Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: distort voice conversations? (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

distort voice conversations?

Does any one know about a (free) plug-in/osftware that would distort voices, so they are unrecongizable?

Reply #1
I assume you mean to make the person unrecognizable, but so you can still tell what they are saying. The easy way to do this is to shift the pitch, and CoolEdit2000 has this feature built-in. I am sure other programs can do it, but in CE2K it's:

Transform->Time/Pitch->Stretch...->PitchShift (preserves tempo)

Usually you will want to raise the pitch of men and lower the pitch of woman about 20-30% to make them unrecognizable.

Reply #2
Originally posted by bryant
Usually you will want to raise the pitch of men and lower the pitch of woman about 20-30% to make them unrecognizable.

Yeah, That makes they sound like they're possessed or something.

Reply #3
Can't you just unshift or something and get the real voice?
I'm probably wrong--just wondering

Reply #4
Originally posted by meff
Can't you just unshift or something and get the real voice?
I'm probably wrong--just wondering
You're absolutely right, but you would have to know the percentage it had been originally shifted. If you were leaking info on the whereabouts of Osama Bin Ladin to the media, you would want to use a more robust method than the one I described.