issue:

And second one:

Filip
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

About the first issue, I really do not know what the problem is because the controls are just as big as
they should be and you say that it only sometimes does that.

Just click first in the "Expand" checkbox, then on "Shrink" and then on "Expand". You will have about two first oixels of "Maintain aspect ratio" and "Draw a black pixel border" checkboxex cleared with dialog backgrund color. Looks like the controls are that two pixels too wide.

I think I can confirm this on my machine (WinXP SP2, classical windows style, no themes enabled).  Actually, it happens anytime I hover my mouse over "expand" or "shrink".  The checkbox just to the right of the label loses the left edge.  The error goes away when I hover my mouse over "maintain aspect ratio" or "draw a black pixel border".  Here's a screenshot:

[a href="http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/shunmgvl/www/checkboxes.png]Screenshot[/url]

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #245
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That works now for me

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #246
thank you very much rexy

@A_Man_Eating_Duck, I get the same error but a left click on the album fixes the error....

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #247
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumart.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

I'm getting this error when I start foobar with the current version of the album art plugin. I've tried with MSVCP71.DLL in these directories: \foobar2000, \foobar2000\components, Windows, Windows\System, Windows\System32. Anyone else getting this?

Is it possible that another component could be conflicting? I'm one Win98se using/playing with the current versions of foobar2000, columns ui, tabbed panels, track info, album list, database explorer, playlist tree.

Thanks.

Rob

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #248
... I'm one Win98se ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260560"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

v0.040
* Change code to GDI+ in order to improve resizing quality

I think GDI+ doesn't work on windows versions prior to windows2000.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #249
this is great!  it works with win98 now.  (before, it seemed to work but nothing showed up)

stripe/ben
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260274"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This post is from two days ago. Was the GDI+ change made since then?

Rob