Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC & Plex 40TS (Read 4245 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC & Plex 40TS

which of those should be selected ?

Drive has accurate stream feature
drive caches audio data
drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information
---use c2 error  information for err correction

Plextor 40TS

and what does the offset feature provide

thanks

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #1
There's a button "Detect read features", you know... Just put a (preferably) scratched CD in, detect read command (other tab) and fire up detection of drive's read features.
And... AFAIK there's a tutorial at SatCP - just click "Help" in EAC...

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #2
Originally posted by Xenion
which of those should be selected ?

Drive has accurate stream feature
drive caches audio data
drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information
---use c2 error  information for err correction

Plextor 40TS

and what does the offset feature provide

thanks

I got the PX-32TS ...
should be the same:
Drive has accurate stream feature: YES
drive caches audio data: NO
drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information: YES

I would recommend to stay away from 'use c2 error  information for err correction', because it doen't work perfectly (at least with my PLEXTOR). It might happen with that eneabled that the whole CD is reported to be extracted correctly, but when you listen to it you will find pops, clicks ...
Be careful with that function, just use it as a last chance if you've got a real badly scratched CD. But you really should to listen to the results then to make sure that everything went fine!

For more information about offset read the help-files... (and/or use the search function in this forum to find some threads with that subject)
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #3
@mtm
this detects always something different. sometimes caching yes - sometimes no
and maybe my drive able to use the c2 thing but also it can do that its not the best setting for my drive.

thats what i wanted to know

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #4
@quellcore

thanks. thats the kind of answer I wanted to get :)

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #5
...or just see this EAC Page with Drive Specifications and just write down the settings (offset settings are included)
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #6
@ Xenion : OK, I didn't know that. Sorry then.

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #7
I use my Plextor 40x SCSI with accurate stream & C2 features enabled, audio caching not selected.  I have never seen it fail or give inconsistent results on a C2 error.

http://www.feurio.de states that the drive supports C2 and lists it as the most accurate drive for audio extraction.  Their C2 test is very accurate in determining its ability.  I would not compare the C2 ability of the 40x to the 32x.

Offset = +676

What firmware are you using?
You can't kill the Elephant.

EAC & Plex 40TS

Reply #8
firmware version 1.1.3
should be the newest