Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extension of MPEG1 Layer I file (Read 2433 times) previous topic - next topic

Extension of MPEG1 Layer I file

What extensions does an MPEG Layer I audio file have? For  MPEG Layer II it is MP2, and for Layer III, as we all know, MP3.
I also heard of MPA and MP1 as well as MPG for Layer I files.

Thanks for any answer
Regards Konrad

Reply #1
What extensions does an MPEG Layer I audio file have? For  MPEG Layer II it is MP2, and for Layer III, as we all know, MP3.
I also heard of MPA and MP1 as well as MPG for Layer I files.

Thanks for any answer
Regards Konrad
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251546"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

MP1 is pretty common. MPG is used for video only if I am not mistaken. MPA is MPEG Audio or something - should be the same as MP1 (like MP4 and M4A as far as I know).

Reply #2
.mpa and .m2a are both used for mp2 audio with video. Mpeg1 is the video standard used for VCDs. .mp1 audio is little used and not widely supported. .mpg is for muxed Mpeg1 and  Mpeg2 video and audio.