Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4723982 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #1075
When I try to build ui_extension I get the following errors:
Code: [Select]
ui_extension.cpp
c:\code\foobar2000\foobar2000\ui_extension\ui_extension.h(233) : error C2065: 'GetAncestor' : undeclared identifier
c:\code\foobar2000\foobar2000\ui_extension\ui_extension.h(233) : error C2065: 'GA_PARENT' : undeclared identifier
c:\code\foobar2000\foobar2000\ui_extension\ui_extension.h(233) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'struct HWND__ *'
       Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
c:\code\foobar2000\foobar2000\ui_extension\ui_extension.h(238) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'struct HWND__ *'
       Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Error executing cl.exe.

ui_extension.lib - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

both of those errors are related GetAnscestor.
the files included in the project are ui_exension.h and ui_extension.cpp
I took the include windows.h back out, since im pretty sure its included when you include foobar2000.h

I hope im not doing something stupid, ui_extension should just compile all by it self (with the header), right?

Columns UI

Reply #1076
Well, if the UI Extension project is located in the proper place relative to the Foobar2000 SDK, it should already be pulling in ../SDK/foobar2000.h, which pulls in PFC, which eventually pulls in the Windows headers.

By any chance, are you declaring WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN anywhere?

Columns UI

Reply #1077
well as you can tell by lack of include error about foobar2000.h that its in the right dir, and no, im not declaring WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

by looking at WINUSER.h I can see GetAncestor, it isnt inside of any #ifdefs so It really should work, calls to functions also declared in WINUSER work too.

Columns UI

Reply #1078
I'm gonna guess that musicmusic doesnt use vc6 or has newer platform sdk, cause with def 6.0 at least the 6.0 i have declares WINVER as 0x4 and GetAncestor doesnt work with 4, only 5 and up
put
#define WINVER 0x0500
before foobar2000.h include and it compiles

Columns UI

Reply #1079
Whoops.

Columns UI

Reply #1080
I'm gonna guess that musicmusic doesnt use vc6 or has newer platform sdk, cause with def 6.0 at least the 6.0 i have declares WINVER as 0x4 and GetAncestor doesnt work with 4, only 5 and up
put
#define WINVER 0x0500
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247487"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This shouldwork for me too, thanks for the info

Columns UI

Reply #1081
I have a few suggestions for future versions of this great plugin.

Auto-Sizing Columns
Remove the auto-sizing columns mode from its current position in the Display II tab. Allow it to be applied to as a feature to each column. This way the user can specify what columns he/she would like auto-sized. I think this would be better because certain columns such as 'track' or 'time' do not need to be auto-sized; They're quite small as they are, and the auto-size feature only enlarges them detracting from other columns.

Database Explorer
Decrease the size of the indents when expanded. Also, implement the use ellipses for tag info that exceeds the length of the database explorer window. This would eliminate the horizontal scroll bar for people like me who despise it

Columns UI

Reply #1082
Auto-Sizing Columns
Remove the auto-sizing columns mode from its current position in the Display II tab. Allow it to be applied to as a feature to each column. This way the user can specify what columns he/she would like auto-sized. I think this would be better because certain columns such as 'track' or 'time' do not need to be auto-sized; They're quite small as they are, and the auto-size feature only enlarges them detracting from other columns.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247530"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just set the resize value to zero in the columns you don't want auto-sized.

Columns UI

Reply #1083
Cool, thanks
As janjan already said, you're making the best UI for the best audio player! I really feel sorry for all those Winampers (and Soniquers, iTunes'rs etc) who don't have the acces to a GUI this nice! Keep up the great work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247397"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, thanks

put
#define WINVER 0x0500
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247487"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, I do use msvc6, but the updated platform sdk was defining WINVER as 0x0501.

I don't think I have any reason to use GetAncestor, but meh I have fixed this now if you redownload, so if you care about win 95 compatibility, redownload the ui_extension project  instead of defining WINVER as >=0x500.

I have a few suggestions for future versions of this great plugin.

Database Explorer
Decrease the size of the indents when expanded. Also, implement the use ellipses for tag info that exceeds the length of the database explorer window. This would eliminate the horizontal scroll bar for people like me who despise it
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247530"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont think those things are possible with the treeview control. I can change the overall (?) indentation, and remove the horizontal scrollbar, though.

Columns UI

Reply #1084
Could you please ask a moderator to give you access to the first Post in this thread in some way? It would be a lot easier for all if you put all the news and files there instead of putting them at the end where they get lost as the discussion continues 

Columns UI

Reply #1085
Thank you soooo much for this. This is the best UI I've seen!

Columns UI

Reply #1086
I don't think I have any reason to use GetAncestor, but meh I have fixed this now if you redownload, so if you care about win 95 compatibility, redownload the ui_extension project  instead of defining WINVER as >=0x500.

Wait, what did you change? It looks the same to me. How is it windows 95 compatable? is GetAncestor in user32.dll in windows 95? I thought not, unless theres an update for them.  The new ui_extension still has those compile errors with out the define.

Columns UI

Reply #1087
Could you please ask a moderator to give you access to the first Post in this thread in some way? It would be a lot easier for all if you put all the news and files there instead of putting them at the end where they get lost as the discussion continues 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Probably a good idea. At any moderator, would this be possible at all?

Failing that, we could start a new thread instead..

Wait, what did you change? It looks the same to me.
I changed it to use GetParent if WINVER < 0x500. Maybe your browser is caching the old archive, or you downloaded the wrong file. Try clearing your browser cache and [a href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/temp/alpha%204/development/ui_extension.zip]downloading again[/url]. (Direct link does not work)

Otherwise, it must still be broke or something.
is GetAncestor in user32.dll in windows 95?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247637"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not as far as I know..

Columns UI

Reply #1088
Thanks anza. Great job by the way musicmusic.

Columns UI

Reply #1089
Could you please ask a moderator to give you access to the first Post in this thread in some way? It would be a lot easier for all if you put all the news and files there instead of putting them at the end where they get lost as the discussion continues  [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247569"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Failing that, we could start a new thread instead..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247642"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I know, the right to edit another user's posts can only be given to moderators (by an admin) and only on a per-forum basis.

Columns UI

Reply #1090
Could you please ask a moderator to give you access to the first Post in this thread in some way? It would be a lot easier for all if you put all the news and files there instead of putting them at the end where they get lost as the discussion continues  [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247569"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Failing that, we could start a new thread instead..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247642"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I know, the right to edit another user's posts can only be given to moderators (by an admin) and only on a per-forum basis.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247705"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont know if it would be possible, but I was thinking more like take some random old post of mine and merging it into this thread?

Columns UI

Reply #1091
I'd just start a new thread with a link to this one at the top, and an explination of foo_ui_columns.  Then this thread could be locked.

Columns UI

Reply #1092
Or just die...

I would prefer a new topic as well, this one has become a little long to search and it's information fragmented.

Columns UI

Reply #1093
Recycled an old post to serve as the starting post for this thread. Now you can decide what to do with it.

Columns UI

Reply #1094
I just switched from foo_tunes to this. After some configuration business I like this plugin much better.

I have some feature requests :

Filter String / Search Box
A text field at the top of DataBase Explorer and/or Album list which filters out content that doesn't match the search string as you type it. No search/enter button. I don't know how complicated this implimentation would be but it would really help with the larger music collections.
Maybe a checkbox below it too search the songs in album list as well would be cool. Anyone like this idea?

Information Box
Another panel which displays cover art along with detailed stats on the playing file. It's really a sperate plugin but would be nice embedded in this great columns UI.

I don't know if these requests have been mentioned or discussed so forgive me if they have. Looking through 45 pages of thread would take all day.

One quick question. What would I do to sort my album list in this fashion:

The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Deftones - Adrenaline [1995]
Deftones - Deftones [2003]

In other words...when there is only one album for a particular artist it displays Artist - Album but for artists with more then one album it displays the albums in chronological order with the [YEAR] appendix. Thanks!

Great great plugin btw ... love at first sight.

Columns UI

Reply #1095
@jokull: I like boh of your ideas ("Filter String / Search Box" and "Information Box"). In fact I started working on the latter myself, but after "wasting" days trying to figure out how to use different libraries and such, I lost motivation, for now.

@musicmusic: Something I've been thinking about from time to time: In the Columns list box in the Columns tab in preferences, would it be possible to show names of enabled columns in a different color, or bold, and use a double click on the name to toggle enabled/disabled? IMHO, that would be really convenient, as I have about thirty coloumns. Most of them are special purpose ones I use from time to time, but toggling them on/off involves alot of clicking and mouse movement.

Anyway, I love this UI and the panel concept. Thanks to you and kode54 "the crowd" has even got their volume slider, at last. Keep up the good work! 

Columns UI

Reply #1096
When i rightklick on a panel -> lock panel, i can still resize it, or how is the locking meant?
i also added the visualisation as panel and id like to change its colours, but when i do rightclick-Choose back/front colour, nothing happens. Strangely, it also doesnt work in the toolbar visualtion. i wonder how i changed these colours in the first place.

Columns UI

Reply #1097
When i rightklick on a panel -> lock panel, i can still resize it, or how is the locking meant?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248141"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

lock size

i also added the visualisation as panel and id like to change its colours, but when i do rightclick-Choose back/front colour, nothing happens. Strangely, it also doesnt work in the toolbar visualtion.

Same problem here
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #1098
I'd just start a new thread with a link to this one at the top, and an explination of foo_ui_columns.  Then this thread could be locked.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247777"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Or just die...

I would prefer a new topic as well, this one has become a little long to search and it's information fragmented.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247787"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't think starting a new thread would really accomplish anything.

Recycled an old post to serve as the starting post for this thread. Now you can decide what to do with it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247801"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks

I just switched from foo_tunes to this. After some configuration business I like this plugin much better.

I have some feature requests :

Filter String / Search Box
[...]
Information Box
[...]
Great great plugin btw ... love at first sight.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247895"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Those may be useful suggestions, but I would rather concentrate development on foo_ui_columns itself, and leave those panels to whomever wishes to develop them.

@musicmusic: Something I've been thinking about from time to time: In the Columns list box in the Columns tab in preferences, would it be possible to show names of enabled columns in a different color, or bold, and use a double click on the name to toggle enabled/disabled? IMHO, that would be really convenient, as I have about thirty coloumns. Most of them are special purpose ones I use from time to time, but toggling them on/off involves alot of clicking and mouse movement.
Do you not use the columns header? Otherwise it is easier to enable/disable them from its contextmenu.

I'll consider italicising or using a strikethrough effect on disabled columns, and the double click toggle, but its some effort just for prefs, so it can wait for now.
Anyway, I love this UI and the panel concept. Thanks to you and kode54 "the crowd" has even got their volume slider, at last. Keep up the good work! 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248136"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When i rightklick on a panel -> lock panel, i can still resize it, or how is the locking meant?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248141"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
For autosizing only, i.e. when the main window is resized vertically. It used to lock it when resizing manually, but then i decided there was no point to that and it would be simpler if it didn't.

i also added the visualisation as panel and id like to change its colours, but when i do rightclick-Choose back/front colour, nothing happens. Strangely, it also doesnt work in the toolbar visualtion. i wonder how i changed these colours in the first place.
Thanks, it broke in alpha 4. Fixed for next version, which should be released soon.

Columns UI

Reply #1099
thanks musicmusic,!
another question: can i change the font for the tooltips and where?