Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: --scale method (Read 3940 times) previous topic - next topic

--scale method

scanning an album with wavgain to obtain the --scale number then encoding mp3 with lame and the scale value work pretty well, can i do the same with oggdrop encoder ?

Soren

--scale method

Reply #1
scanning an album with wavgain to obtain the --scale number then encoding mp3 with lame and the scale value work pretty well, can i do the same with oggdrop encoder ?

Soren
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245368"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes.

--scale method

Reply #2
If wavgain give me a scale value of 0.4345, can i assume the right value in oggdrop is apply a scale factor of 43.45 ?

Thanks again, Soren

--scale method

Reply #3
I know what problem of MP3 you refer to, which causes the bit-bloat, but I think that Ogg Vorbis does not have this shortcoming.

Just give it a try.

Triza

--scale method

Reply #4
It's still useful eg. on a portable, if you want to use Replaygain with a decoder, which doesn't support the Replaygain metadata.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

--scale method

Reply #5
If wavgain give me a scale value of 0.4345, can i assume the right value in oggdrop is apply a scale factor of 43.45 ?

Thanks again, Soren
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245448"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, again.

--scale method

Reply #6
It's still useful eg. on a portable, if you want to use Replaygain with a decoder, which doesn't support the Replaygain metadata.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245466"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, that is exactly the reason I use it for.  Use oggdropXPd, it does this perfectly.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!