Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: normalizing mix cds? (Read 3315 times) previous topic - next topic

normalizing mix cds?

I'm burning a mix cd comprised of 18 tracks, some converted from mp3, some from ape.  Whats the best way to achieve a fairly even volume throughout the cd, using nero?  They are all the same band, same type of music, so it shouldn't be too difficult.  Some tracks are noticeably quiter now though.  Last time I used the Normalize > Maximum > 95% option in Nero's filter dialog.  There was also an RMS option.  Whats the best way to go?

normalizing mix cds?

Reply #1
well, if they were all mp3 then you could run them through MP3Gain beforehand to match up the volumes using its Radio Gain.  I'm not sure what you can do with ape files though, perhaps ape->wav and then use wavgain.

normalizing mix cds?

Reply #2
is wavgain somehow better than just normalizing in nero?

normalizing mix cds?

Reply #3
well, mp3gain/wavgain use algorithms to normalize the songs according to how they actually sound to your ears, not simply to a given peak value or a pure RMS value based on the samples.  MP3gain/wavgain take into account how your ears respond to different frequencies.