Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flacattack new versions announce (Read 51991 times) previous topic - next topic

Flacattack new versions announce

Reply #200
I downloaded the original ini and only changed the paths.  Ran it through as a Flac Image using ["Action'Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet'Compressed"] no problem.  Next went through Flacattack GUI and changed File Type: [Image] to [Individual], no change Filename Path: from [E:\Music\%artist - %album].  Changed Filename Structure:  from [%artist - %album] to [%tracknumber - %artist - %title] to compensate for Individual File Type.
Then did Individual Flac Files: "Action'Create CUE Sheet'Multiple WAV Files With Gaps... (Noncompliant)" then "Copy Selected Tracks'Compressed" Oh my, it worked!!!
FYI  My problem was many, not be mention my lack of a brain. The [brackets] got me off to a bad start. After ponchorage got me straight on the brackets and file structure it turned out to be a CUE problem.  First when EAC ask you to save the CUE file, it can be named and located anywhere it doesn’t matter, because Flacattack recreate it own in the same directory as the songs. Next when you do individual files, one at a time you must start with track #1. If you start with any other track besides track # 1 that is when I got an unhandled exception error, but after you start with #1 then you can skip around in any order. (That is how I got into trouble when I was talking on the forum, I picked a short song to compress #4 so I could try different things faster, so I just kept getting a error any though I probably had the problem fixed.)  Thanks for all the help.

Reply #201
Glad to hear you get everything working. I had a comment in the setup instructions before, but I removed it for some reason, but -- Flacattack is more meant to backup ALL songs from the CD and you will get strange results if you try and do otherwise, as Golfer has seen. Also, if you were to choose to create the log file, but then didn't encode the last track of a CD, the log file would not get moved.

Reply #202
Hi Ponchorage & others
Am I right in assuming flacattack can't deal with what is called a 'range' in EAC - a selection of tracks ripped as a single file? I want to use it to embed cue sheets in them...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277610"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try and see. I think it should actually work. You'll need to first create a cue sheet manually:

1. Action-->Create CUE Sheet-->Single WAV File.
2. Action-->Copy Range.

Let us know if that works.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277890"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've tried at some length to get a RANGE ripped and cue sheet embedded using Flacattack. This is the error produced now and I don't know how to get around it:

Flacattack 1.02, Copyright © 2004-2005 Jeremy Hicks

Image file compression

flac 1.1.2, Copyright © 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005  Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

options: --delete-input-file -P 4096 -b 4608 -m -l 8 -q 0 -r 3,3

Ltmp7!1!5.wav: ERROR initializing encoder
              state = FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_INVALID_METADATA

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\\Luigi Cherubini- String Quartets Vol
ume 1.flac: ERROR: reading metadata, status = "FLAC__METADATA_CHAIN_STATUS_NOT_A
_FLAC_FILE"

The file does not appear to be a FLAC file.
Tag - Automatic Tag from filename      Copyright © 2002-2003 Case
Version 2.0.39b, Compiled 2003-04-11

Invalid parameter: f

WARNING:
Please hit enter after you have closed the EAC ripping window.
The log file needs to be deleted. If you close this encoder window before closin
g
the EAC ripping window, you will have to manually delete the log file.

You may
also have received this message if you have enabled moving the log file in
Flacattack, but have disabled log file creation in EAC.

I have double checked the log file settings. They are set to NOT use the log, not to delete or to move the log.  Here is my ini:

[FLAC_INFO]
EXE=C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe
PATH=C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\
FILENAME=%album
COMMENT=
FILETYPE=image
COMPRESSION_LEVEL=5
VERIFY=n
ARTIST_TAG=y
ALBUM_TAG=y
TITLE_TAG=y
DATE_TAG=y
GENRE_TAG=y
TRACKNUMBER_TAG=y
COMMENT_TAG=n
OTHER_OPTIONS=

[TAG_INFO]
EMBED_CUE=y
EMBED_LOG=n
DELETE_CUE=n
DELETE_LOG=n
EXE=C:\Program Files\FLAC\Tag.exe

[CUE_INFO]
FILENAME=%album

From what I can work out FLAC or METAFLAC is not recognizing the newly created flac file as a flac file. The said flac file appears in the directory (here on my desktop) with correct filename etc, but as 0 bytes ... ie there's no data in it. The error appears as soon as the ripping finishes and encoding starts.

I'm sure it's something simple but it's beyond my competance.

TIA

ps why are those extra backslashes in the filepath of the flac error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop HERE>>>\\Luigi Cherubini- String Quartets Vol
ume 1.flac: ERROR: reading metadata, status = "FLAC__METADATA_CHAIN_STATUS_NOT_A
_FLAC_FILE"

Reply #204
er ... did I kill it !?!?    
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280176"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was wondering about that extrra backslash myself. I'll try a test run like you did today and see what kind of results I get.

Reply #206
New product from ponchorage is good news! I'll check this out as soon as possible.

On another note; I found out what was causing my cuesheets to be cut at the first special character. It's foobar's lack of UTF8 write support. I'm not really sure what actions cause foobar to cut your Unicode cuesheets up but at least editing them is going to distort them or cut them up. More information here on this thread http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=32169.
Just thought I'd share this information on this thread since many people are using FLACattack to create single file backups; undouptedly some of which have at least a CD or two with some special characters. Cheers.

Reply #207
Are there any differences between the ini files in version 1.02 and version 1.03?  I compared them and did not seem to see any, but I wanted to ask to make sure.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Reply #208
Not that I recall.

Reply #209
www.uninformative.com (70.58.32.130) seems to be down at the moment

Is there any other download source for Flacattack? If not, please send some archive to fz8guiguioio@gmx.net (this mail address will be deleted afterwards).

TIA
Friends don't let friends use lossy codecs.  (char0n)

Reply #210
I was hosting the website on my own server and I moved over the weekend. High-speed internet at a reasonable cost is unavailable in my area now.

I'm currently looking for some free hosting that supports PHP. Anybody have a server where they'd be willing to host the Flacattack web site?

Reply #212
Perfect idea.  I'd like to see the torrent tracker really get off the ground.  Or anyone interested in Flacattack could share it on eD2K.

I'll start:
ed2k://|file|flacattack_1.03.zip|113873|663A0C074F9D5FAE540F34A2C0F89D67|/

(Copy and paste, because I don't know how to make a hyperlink for that, on this board, without it automatically adding http:// to the front.  So if someone could tell me, that would be great, and I'll correct it!  And I changed the original filename to make it more search-friendly.)

Everyone share and set the file's upload priority to "Release."  And if posting this is a problem for some reason, please just remove the post.  I just think Flacattack is totally flippin' awesome, and I want it to stay readily available.

Reply #213
Go ahead and spread Flacattack. It is not a problem. I'll look into the bit torrent link. I'm currently working on getting some hosting.

Reply #214
Okay. I've got the site back up. I'm just redirecting the uninformative.com domain to some free geocities space I have. Hey, it works I guess for now.

Reply #215
Would it be ok to post Flacattack in eD2K link forums?  I thought I should ask first.

Reply #216
Would it be ok to post Flacattack in eD2K link forums?  I thought I should ask first.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295923"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's fine, but I'd appreciate it if you mentioned the website as well:

www.uninformative.com

Reply #217
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295923"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's fine, but I'd appreciate it if you mentioned the website as well:

www.uninformative.com
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295971"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Will do.

Reply #219
I've just released Wack.

See http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=297241
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297243"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am having problems with using Flacattack 102 and EAC.  I configured the gui to do flac and lame in one pass. I can get it to compress to FLAC but, it refuses to do lame mp3.  Here is the compression setting in EAC:

Use external program - user defined encoder - .flac
C:\Flacattack\fa102\flacattack\flacattack.exe
Additional command line:"C:\Flacattack\fa102\flacattack\flacattack.ini" %s "%a" "%t" "%g" "%y" "%n" "%m" %o
Bitrate 192
Checked for external return code.

The ini file is like this:

[FLAC_INFO]
EXE=C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe
PATH=D:\MUSIC - EAC-FLACATTACK\%artist - %album
FILENAME=%artist - %album
COMMENT=
FILETYPE=individual
COMPRESSION_LEVEL=5
VERIFY=n
ARTIST_TAG=y
ALBUM_TAG=y
TITLE_TAG=y
DATE_TAG=y
GENRE_TAG=y
TRACKNUMBER_TAG=y
COMMENT_TAG=n
OTHER_OPTIONS=

[MP3_INFO]
USE=y
EXE=C:\LAME\lame3.96final\lame.exe
PATH=D:\Music - EAC-FLACATTACK\%artist - %album
FILENAME=%artist - %album
COMMENT=
COMPRESSION_LEVEL=--alt-preset standard
ARTIST_TAG=y
ALBUM_TAG=y
TITLE_TAG=y
DATE_TAG=y
GENRE_TAG=y
TRACKNUMBER_TAG=y
COMMENT_TAG=n
OTHER_OPTIONS=

I was able to do this a few months ago, but after I wiped my c: drive (to re-install xp), I can no longer get it do flac and lame in one pass.  I spend a few days fiddling around, but can only do them in separate passes.  Please point out what I have missed.

TIA.

Reply #220
If you want to rip to individual files, then you need to choose a FILENAME scheme that makes sense -- %artist - %album does not, because once you rip the second track, the first will be replaced and so on. Also, I recommend not manually messing with the ini file (I'm not sure if you have, I'm just making sure). The gui should be adequate.

Reply #221
If you want to rip to individual files, then you need to choose a FILENAME scheme that makes sense -- %artist - %album does not, because once you rip the second track, the first will be replaced and so on. Also, I recommend not manually messing with the ini file (I'm not sure if you have, I'm just making sure). The gui should be adequate.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353144"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your reply.  In fact, I had used as files name %tracknumber-%artist-%title.  It worked for flac compression, but once it is done, it closes without doing Lame.  Do you see anything else that is wrong?  I am not at home now, but I will try again and see how it goes.  But, it is really strange that it would compress to flac but not Lame.

Also, if I want to do just lame alone, I cannot use user defined encoder.  I have to choose Lame MP3 encoder, .mp3 and --alt-preset standard.  If I use user defined encoder, it just refuses to encode in lame.  Is this normal?

BTW, I just used the gui.

TIA.

Reply #222
Also, if I want to do just lame alone, I cannot use user defined encoder.  I have to choose Lame MP3 encoder, .mp3 and --alt-preset standard.  If I use user defined encoder, it just refuses to encode in lame.  Is this normal?

TIA.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you have a corrupt lame.exe somehow? If you are having problems with just it and EAC then something else is wrong.

Reply #223

TIA.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you have a corrupt lame.exe somehow? If you are having problems with just it and EAC then something else is wrong.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It finally worked.  For some unknown reason, my pc slowed down long enough for me to read the dos screen, and after it encoded flac, the last line says unkown genre "Misc"...then it turned off without doing lame. (most of the time, it just turned off and I would not have a chance to see it).

I tried everything, except I did not touch the command line options.  It turned out that in the gui screen, the 6 boxes  (artist-album-title-date-genre-tracknumber) were checked.  I unchecked the genre box, and it worked.  My cd is a collection of old christmas songs, so genre is not done properly.  I have ripped over 100 cd's a few months back without any problems until now.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and a great program.  BTW, in my frustration, I downloaded "aftermath" and tried to use it, but it does not have a configuration gui.  I tried to make things like what is in the config file, but cannot make it work.  Maybe a little more instructions would help people like me.

Reply #224
Glad to hear you figured out your problem. The genre issue you are encountering is an id3v1 deficiency.

Yeah, I need to create some more documentation for Aftermath. I have spent very little time on it and in fact didn't think anybody was using it.