Skip to main content

Topic: Changes Made to TAG.EXE (Read 137511 times) previous topic - next topic

• Stone Free
  • [*][*]
Changes Made to TAG.EXE
Reply #125
- Can anyone please tell me what the return codes are? I've searched and can only find that (as expected) we get non-zero for errors or warnings, but no more detail than that. I've tested with a read-only file and find that it works (great!) and I get an errorlevel of 32 so I'm guessing there is some bitsetting going on, but would really like to distinguish between "Failed to write but no damage done", and "Ooops, just chewed up your file" so my script can respond appropriately.
That sounds suspiciously like the return value of the windows function ShellExecute - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wi...3(v=vs.85).aspx

In that case 32 indicates that the command was succesfull, see the return value section of the above link!

Numbers less than 32 indicate one of the windows Win32API error.
  • Last Edit: 11 June, 2012, 10:45:57 AM by Stone Free

• CoRoNe
  • [*][*][*]
Changes Made to TAG.EXE
Reply #126
Hi there,

I have a question:
Code: [Select]
@ECHO OFF

SET pathToLame="D:\Binaries\lame (MP3 Encoder 3.99.5 using libsndfile 1.0.25, 29022013).exe"
SET pathToTag="D:\Binaries\tag (Tag 2.0.52, command line tagger).exe"

mkdir "%~dp1MUSIC_(mp3)"
:loop
IF "%~1"=="" GOTO end
%pathToLame% -V 5 --nohist --noreplaygain %1 "%~dp1MUSIC_(mp3)\%~n1.mp3" && %pathToTag% --hideinfo --hidetags --fromfile %1 "%~dp1MUSIC_(mp3)\%~n1.mp3"
SHIFT
GOTO loop
:end
PAUSE

While this batch script creates perfectly tagged mp3s in a sub-dir "MUSIC_(mp3)":
Tag - Automatic Tag from filename
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Case.  Minor additions by Neil Popham, 2004-2007
Version 2.0.52, Compiled 2007-05-04

D:\Audio_samples\MUSIC_(flac)\MUSIC_(mp3)\sample-1.mp3
Lyrics3 v2.0 tag written.

@ECHO OFF

SET pathToLame="D:\Binaries\lame (MP3 Encoder 3.99.5 using libsndfile 1.0.25, 29022013).exe"
SET pathToTag="D:\Binaries\tag (Tag 2.0.52, command line tagger).exe"

mkdir "%~dp1..\MUSIC_(mp3)"
:loop
IF "%~1"=="" GOTO end
%pathToLame% -V 5 --nohist --noreplaygain %1 "%~dp1..\MUSIC_(mp3)\%~n1.mp3" && %pathToTag% --hideinfo --hidetags --fromfile %1 "%~dp1..\MUSIC_(mp3)\%~n1.mp3"
SHIFT
GOTO loop
:end
PAUSE
...this code does not.

Tag - Automatic Tag from filename
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Case.  Minor additions by Neil Popham, 2004-2007
Version 2.0.52, Compiled 2007-05-04

D:\Audio_samples\MUSIC_(mp3)\sample-1.mp3
Failed to open file.
File time stamp modification failed.
Lame encodes the flac-file to mp3 into "MUSIC_(mp3)", which in this case is 1 directory higher than %~1. This all goes well, but Tag seems to have some difficulties.
Does anyone know what's going on?
DC-Bass Source Mod: http://reino.degeelebosch.nl

• CoRoNe
  • [*][*][*]
Changes Made to TAG.EXE
Reply #127
I'm sorry Synthetic Soul, but now I can't reproduce the issue anymore , which is of course good news...so never mind. Mp3's in a parent directory now get properly tagged.
DC-Bass Source Mod: http://reino.degeelebosch.nl

Changes Made to TAG.EXE
Reply #128
I've noticed that when using --fromfile with FLAC files that have multiples of one tag, like multiple artist tags, tag.exe will only copy the first instance of that tag that it finds instead of copying all of the tags. That would be really nice if it were fixed.