Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where can I get ISO specs on Layer3? (Read 3092 times) previous topic - next topic

Where can I get ISO specs on Layer3?

After I got an answer to my stupid question I finally decided to try myself in LAME development. I took a look at the sources and thought that if someone can do it so why can't I. But I need some of theory as a startpoint. And I have some more questions: undocumented switches "nspsytune2" and "tune" - what are they for?

Reply #1
After I got an answer to my stupid question I finally decided to try myself in LAME development. I took a look at the sources and thought that if someone can do it so why can't I. But I need some of theory as a startpoint. And I have some more questions: undocumented switches "nspsytune2" and "tune" - what are they for?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you can buy the specifications at [a href="http://www.iso.ch]www.iso.ch[/url]. Search for 11172 and 13818.

You can also download the final drafts of these documents for free at Gabriel's page, though they are likely to contain some errors.

I suggest you grab a good book on signal compression which covers things like order-0 entropy coders / subband transforms / MDCT / transform coding in general and a book about psychoacoustics first.

This might be a good start, too.

HTH,
Sebastian

Reply #2
Yeah! That was exactly what I wanted!
By the way, what's with the spreading function in LAME 3.93? The topic was so big that I've lost my head reading it. When I compared 3.92 and 3.96 sources it seemed to be fixed in 3.96, am I right?

Reply #3
When I compared 3.92 and 3.96 sources it seemed to be fixed in 3.96, am I right?

No, this was not changed in 3.96.
We are still unsure if there is something that needs to be corrected.