Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where do I find Plextools? (Read 3027 times) previous topic - next topic

Where do I find Plextools?

I've got 4 Plextors, back to the legendary 40X SCSI CD-ROM (still the best partner for EAC).

But EAC just seems to get worse and worse with each new Plex.  It is just a mess with my 708 drive, bogs down on absolutely pristine cd's, finds sync errors contantly, etc.

So I decided to try Plextools.  I downloaded and tried installing the update.  Well, unfortunately it does a search for the orginal version, and won't install unless it's there.

Anyone know where to get an installable version?  Seems kinda stupid that Plex would restrict it this way.  They should just restrict it to working with only Plextor drives... that makes it inherently copy-protected.

+Reardon

Reply #2
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/PTP_history.htm should do it, I think.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245818"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Um, no.  Those are the upgrade versions I am talking about.  You can't install any of them without the original.

+Reardon

Reply #3
Seems kinda stupid that Plex would restrict it this way.  They should just restrict it to working with only Plextor drives... that makes it inherently copy-protected.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245813"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

PlexTools Pro does only work with Plextor drives.  Plextor just thinks this is a perfect world where people don't lose CDs and must reboot their computers twice just to install a piece of software. 

Reply #4
PlexTools Pro does only work with Plextor drives

I don't think all versions allow this but Plextools 2.09 allows reporting of errors with any drive which supports C2.

Reply #5
You should contact them about getting a new copy if you originally had one.

We don't want discussion here about how to "crack" software.
It might be legal for you but it is not for everybody.