Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4626169 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #450
I have a small feature request... could you add an option where the entire column you've sorted by last has a grey background color, just like windows XP?

Maybe. But after 0.1.

Okay, I hear what your saying. Ideally, a hover picture could be included in the .bmp, like so: XP Hover Buttons

There could also be button-down images included too.

Actually, it does seem to be possible from some quick testing. But it wont be implemented now, after 0.1 at least.
If this is not possible, I would recomend a slider bar, so the user can adjust the padding themselves? and then a check box with "hover effects" as shown in your post, and another with 'button down' effects. In fact, the slider bar seems a natural move whether hover images are possible or not.

Steve

I dont have anything against making the padding configurable, its just there are enough options as it is..

It would probably have more relevance only when the onmousedown etc. stuff is implemented anyway.

Columns UI

Reply #451
^ Yeah, sounds like a plan  When is the expected time of arrival for 0.1? I'm waiting on tenterhooks for it

Steve

Columns UI

Reply #452
^ Yeah, sounds like a plan  When is the expected time of arrival for 0.1? I'm waiting on tenterhooks for it

Steve

When the bug reports stop coming in

I think there will be at least an RC3 and possibly an RC4. That could be a fair while really, it depends on how things go..

Or in meaningful terms, at least a couple of weeks.

Columns UI

Reply #453
Funny how long it has taken you to get RCs for 0.1 release

Columns UI

Reply #454
In lieu of all these feature requests I'd just like to say that any added features or functionality at this point is a bonus for me. I can't think of anything I would want in Columns UI that isn't already present. Columnds UI is the perfect UI for the best music player. I'm sure musicmusic and everyone else here will come up with clever additions to the program and I'm looking forward to all the stuff after 0.1, but that will just be the icing on the cake. Thanks musicmusic for your hard work and time you've put in and thanks everyone else for the cool suggestions and bug hunting that have made my favorit plugin better.

Columns UI

Reply #455
Can I post my pet-peeve bug?  The tab order on the dialogs isn't always correct.  Not a biggie.

Otherwise... awesome work.  Really nice.
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

Columns UI

Reply #456
is it possible to add albumlist or explorer or something shows my mp3s to the lett side of foobar?

Columns UI

Reply #457
musicmusic : can u do transparency option for ui_columns !?
sorry for my english >_<

Columns UI

Reply #458
In lieu of all these feature requests I'd just like to say that any added features or functionality at this point is a bonus for me. I can't think of anything I would want in Columns UI that isn't already present. Columnds UI is the perfect UI for the best music player. I'm sure musicmusic and everyone else here will come up with clever additions to the program and I'm looking forward to all the stuff after 0.1, but that will just be the icing on the cake. Thanks musicmusic for your hard work and time you've put in and thanks everyone else for the cool suggestions and bug hunting that have made my favorit plugin better.

I don't know about it being perfect but thanks

Funny how long it has taken you to get RCs for 0.1 release

Probably bad planning on my part.

Can I post my pet-peeve bug?  The tab order on the dialogs isn't always correct.  Not a biggie.

Otherwise... awesome work.  Really nice.

Thanks, I always seem to forget about that

It is fixed for RC3.

is it possible to add albumlist or explorer or something shows my mp3s to the lett side of foobar?

You have asked that question several times...

...and got several responses. Please go back and read them.

musicmusic : can u do transparency option for ui_columns !?

I will look into it after 0.1 and if it isn't any kind of hassle I will probably implement it.

Columns UI

Reply #459
I *might* have a small bug with  RC2. Even if I untick the option to untick status bar and title import on the import settings, the statusbar font gets changed. Anyone else noticing this?
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Columns UI

Reply #460
hmm, would that feature somehow be able to be intergrated into the next version of ui columns? i think foo tunes has this ability already so it might be possible

Columns UI

Reply #461
I *might* have a small bug with  RC2. Even if I untick the option to untick status bar and title import on the import settings, the statusbar font gets changed. Anyone else noticing this?

That was intended behaviour, it was only meant to affect the strings as described. However, you are right; it would probably make sense it leave the status bar font out as well. It is changed for RC3 (which will probably be released tomorrow).

Columns UI

Reply #462
double post  sorry

Columns UI

Reply #464
well the ability of being able to add explorer or something to display all our albums to the left be in future versions of ui columns?

No. No it won't. It will not be considered and will be left out to spite you. Seriously though, please stop asking the same question; once was enough. No offense..

You have asked that question several times...

...and got several responses. Please go back and read them.

hmm, would that feature somehow be able to be intergrated into the next version of ui columns? i think foo tunes has this ability already so it might be possible

well anybody know of a way to add explorer/albumlist or something like that to the side cuz foo_tunes has it

how would i make albumlist appear in its own window?

how would i add albumlist to the side or explorer?

Anyway, concerning the strange delay effect in the headers when horizontally scrolling, I noticed that it also depends on the size & complexity of the playlist and formatting code. Hope that may be of some help.
f to c to f to c

Columns UI

Reply #465

This post wasn't here when I posted before ?   

Yes, this may be implemented in a future version. I will see.

possible bug: system tray string wouldn't get updated for dynamic info (internet streams etc).

Thank you, fixed for RC3.

concerning the strange delay effect in the headers when horizontally scrolling, I noticed that it also depends on the size & complexity of the playlist and formatting code. Hope that may be of some help.

I find it hard to notice myself, maybe its my simple config or the LCD monitor ? 

I don't know, but I think it is fixed in RC3.

changelog:
rc3:
- fixed minor bug when menu button partially off the left off the screen, menu would appear in strange place
- fixed weird delay when scroll playlist horiz using mouse wheel
- fixed column reordering + cancel
- header correctly sized when scrollbar shown/hidden
- fixed some font handles were being unneccessarily created
- fixed some bug in playlist painting; probably sometimes caused more to be painted than neccessary
- fixed you could see playlist scrolling to focused item on startup
- the import/export option includes the status bar font now
- more error checking when importing
- fixed dynamic titles on systray
- other minor fixes

The only bugs I am aware of remaining are:

-ellipsis thing only works on left aligned columns (I gave up on this for now)
-pressing alt whilst menu has the focus does not remove focus from the menu (i forgot about this)
-sometimes after using menu, the button remains pressed (i have not been able to work out how to reproduce this 100%, far from that in fact.)

If you know of anymore, please post here.

Columns UI

Reply #466
oh, since i installed rc3, format strings like asrael and plist don't work properly anymore, it displays lots of "?" instead of tags
any one else has this problem?

Columns UI

Reply #467
no you are not alone
there must be something wrong with RC3, because plisk and azrael config don't work. They load, but don't show most of strings. They are just empty. I tried simple configs, they work. It seems that there's something wrong with global variables...
But it's great to see new version!
stimulating the audio nerve directly

Columns UI

Reply #468
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_columns.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

:'(

Steve

Columns UI

Reply #469
ooops redownload from my site

you probably got me whilst i was uploading paranoia

Columns UI

Reply #470
heheh - yay for me being awkward

Columns UI

Reply #471
Yeh - all is fine now  Cheers for the update

Steve

[EDIT] Think i've found a bug - not sure if this is intended behaviour or not... When altering the "item height" the chars are restricted to one... but it allows values into double figures (i didn't bother trying 100) resulting in displaying 1, but really being 11. (the same also happens with minus numbers, which can lead to some crazy, processor demanding playlists). Either needs to be enlarged or restricted imo  [/EDIT]

Steve

Columns UI

Reply #472
Two minor bugs:

1.  Seekbar tooltip will display in the top left of the screen when you single click the seekbar button if there's no room. Kinda hard to explain...

So a screenshot is provided Here

2.  Create a smallish sized foobar window. Add lots of files, so number of files causes a scrollbar.  Scroll down a bit and select a track to play. Maximise the fooby window. Then restore the fooby window to original size. Ideally the scrollbar should be left where it was before the maximise? Instead the scollbar is at the top.

Like I said minor bugs

Columns UI

Reply #473
@musicmusic
What is the Speed Test button for?
(The one under Globals)
Thanks for putting the Help button in there!!!

--
Neksus

Columns UI

Reply #474
When altering the "item height" the chars are restricted to one... but it allows values into double figures (i didn't bother trying 100) resulting in displaying 1, but really being 11. (the same also happens with minus numbers, which can lead to some crazy, processor demanding playlists). Either needs to be enlarged or restricted imo

Yes, probably both

It is supposed to be restricted from 100 to -100, but that might only be when you use the up/down arrows though. I dont think anyone would set it so large anyway

Thanks, I will change it for whatever the next version is.

Two minor bugs:

1.  Seekbar tooltip will display in the top left of the screen when you single click the seekbar button if there's no room. Kinda hard to explain...

So a screenshot is provided Here

2.  Create a smallish sized foobar window. Add lots of files, so number of files causes a scrollbar.  Scroll down a bit and select a track to play. Maximise the fooby window. Then restore the fooby window to original size. Ideally the scrollbar should be left where it was before the maximise? Instead the scollbar is at the top.

Like I said minor bugs

1. Reproduced, thanks. Clicking multiple times without moving the mouse does it.

2. You mean if you scroll to the bottom of the window, then max + restore, the scroll position is where it was when maximised? Sorry, too much hassle to change and nothing else behaves like that.

@musicmusic
What is the Speed Test button for?
(The one under Globals)
Thanks for putting the Help button in there!!!

--
Neksus

Its not particularly interesting, I was just using it and didnt see any sense in removing it.

It measures the time it takes to execute the current titleformatting script displayed, using the first 10 tracks on the playlist. Maybe you will find it useful to keep your script as fast as possible, or something.