Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback (Read 61337 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback

Reply #125
Is 1.3.1 beta 1 most probably going to be the final stable? Just asking because it's almost a month and it's going to expire.

Reply #126
Thanks for the release Peter.

Reply #127
1.3.1 beta 1:

- "Format from other fields..." doesn't work (doesn't rename). The test was done right clicking from Properties\Metadata\Track Title. 1.3 stable works perfectly.

The renaming works but there is something else. Every Properties>Metadata>Name>"Value (Track Title, Album Title etc.)" I right click to get to "Format from other fields..." I always and only see "Track Title" in the preview. Am I missing something?

Reply #128
you always see an Item column in the preview - which shows the title.

you should be looking at the New value column when you enter something in the Pattern box.

Reply #129
Ok only the "New Value" column got it. It's been a long time since I've tried to do anything else other than "Track Title" from that particular menu and I thought I remembered it changed every time the right click selection was different to begin with.

Thank you very much marc2003.

edit:
It's confusing BTW, it should change based on which value you right click to get to that screen.

Reply #130
it should change based on which value you right click to get to that screen.

there's a strong possibility of what you select being empty so it's not much use as a point of reference. i guess title is used because if it's empty then the filename will be used.

edit: when i said you, i meant people in general.