Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 13277 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run

I wrote a little plug that able you to run a external program with the foobar syntax.

I do not know if it's clear but it looks like foo_web but  with any command you can type in the "run dialog box"

It is my first plug for foobar and for now it is just a alpha, so plz be indulgent 

hope someone will find it cool.

link to foo_run.dll V 0.1
link to foo_run.dll V 0.2

foo_run

Reply #1
Do you have an example why you wrote and use it?

foo_run

Reply #2
Do you have an example why you wrote and use it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235280"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At first I wanted to be able to link a guitar tablature to a music file. So I put the link in a tag and then add a menu to run it.

You can use to edit the tag of a file with a external tagger, edit the file with a sound editor, search for the artist with google, delete the file with cmd /c del %_path% ....

Soon, i think i will add the possibility to run a program from more than just one element from the playlist.

I hope the purpose is now more clear 

foo_run

Reply #3
I like it
At first I was using foo_openwith (not 100% sure if that was the name), but this plugin quickly replaced it

foo_run

Reply #4
Very happy to know you like it

I updated the plug in to use it on many entry of the play list. It is just experimental. Don't try this, on huge play list!!

Link to foo_run.dll V 0.2

foo_run

Reply #5
At first I was using foo_openwith (not 100% sure if that was the name), but this plugin quickly replaced it smile.gif

I won't cry...

foo_run

Reply #6
Thanks. I find it usable for example for a lyrics plugin. Execute firefox + a option for opening %_path% minus extention + htmll

Thanks. Will check out firefox' commandline options later.

foo_run

Reply #7
Thanks you Bonduel,
I use it to open an archive (RAR and ZIP)
Code: [Select]
$substr(%_path%,0,$add(3,
$if3($strstr(%_path%,.rar),
$strstr(%_path%,.zip),
$sub($strrchr(%_path%,'\'),3)
)))

Merci.

foo_run

Reply #8
Neat little plugin, but unfortunately it's only context-menu based. I'd like to be able to add 'Run...' items to other menus, but I can't at the moment. Most of them are simple and don't even require parameters.

foo_run

Reply #9
nice plugin 

[request]
Can you add an option to wait until the process is finished before the next one starts???
(when using simultaneous execution)

davvid

foo_run

Reply #10
OK, firstly I love the concept of this plugin in. Now I want to use it to open Powertab files, and so I have tested it out by setting the 'LINK' tag of a file to its powertab (.ptb) destination, and it works perfectly fine when I right-click and go to Run>Follow C:/(etc). What I want to do though, is add LINK tags to all the files which I have powertabs for. My powertabs are very organised, they are all in one folder, and named Artist - Title.ptb. Is there anyway I could get masstagger to add LINK tags to all of the music files which I have powertabs for, but not those which I don't have tabs for, if you understand me.

Secondly, is there any better way of altering the Context-menu item, so it justs says 'Open Powertab', instead of 'Follow C:\...' I havent found anyway to do it in the main configuration.

Thanks very much.

foo_run

Reply #11
Ok, now after exploring this components options (didn't think of that before lol), I have it so that I can right click and open it in powertab, but if there is no powertab available, it doesnt indicate this and comes up with an error when I right click.

The label is:
Run/$if(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb,Open in Powertab,No Powertab available)

and the Service Path is:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb"

Can anyone help?

foo_run

Reply #12
nice replacement for foo_openwith. however, i'd like to be able to send more than one parameter in one instance. like so:

"C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Anapod Explorer\sendtopw.exe" "%_path%"

where %_path% is the path to all selected playlist items. this is nice when sending files from one place to another in sequence instead of all at once, as its done now.

foo_run

Reply #13
The label is:
Run/$if(C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Tabs\%artist% - %title%.ptb,Open in Powertab,No Powertab available)
The $if construct only tests, if at least one of the title or artist fields exist, it does not check for the existence of a file.