Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC and Creative Cdrw 8435E (Read 2756 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC and Creative Cdrw 8435E

Hi,
using EAC (secure mode) to extract audio tracks from audio cd's i'm encountering always the same problem: all waves i get present a silent part (0.3 - 0.4 sec or less) close to the end of the track (except the last one), but only few of them are reported as sync error by EAC.
After the extraction i have always to solve this, editing the waves (the eac tool is good for me).
Actually i've got an old pc with a Creative cdrw 8435E reflashed to a Samsung CD7RW SW-208B which i use as cdr-driver too (i have not a cdr driver, cause i'm planning to get a new pc soon).
The problem showed the same before and after the reflashing.
I think this should be an hardware problem, but is there anything i should do with EAC settings to try to eliminate this thing?
Thanx in advance

--
Robyfly
-- Robyfly
There is no place like cloud-base!

Reply #1
why shouldn't there be this silence?
there is on most matetial.
I don't think is is a hardware problem at all.
there's an option in EAC to remove silence though.

Reply #2
Originally posted by Jan S.
why shouldn't there be this silence?
there is on most matetial.
I don't think is is a hardware problem at all.
there's an option in EAC to remove silence though.

Thank you for the reply.
I meant that this little silence in not the one between the tracks: if you listen the end of the track, especially the ones fading out, you can hear: sound fading out, little silence (or sync error), end of fading, silence between tracks.
So, i'll try to set EAC to remove silence.

Thanx again

--
Robyfly
-- Robyfly
There is no place like cloud-base!