Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4625951 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #400
musicmusic!!! Sorry for wreaking havoc 
After messing more with my source according to foosions tips, the "bug" has been squished, but rather on my side than yours.

I don't know BTW, why my code worked well with the default UI 

Thanks for your patience, and sorry again.

And thanks, foosion, for your help.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Columns UI

Reply #401
i just wanted to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLUGIN!!!

2 questions:

what is newer b8 or RC1 ?
where can i find custom buttons ?

look how pretty it is:

foobar

thank you very much for giving me such a nice foobar

Columns UI

Reply #403
i just wanted to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLUGIN!!!

2 questions:

look how pretty it is:

foobar

thank you very much for giving me such a nice foobar

newer would be RC1 .. but why use that when final is out ?

Columns UI

Reply #405
musicmusic!!! Sorry for wreaking havoc 
After messing more with my source according to foosions tips, the "bug" has been squished, but rather on my side than yours.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry again.

And thanks, foosion, for your help.

You didnt wreak havoc !! I still want to look into what exactly is happening different from the default ui.

There still may or may not be a problem, so no apology needed..

(Oh and I did have old foo_vis_simple_spectrum, 0.1.0  )

Most likely RC1 

I have not seen anyone with a proper set of custom buttons yet. Maybe you should contribute some

newer would be RC1 .. but why use that when final is out ?

?

Columns UI

Reply #406
Hi,

Thank you for this wonderful plug in.

I would like to report a small glitch in RC1: The seekbar doesn’t work with long (>=57min) musepack files: the seekbar is locked.
(Long mp4-files however, aren’t a problem)

This glitch did not happen in beta8.

-tm/
I can stay for hours listening to all the sounds... (Samuel Beckett, Rough for Theatre I)

Columns UI

Reply #407
Small bug: column headers which are center or right-aligned shift to the left when you sort by them (click on the header and get that little triangle); they stay left-aligned even after sorting by a different column afterwards and don't reset until you switch playlists. Thanks.
f to c to f to c

Columns UI

Reply #408
Hi,

Thank you for this wonderful plug in.

I would like to report a small glitch in RC1: The seekbar doesn’t work with long (>=57min) musepack files: the seekbar is locked.
(Long mp4-files however, aren’t a problem)

This glitch did not happen in beta8.

-tm/

Sounds like the bug reported before - can you redownload and try again?
Small bug: column headers which are center or right-aligned shift to the left when you sort by them (click on the header and get that little triangle); they stay left-aligned even after sorting by a different column afterwards and don't reset until you switch playlists. Thanks.

Thanks, will be fixed for RC2.

Columns UI

Reply #409
Would it be possible to simulate the playlist tabs of the Default User Interface more closely? I don't know if they're taller, or what it is, but the default tabs seem much cleaner and clearer than in foo_ui_columns...

Columns UI

Reply #410
Also, maybe I'm just stupid - Would it be possible to add the ASCII-style buttons from the Default User Interface as well?

Columns UI

Reply #411
a bug: if there's '&' character(s) in the name of playlist and playlist mode is tabs, there's no '&' shown and the next letter is underlined. Oh, Windows does that, right? default UI works ok with that. Fix please!
Still waiting for RC2...
stimulating the audio nerve directly

Columns UI

Reply #412
Would it be possible to simulate the playlist tabs of the Default User Interface more closely? I don't know if they're taller, or what it is, but the default tabs seem much cleaner and clearer than in foo_ui_columns...

I have changed it for RC2 so that it looks better without xp theming (or maybe just the particular style I use..)

Any remaining differences after that are from either a different border around the playlist, or the border around the header control.

Also, maybe I'm just stupid - Would it be possible to add the ASCII-style buttons from the Default User Interface as well?

What for ? I cant implement it exactly like the standard ui since I dont have a standard menu to put them in. I could put them on a toolbar though, but not for 0.1.

a bug: if there's '&' character(s) in the name of playlist and playlist mode is tabs, there's no '&' shown and the next letter is underlined. Oh, Windows does that, right? default UI works ok with that. Fix please!
Still waiting for RC2...

Thank you, fixed for RC2.

Columns UI

Reply #413
Stupid question, but is there any reason why this component doesn't work for me at all? I tried installing both the newest ver of FB2K & Foo_ui_columns on 2 different machines and it shows all the options in preferences, but it doesn't actually show the columns in FB (or change the interface whatsoever). I also use foo_looks too, is there a conflict because of that? It seems like foo_looks is the only visual component I can get to work... BTW I'm running WinXP in case that affects things. Thanks.

-ScislaC

Columns UI

Reply #414
Stupid question, but is there any reason why this component doesn't work for me at all? I tried installing both the newest ver of FB2K & Foo_ui_columns on 2 different machines and it shows all the options in preferences, but it doesn't actually show the columns in FB (or change the interface whatsoever). I also use foo_looks too, is there a conflict because of that? It seems like foo_looks is the only visual component I can get to work... BTW I'm running WinXP in case that affects things. Thanks.

-ScislaC

http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/columns_...ml#Installation

Under the "Display" section, select "Columns UI" as the user interface module.

Columns UI

Reply #415
Boy do i feel dumb! Thanks much!

Columns UI

Reply #416
Feature request:

The user should be able to drag songs off the play list (onto the desktop or a folder) to make a copy of the file at the destination. This is possible with the default foobar2000 user interface and it would be nice to see this implemented in foo_ui_columns as well.

Thank you in advance!

Columns UI

Reply #417
Feature request:

The user should be able to drag songs off the play list to make a copy of the file at the destination.

Right-click and drag...  It took me a while to find this too 

Columns UI

Reply #418
How about restoring the tray icon if/when Explorer is restarted?

Code: [Select]
static UINT WM_TASKBARCREATED = uRegisterWindowMessage("TaskbarCreated");

Or, you can initialize that variable when you create your window.

You can find a bit of information at this (old) page, or search Google. :B

Columns UI

Reply #419
I just thought that it would be very nice to have an option on columns that will hide the columns if theres no playback and show when playback starts (or vise-versa) ... that could be very very nice

bouh

Columns UI

Reply #420
Feature request:

The user should be able to drag songs off the play list to make a copy of the file at the destination.

Right-click and drag...  It took me a while to find this too 

Or ctrl+drag..

How about restoring the tray icon if/when Explorer is restarted?

Code: [Select]
static UINT WM_TASKBARCREATED = uRegisterWindowMessage("TaskbarCreated");

Or, you can initialize that variable when you create your window.

You can find a bit of information at this (old) page, or search Google. :B

I was looking for that info the other day, I guess I don't need to bother now. :B

Implemented for RC2, thanks.

I just thought that it would be very nice to have an option on columns that will hide the columns if theres no playback and show when playback starts (or vise-versa) ... that could be very very nice

bouh

What would be on the playlist if there was no columns ? 

Columns UI

Reply #421

bouh

What would be on the playlist if there was no columns ? 

I think he meant to hide a single column, like the enabled option, but depending on the playback status. I can imagine this used for now-playing markers.

Columns UI

Reply #422

I still want to look into what exactly is happening different from the default ui.

I looked into it and basically you were getting called with on_flush() after the main window was destroyed, because uDefWindowProc was destroying it in response to the WM_CLOSE message. Obviously, your window is destroyed then and so the saving of the window position failed..

..whether it is a problem or not, I have changed it for RC2, at least for consistency.

Columns UI

Reply #423

I still want to look into what exactly is happening different from the default ui.

I looked into it and basically you were getting called with on_flush() after the main window was destroyed, because uDefWindowProc was destroying it in response to the WM_CLOSE message. Obviously, your window is destroyed then and so the saving of the window position failed..

..whether it is a problem or not, I have changed it for RC2, at least for consistency.

It's not necessarily a problem, as the missing parts in my code that foosion pointed me to solved this problem. But fixing this part can't hurt, maybe there are some other plugins floating around whose author was not aware of this stuff.
Thanks! Awaiting RC2
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Columns UI

Reply #424
On 0.1 RC1 "Minimize to systray" check box doesn't work (has no effect, foobar still minimizes to taskbar). "Show systray icon" works properly.