Skip to main content
Topic: foo_run (Read 12553 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run

I wrote a little plug that able you to run a external program with the foobar syntax.

I do not know if it's clear but it looks like foo_web but  with any command you can type in the "run dialog box"

It is my first plug for foobar and for now it is just a alpha, so plz be indulgent 

hope someone will find it cool.

link to foo_run.dll V 0.1
link to foo_run.dll V 0.2

foo_run

Reply #1
Do you have an example why you wrote and use it?

foo_run

Reply #2
Do you have an example why you wrote and use it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235280"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At first I wanted to be able to link a guitar tablature to a music file. So I put the link in a tag and then add a menu to run it.

You can use to edit the tag of a file with a external tagger, edit the file with a sound editor, search for the artist with google, delete the file with cmd /c del %_path% ....

Soon, i think i will add the possibility to run a program from more than just one element from the playlist.

I hope the purpose is now more clear 

foo_run

Reply #3
I like it
At first I was using foo_openwith (not 100% sure if that was the name), but this plugin quickly replaced it

foo_run

Reply #4
Very happy to know you like it

I updated the plug in to use it on many entry of the play list. It is just experimental. Don't try this, on huge play list!!

Link to foo_run.dll V 0.2

foo_run

Reply #5
At first I was using foo_openwith (not 100% sure if that was the name), but this plugin quickly replaced it smile.gif

I won't cry...

foo_run

Reply #6
Thanks. I find it usable for example for a lyrics plugin. Execute firefox + a option for opening %_path% minus extention + htmll

Thanks. Will check out firefox' commandline options later.

foo_run

Reply #7
Thanks you Bonduel,
I use it to open an archive (RAR and ZIP)
Code: [Select]
$substr(%_path%,0,$add(3,
$if3($strstr(%_path%,.rar),
$strstr(%_path%,.zip),
$sub($strrchr(%_path%,'\'),3)
)))

Merci.

foo_run

Reply #8
Neat little plugin, but unfortunately it's only context-menu based. I'd like to be able to add 'Run...' items to other menus, but I can't at the moment. Most of them are simple and don't even require parameters.

foo_run

Reply #9
nice plugin 

[request]
Can you add an option to wait until the process is finished before the next one starts???
(when using simultaneous execution)

davvid

foo_run

Reply #10
OK, firstly I love the concept of this plugin in. Now I want to use it to open Powertab files, and so I have tested it out by setting the 'LINK' tag of a file to its powertab (.ptb) destination, and it works perfectly fine when I right-click and go to Run>Follow C:/(etc). What I want to do though, is add LINK tags to all the files which I have powertabs for. My powertabs are very organised, they are all in one folder, and named Artist - Title.ptb. Is there anyway I could get masstagger to add LINK tags to all of the music files which I have powertabs for, but not those which I don't have tabs for, if you understand me.

Secondly, is there any better way of altering the Context-menu item, so it justs says 'Open Powertab', instead of 'Follow C:\...' I havent found anyway to do it in the main configuration.

Thanks very much.

foo_run

Reply #11
Ok, now after exploring this components options (didn't think of that before lol), I have it so that I can right click and open it in powertab, but if there is no powertab available, it doesnt indicate this and comes up with an error when I right click.

The label is:
Run/$if(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb,Open in Powertab,No Powertab available)

and the Service Path is:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb"

Can anyone help?

foo_run

Reply #12
nice replacement for foo_openwith. however, i'd like to be able to send more than one parameter in one instance. like so:

"C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Anapod Explorer\sendtopw.exe" "%_path%"

where %_path% is the path to all selected playlist items. this is nice when sending files from one place to another in sequence instead of all at once, as its done now.

foo_run

Reply #13
The label is:
Run/$if(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb,Open in Powertab,No Powertab available)
The $if construct only tests, if at least one of the title or artist fields exist, it does not check for the existence of a file.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019