Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My Assistant does not work on first call (Read 4703 times) previous topic - next topic

My Assistant does not work on first call

Hi!

I noticed that the My Assistant feature does not work when calling for the first time. If you click on the link after viewing a member's profile, a topic, a forum... it displays the correct page. Otherwise, it will display the whole forum in the new window.

I already reported it to IPS, too.

Regards,
Sebastian

Reply #1
There is a patch that fixes this passed on by Matt.

I've made a fix to "ipb_global.js". You can use the fix yourself:

Replace function buddy_pop() with this:

Code: [Select]
function buddy_pop()
{
ipb_var_base_url = ipb_var_base_url.replace( '&', '&' );
window.open( ipb_var_base_url + 'act=buddy','BrowserBuddy','width=250,height=500,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');
}

Reply #2
[offtopic]Haha...You're still from Karlsruhe, I won't forget.  [/offtopic]
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

Reply #3
[offtopic]Haha...You're still from Karlsruhe, I won't forget.  [/offtopic]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261382"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why, you too?

Reply #4
No.
It's good that you've changed it to 'Germany'. The whole rest of the world probably doesn't know this city.

Reply #5
No.
It's good that you've changed it to 'Germany'. The whole rest of the world probably doesn't know this city.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Naah, Karlsruhe, we kinda know this city here in Italy 
There's gotta be some football team coming from there... anyway 

Reply #6
Naah, Karlsruhe, we kinda know this city here in Italy laugh.gif
There's gotta be some football team coming from there... anyway laugh.gif

Do you actually mean soccer ?
It's been years since the KSC was in the German premier league, and long ago since it competed in UEFA cup.
All Germans should know Karlsruhe, because our "supreme court" is there, though.

We should be careful, this thread might be moved to offtopic.

Reply #7
Naah, Karlsruhe, we kinda know this city here in Italy laugh.gif
There's gotta be some football team coming from there... anyway laugh.gif

Do you actually mean soccer ?
It's been years since the KSC was in the German premier league, and long ago since it competed in UEFA cup.
All Germans should know Karlsruhe, because our "supreme court" is there, though.

We should be careful, this thread might be moved to offtopic.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262184"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Taken from Wikipedia because I was too lazy to write this myself  :

Karlsruhe is well known in transport circles around the world for pioneering the concept of operating trams on train tracks (tram-trains), to achieve a more effective and attractive public transport system. This concept makes it possible to reach the towns of Ettlingen, Pforzheim, Bad Wildbad, Bretten, Bruchsal, Heilbronn, Baden-Baden and even Freudenstadt in the Black Forest right from the city centre.

But enough about this...

Reply #8
Karlsruhe is well known in transport circles around the world for pioneering the concept of operating trams on train tracks (tram-trains), to achieve a more effective and attractive public transport system. This concept makes it possible to reach the towns of Ettlingen, Pforzheim, Bad Wildbad, Bretten, Bruchsal, Heilbronn, Baden-Baden and even Freudenstadt in the Black Forest right from the city centre.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=262192"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I've seen them when I've been there. Our trams are bigger than those trains; I live in the area of Stuttgart. Our real trains (S-Bahn) are too big and full by far for this concept.