Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4626107 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #375
well according to ndrake, albumlist has its own window
maybe you could clarify that?

Columns UI

Reply #376
upnorth

where can i find the hybrid, dynamic code?

Columns UI

Reply #377
Neksus, can you add 'VA' as second various artist indicator to your azrael theme? (V.A. is already there, but i dont use that)
and if it is in various artist mode, is it supposed to show the album name?
Because it showed me only artist and title so far

My formatting string is made to work best when people have tags!
It does not guess anything and it never will so if there's no album tag it does not display a directory name or something else!
Use various tag as Various Artist Identifier!
Just mark the album in question in foobar2000 and add the tag various and set the value to anything!

--
Neksus

hello neksus

i have a request for you:

1. can you make in azrael sepparate columns for artis and albums ?
2. can you not change colors if i have or not track;s numbers ?

thank's

Columns UI

Reply #378
It does not guess anything and it never will so if there's no album tag it does not display a directory name or something else!
Just mark the album in question in foobar2000 and add the tag various and set the value to anything!

--
Neksus

thats ok for me
my only problem left is that your theme does not work correctly when my track fields are like this: 01/10, 02/10, ... instead of just 01, 02, ...
is it possible that 01/10,... tracks will also work?

Columns UI

Reply #379

--
Neksus

thats ok for me
my only problem left is that your theme does not work correctly when my track fields are like this: 01/10, 02/10, ... instead of just 01, 02, ...
is it possible that 01/10,... tracks will also work?

Umm I will try to see if I can get 01/10 tracknumbers working!

[edit] Fixed in latest version! All kind of tracknumber styles are supported now!
These are: 1/1, 10/12, 1 of 1, 12 of 12 and so on! I tried with the different styles the FreeDB search has as options and they all work!
[/edit]

--
Neksus

Columns UI

Reply #380

thank's

1) Azrael 1.x was like this
see here Old Versions
2) ?? What do you mean?

--
Neksus

Columns UI

Reply #381

thank's

see here Old Versions
2) ?? What do you mean?

--
Neksus

i mean, that, if music has a track number, the colors of that track is changing.... so, i want, if you can to modify the azrael in order not to change colors...

Columns UI

Reply #382

thank's

see here Old Versions
2) ?? What do you mean?

--
Neksus

i mean, that, if music has a track number, the colors of that track is changing.... so, i want, if you can to modify the azrael in order not to change colors...

You want it to display as a single list?
Add -s- anywhere before or after the playlist name!

--
Neksus

Columns UI

Reply #383
rc1 is nice work!
musicmusic,
once again I'm asking you to make toolbars remember their positions after re-enabling them
and also make seekbar if dragged too far from it to return back (not only ESC key). emm, I hope you understand what I'm saying. It is done in this way in default UI
thanx for the great ui!
stimulating the audio nerve directly

Columns UI

Reply #384
question:

is there any possiblity to control content of tooltips in foo_ui ?

for example:
in my playlist i have short info about files (no., title,artist,album)
and i wish that tooltip show me rest of information: bitrate,time, and stuff.

to be clear, im talking about playlist tooltip, not tray tooltip
Any possibility to do this ?

Columns UI

Reply #385
that tooltip thing is a very good idea ... in fact it should be in the core of foobar just like other formattings ... but if we have it only in columns for now, goood

it should allow multiple lines, and colors ... with selectable background and border color (not fixed colors)

Columns UI

Reply #386
i tried to find information about it in the thread, but couldn't find any info on that in the changelogs, so:

was the problem that colour-codes dont work in global strings fixed? (i mean, fixed without using the old(slow) method of parsing global strings). That is the only single thing which keeps me back from switching to ui_columns.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Columns UI

Reply #387

In the menu, go to Components and click Album List. A window pops up. Is this what you want integrated into the sidebar? It's an interesting idea.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Columns UI

Reply #388

Components/Albumlist ? 

rc1 is nice work!
musicmusic,
once again I'm asking you to make toolbars remember their positions after re-enabling them
and also make seekbar if dragged too far from it to return back (not only ESC key). emm, I hope you understand what I'm saying. It is done in this way in default UI
thanx for the great ui!

1. Yes Ok.
2. Maybe, Im not sure.

question:

is there any possiblity to control content of tooltips in foo_ui ?

Not right now. Maybe in a future version.. (post-0.1).

i tried to find information about it in the thread, but couldn't find any info on that in the changelogs, so:

was the problem that colour-codes dont work in global strings fixed? (i mean, fixed without using the old(slow) method of parsing global strings). That is the only single thing which keeps me back from switching to ui_columns.

- Lyx

No. It is beyond my control.

All I could do is remove any char 3s myself, you would still have to reinsert them in your other strings.

Columns UI

Reply #389
well anybody know of a way to add explorer/albumlist or something like that to the side cuz foo_tunes has it, the string for bitrate, and track #, how to add # of the song in the playlist with the artist in the same column, and how to change the color of foobar, like in azrel

Columns UI

Reply #390
I noticed a bug with the columns-UI plugin.

It caused other plugins data not to be saved. Examples : I used DS2 output, and tend to change it from one sound card to the other, as this is easier than pluging the headphone in and out -> I left it on one sound card, and on next foobar start it was on the other again.
Another example is visualisation plugins: I tried with both "simple spectrum" and "simple stereo" vis, and they both could not save window positions.
There was also a problem with saving the playlist tabs (some appended trackks disappeared, and had to be appended again)
Even ColumnsUI config was not saved (noticed on "put dropped files at the end" setting).

Noticing this, I changed the UI back to default, where everything worked OK. Then, I changed back to ColumnsUI, and the above mentioned errors were gone for one start and then back again.

I'm using F2k 0.8.1, ColumnsUI RC1 with Azrael formatting string, WinXP SP1.

I'm stuck with the default UI until this is fixed
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Columns UI

Reply #391
Hrm..

Sounds like it is crashing or terminating prematurely or something for some reason

Can you reproduce it with beta 8? It is available on spase's site.
And also can you reproduce it on a clean install?

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #392
I will try both and report back.

edit: http://columns.outerspase.net is time-outing on me right now

edit again: clean install (foo_null and foo_vis_stereo as extra components to test) gives the same results. Still waiting for spase's site to come back.
Life is Real...

Columns UI

Reply #394
OK, update:

Beta8 and RC1 give the same results even on a clean install, but only the window position and size of foo_vis_stereo and foo_vis_simple_spectrum are not saved, everything else I checked (like foo_osd) is.
I the mentioned vis components are not compiled against a recent SDK, I'll check if that helps.
Strange, though, works fine with the default UI.

Ideas? I can send you the source of vis_stereo if you wish to give it a look.

[edit] Recompiling foo_vis_stereo did not help. Though I can't say I knew what I was doing, I only did vis_stereo for fun, hacking foosion's simple_spectrum [/edit]
Life is Real...

Columns UI

Reply #395
Ok. So the only problem is the window positions?

I could only get simple spectrum to save its window position if you close foobar whilst the simple spectrum window is not shown. This was no different with the default ui and columns ui.

Are you seeing something different ?

Columns UI

Reply #396
Well, with simple spectrum, I see the same as you. (On the clean install, don't know what was wrong with the "un-clean" install so it did not save anything, but that's another story)

But, foo_vis_stereo has a different behaviour on the default and the columns UI. Window status is saved with "default", and not saved with "columns". You can check at: http://kalmark.fw.hu/foo_vis_stereo.dll
Life is Real...

Columns UI

Reply #397
Ahh, reproduced. It needs to be closed from the x buttons etc. to reproduce (not foobar2000/restart like i was doing..)

But hrrm :/

I will look into it later, your source would probably help.

Columns UI

Reply #398
You can get it from http://kalmark.fw.hu/vis_stereo_source.zip

It is possible that my code is the one which is buggy! But it's way beyond my abilities to check this, sorry. It was quite hard even to recompile for 0.8.1.
Life is Real...

Columns UI

Reply #399
It is possible that my code is the one which is buggy! But it's way beyond my abilities to check this, sorry.

You should destroy the vis window in the on_quit handler, if it is shown, so that read_window_placement() is called in the WM_DESTROY message handler. You should also call on_quit from on_system_shutdown, if you're not already doing this.

As for foo_vis_simple_spectrum, you should check that you have version 0.1.3. (If you don't have it, you can get it here.) This version of simple spectrum should remember the window position when you close fb2k, but not when you shut down Windows while fb2k is running (and simple spectrum is active).