Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3Gain work with MP3Pro files? (Read 3711 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3Gain work with MP3Pro files?

Is it possible to add MP3Pro file support to MP3Gain? Thanks

Reply #1
Originally posted by spies
Is it possible to add MP3Pro file support to MP3Gain? Thanks

The MP3 part of MP3Pro will probably work. I don't know if that will produce correct results with the 'Pro' info.

If not, adding support is probably impossible since MP3Pro is not public.

--
GCP

Reply #2
I don't think this would work, either. The SBR band is not "seen" by non-mp3pro software, so as Garf says, you would probably end up with results on the MPEG-2 Layer 3 stream but not the SBR band, which would sound very interesting. . . .

Reply #3
That's what I was afraid of. Running an MP3Pro file through MP3Gain only adjusts the "MP3" part of the file and not the "Pro" part. The resulting MP3Pro file ends up sounding like all the bass was removed. I still have hope that MP3Pro support could be added. I suppose I will have to go the WaveGain route for now.

Reply #4
I don't see why Mp3Gain should support MP3pro... nobody in their right mind uses it.

Reply #5
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
I don't see why Mp3Gain should support MP3pro... nobody in their right mind uses it.

Because it gives pretty darned good quality for the bitrate?

Seriously, given it's closed nature, hoping for support in external tools is quite, eh, hopeless.

--
GCP

Reply #6
Well, it's a lot less hassle for all parties if OGG is just used rather than MP3pro... there is already an OGGGain tool.