Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4625760 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #475
I'm having a little problem trying to display the album info on the left of my playlist.

All the tags are fine and no dupes... tried reloading info from files and it still won't show.

Any idea why ?

Columns UI

Reply #476
musicmusic: RC3 is otherwise a great version, but you somehow messed up the menus with multimonitors and negative coordinates, the menus show up on completely wrong positions when clicked. The problem is only with main menus, not the context menus. I'd appreciate a quick fix (a RC3b or something  ).

Columns UI

Reply #477
musicmusic: RC3 is otherwise a great version, but you somehow fucked up the menus with multimonitors and negative coordinates, the menus show up on completely wrong positions when clicked. The problem is only with main menus, not the context menus. I'd appreciate a quick fix (a RC3b or something  ).

I thought I might have. I guess I was wrong to assume that the desktop window covered everything.

tempfix at http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/test/foo_ui_columns.dll

Columns UI

Reply #478
I'm having a little problem trying to display the album info on the left of my playlist.

All the tags are fine and no dupes... tried reloading info from files and it still won't show.

Any idea why ?

Can you explain in more detail ?

Columns UI

Reply #479
musicmusic: RC3 is otherwise a great version, but you somehow f**k3d up the menus with multimonitors and negative coordinates, the menus show up on completely wrong positions when clicked. The problem is only with main menus, not the context menus. I'd appreciate a quick fix (a RC3b or something  ).

Swearing should be against the rules here. I was offended.

Columns UI

Reply #480
ep0ch, I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

Columns UI

Reply #481

Any idea why ?

Can you explain in more detail ?

I'm using UI_Columns and Azreal (both latest version)

On the left of the playlist, starting a track 1 and ending at track 4 there's some space for album info, but for some reason it won't show here.

I attached a pic to show you what I mean...

Columns UI

Reply #482
More likely to be a tag mess-up than anything to do with either of the said downloads. I'm afraid I'm too much of a n00b to know enough to say anything helpful, other than make sure you've got the ID3v2 plug in *shrugs*

Steve

Columns UI

Reply #483
@Drogan: I also had this issue. Redownloading the plugin and reloading the uicolumns settings script solved this problem for me!

Columns UI

Reply #484
@Drogan: I also had this issue. Redownloading the plugin and reloading the uicolumns settings script solved this problem for me!

Thanks alot, that fixed it

Columns UI

Reply #485
musicmusic: RC3 is otherwise a great version, but you somehow messed up the menus with multimonitors and negative coordinates, the menus show up on completely wrong positions when clicked. The problem is only with main menus, not the context menus. I'd appreciate a quick fix (a RC3b or something  ).

Can you redownload the tempfix version and tell me if it is still working correctly ?  I don't have any multiple monitors systems to test on, but it should have the (minor) menu fix in RC2 (which I just disabled for the previous temp version) as well as working with multiple monitors.

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #486
Works great, thank you

Columns UI

Reply #487
I've got a feature request for the columns UI:

The default foobar UI has a slider to choose some alternate system tray icons.  Can this same functionality be added to foo_ui_columns? 

Or, alternatively, can someone explain to me how to extract the icons that seem to be built into fb2k?

Columns UI

Reply #488
Or, alternatively, can someone explain to me how to extract the icons that seem to be built into fb2k?

You could use a tool like Resource Hacker.

Columns UI

Reply #489
I like to drag folders into the left hand playlist sidebar with an explorer window open to simulate what foo_tunes does.  Is there any way for the new playlist that doing this creates to take the name of the folder that I dragged in?  Maybe the album title?  Some kind of formatting string? (instead of New Playlist (n))

Columns UI

Reply #490
rc4 is out. if no problems are reported this will be released as 0.1 final.

I like to drag folders into the left hand playlist sidebar with an explorer window open to simulate what foo_tunes does.  Is there any way for the new playlist that doing this creates to take the name of the folder that I dragged in?  Maybe the album title?  Some kind of formatting string? (instead of New Playlist (n))

Well for dragging single directories, using the directory name would make sense. Well its better than "New playlist" anyway.

Titleformatting is per track, so it wouldn't make much sense to use that..

Something will probably be done about it in a future version.

Columns UI

Reply #491
w00t!!!!!

Columns UI

Reply #492
All appears to be working well - no problems so far

Steve

Columns UI

Reply #493
Thanks for the update!

Columns UI

Reply #494
Sorry to break the news, but a bug report for RC4:
With "Show playlists sidebar" checked, double-clicking on the divider to hide the playlists sidebar adds a new empty playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #495
With "Show playlists sidebar" checked, double-clicking on the divider to hide the playlists sidebar adds a new empty playlist.

No problems here, are you sure you're clicking on the right place? What happens if you disable 'double click to add playlist'?

Columns UI

Reply #496
First, Thank You for columns.

Maybe sub playlists in sidebar ? . I mean eg. some artis - when click on him it will open new sub playlists with his albums.

How U think ?
It's possible to do this ?
Musicmusic ?
-= Music is the soundtrack of Your life =-

Columns UI

Reply #497

No problems here, are you sure you're clicking on the right place? What happens if you disable 'double click to add playlist'?

Alright, just found out that this problem only occurs when "Show playlist tabs" is enabled.

To reproduce:
- Enable "Show playlist tabs"
- Enable "Show playlists sidebar"
- Enable "Enable middle/double clicking to add playlists"
- Double-click on the playlists sidebar divider to hide it

Columns UI

Reply #498
Alright, just found out that this problem only occurs when "Show playlist tabs" is enabled.

To reproduce:
- Enable "Show playlist tabs"
- Enable "Show playlists sidebar"
- Enable "Enable middle/double clicking to add playlists"
- Double-click on the playlists sidebar divider to hide it

Any reason to have both tabs and sidebar enabled?

Columns UI

Reply #499
i just tried columns_ui after having stayed away for quite some time (i tried it when it was first created, but it was reeeeeeally buggy), and i'm glad to see it works really well now  i'm sure bugs will continue to get worked out, and maybe possibly, some time in the future, this could even become a default foobar ui? anyhow, thanks for the development of this. keep up the good work.

one question: foo_scroller no longer works for me now that i use a different ui... is there any chance we could see the option: "Follow cursor always jumps to currently playing track, but does not follow selected tracks"? in other words, i use foo_scroller so i can basically have

playlist follows cursor - No
cursor follows playlist - Yes

this way foobar always jumps to show the playing track, but i can click around during playback without disrupting the playlist order.