Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4624616 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2775
I am suggesting it to the guys I quoted. Toolbar > Customise.... > [Main menu item] View/Show sidebar.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375714"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, this is a good suggestion for the sidebar!

I have a very similar problem : it is also possible to have a splitter (in layout) which is set to "autohide" and I don't found any way to configure the delay or to create a show / view button.

Any ideas ?

Columns UI

Reply #2776
Would it be possible to be able to assign menu items/keyboard shortcuts to show/hide each splitter? This would allow you to do away with the sidebar altogether, as well as make the entire thing much more flexible..

Columns UI

Reply #2777
Can the album list panel be made to remember the last position it's at, even after foobar is restarted ? That'd be cool.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375750"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It would be quite difficult to implement this I'd imagine.

I think I saw this mentioned earlier, could the album list panel remember it's stance (which tree items were expanded/collapsed) between foobar sessions (restarts of the progam)?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376070"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
As above.

Is already there a way to change the transport buttons?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376364"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, you've lost me there

I second this idea, perhaps you could set a hot key to toggle between the two layouts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375485"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I may add layout presets to next version  If I did then it would be changable from menu. It would be good for a default playlist tabs preset too.

I don't found any way to configure the delay
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376388"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It uses the sidebar settings for now, but that will change soon

Would it be possible to be able to assign menu items/keyboard shortcuts to show/hide each splitter? This would allow you to do away with the sidebar altogether, as well as make the entire thing much more flexible..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376397"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think it may be inevitable. But maybe difficult to implement, I'll have to see..

Columns UI

Reply #2778
The main issue with this right now for me is the fact that whenever you change something in the layout, you have to resize everything.
And the fact that you have to right click > move up/down several times in a row some times, and that you can't drag something and move it into another splitter. This would be great but I admit maybe not worth the time coding it.. I'll let you judge that.

And again as I already asked in PM, global tab-support or at least AlbumList with tabs would be absolutely awesome.. Having tabs acting like splitters in the Layout dialog being the better solution I think.

Well thanks anyway, it's great as it is already.

Columns UI

Reply #2779
hmm, another thing - adding changes to the layout takes a really, really long time right now. Are there any planned speed improvements in this regard?

Someone in another thread also suggested switching to a Office 2003-style layout, which would be interesting. With every change taking about 15 seconds just to appear, something a little more instantaneous would be nice.

Columns UI

Reply #2780
The main issue with this right now for me is the fact that whenever you change something in the layout, you have to resize everything.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376450"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To add to this, is there a way to lock a panel in width and height or perhaps set a maximum and minimum for both so that maximizing foobar won't change the panels to undesired sizes?

I like the playlist to take up as much space, but for other panels, I'd like them to stay within a certain size and not expand so much.

Columns UI

Reply #2781
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376450"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To add to this, is there a way to lock a panel in width and height or perhaps set a maximum and minimum for both so that maximizing foobar won't change the panels to undesired sizes?

I like the playlist to take up as much space, but for other panels, I'd like them to stay within a certain size and not expand so much.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376530"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can lock any panel you want from resizing by checking "locked" in the layout preferences.

Columns UI

Reply #2782
I'll try to port my 0.83 to 0.9 soon, I am totally stuck with the Layout page. I do not really understand the concept behind the splitters, "base" and whatever there is. I wasn't able to have trackinfo panel on top of all, as I have it in 0.83.

I clicked and clicked, did a "change base", and all the rest disappeared...

May someone point me to information about the new layout scheme?

Columns UI

Reply #2783
.To musicmusic.

My suggestion is import and export layout from/to any file, as I can import/export now columns and titles from/to fcs file.

FCS  -columns view,
FCB - buttons view and also
FCL - layout view.

Story layout in foobar.cfg is not good idea.

Columns UI

Reply #2784
Squeller: Change the base to an splitter to arrange multiple panels. Use horizontal splitters to arrange panels horizontal (who would have thought) and vertical splitter to arrange them vertically. An example:
You want to put the track info panel on top of the playlist. It would look like this:
Code: [Select]
Vertically Splitter
  Track Info Panel
  Columns Playlist

If you, for example, want to put the playlist switcher next to the playlist you need an horizontal splitter:
Vertically Splitter
  Track Info Panel
  Horizontal Splitter
     Playlist Switcher
     Columns Playlist

Hope you understand it now

Columns UI

Reply #2785
Could someone explain what the meta field to edit text box is for in the columnsiu->playlist view->columns ?

Columns UI

Reply #2786
Could someone explain what the meta field to edit text box is for in the columnsiu->playlist view->columns ?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From the [a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:config:columns]Columns UI Wiki[/url], "Specifies the metafield to edit in inline metafield edit operations in this column. An empty value disables inline metafield editing on this column. See here for more information about inline metafield editing."

Columns UI

Reply #2787
When I enable the "locked" function for "Columns Playlist" tab from Preferences --> Display --> Columns UI --> Layout --> "Columns Playlist", foobar2000 looks like this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376171"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that's normal. Locking an item means something like: "keep this item's size/location no matter what size the window is". What were you trying to achieve?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376337"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess I assumed that when I "lock" columns playlist in layout settings, it cannot be modified without "unlocking" it. Instead the columns playlist was covered with that green thing you can see in the image I posted.

Columns UI

Reply #2788
Not sure about "all tracks" couse i have alot. No any visualization was used.  Will try to send soon.

With that plugin foobar consume about 60% of CPU!!!!! Without only 1-2%. Tracks were same!

Switched for default GUI
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374838"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Did you do something silly like make a huge visualistion? Does it happen with all tracks? Upload your foobar2000.cfg (located in %appdata%\foobar2000 or your foobar2000 directory if you disabled per-user settings) to upload forum and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

I get an error when trying to save button customization to a file:

"Error writing FCB file" - "Object not found"

0.1.3 pre-alpha 17v6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374860"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I would say it can't find one of the button images. If you have used relative paths, use full paths, because the file save dialog will (currently) change the current directory, and so those relative paths will no longer resolve.

I will see if I can add better error messages in next version too.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375167"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Columns UI

Reply #2789
Newbee question, is it possible to change the top left icon (main window bar) in foobar 0.83?

/Dohemm

Columns UI

Reply #2790
(The layout page)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376634"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you! One more question: The latest columns ui doesn't have the option "list all toolbars". Is there a way I can put the track info panel on top of menu and toolbar?

Columns UI

Reply #2791
(The layout page)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376634"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you! One more question: The latest columns ui doesn't have the option "list all toolbars". Is there a way I can put the track info panel on top of menu and toolbar?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377113"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Insert the panel into either a vertical or horizontal splitter.

I.E. Right click the splitter, insert panel -> panels -> track info

Columns UI

Reply #2792
Newbee question, is it possible to change the top left icon (main window bar) in foobar 0.83?

/Dohemm
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377111"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You cannot do it within Foobar itself. You need to use a resource hacker.

Columns UI

Reply #2793
I have a minor problem with the newest Columns UI (0.1.3 pre-alpha 17v6).

When I try change the font of column title, the change doesn't apply.
I have gone through the preferences dialog, but can't find anything
that would cause this behaviour. I have also tried to restart foobar.
Can anyone confirm this?

Columns UI

Reply #2794
Is there a way I can put the track info panel on top of menu and toolbar?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377113"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not if the menu is still a toolbar, if you have the menu inside of your layout config it is possible:
Vertical Splitter
  Track Info panel
  Horizontal Splitter
     Menu
     Buttons
     Seekbar

Columns UI

Reply #2795
Hi,

I'm having trouble refreshing directory trees in the album list panel. it just doesn't work. Is this a bug or am I the only person with this issue? Please help, this is the only thing to be improved that I can think of. Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #2796
(Dohemm @ Mar 30 2006, 11:26 AM)

/Dohemm

You cannot do it within Foobar itself. You need to use a resource hacker.

It worked, thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #2797
Feature Requests:
* Columns in the Playlists list.  I think it would look better when not only viewing the name of the playlist. I for one display name, number of items and playlist time.
* Sorting playlists. By name, number of items or time.
* More toolbar properties. Ability to set alignment, width and height of toolbars. Both percent and pixel would be nice for sizing. Dynamic sizing is sometimes a pain atm.

Keep up the good work.

Columns UI

Reply #2798
Feature Requests:
* More toolbar properties. Ability to set alignment, width and height of toolbars. Both percent and pixel would be nice for sizing. Dynamic sizing is sometimes a pain atm.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377191"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ability to add a spacer as a toolbar object would do just that (well not for the height but it would still be great) and should be easy to implement. And it would allow people to make their "intersections" between panels wider (I know someone requested that) by adding a spacer between every panel and then resizing it..

Columns UI

Reply #2799
Feature Requests:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377191"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ability to add a spacer as a toolbar object would do just that (well not for the height but it would still be great) and should be easy to implement. And it would allow people to make their "intersections" between panels wider (I know someone requested that) by adding a spacer between every panel and then resizing it..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377215"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

an odd request perhaps, but would it be possible to get columns_ui to use the width/resize info in such a way that it optimally used the space available in every playlist for displaying the info in the columns? (ie in the 'performer' field i sometimes have a conductor/orch/soloist and sometimes only a soloist, but the columns can't be resized in such a way that it then decides it has more space for for instance the 'title' track, which might require it (long names do happen after all)..

Basically this would require a data width recognizing ability for the column as well as the possibility to sort of save the width info per column per playlist..
hope this came out in an understandable way