Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_massdelete (Read 44008 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_massdelete

Reply #50
I reinstalled foobar and I have deleted foo_massdelete.dll
I really NEED it, but the site http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins is gone...  
where can I find it? Some mirror?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm... It will probably annoy the moderators if we upload all the plugins that was on that site to foobar2000 Uploads. But you sounded real desperat, so....    [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29186&view=findpost&p=252245]HERE[/url]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=252246"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"Rabid" ? no, "Rapid"!!
Thanks!

foo_massdelete

Reply #51
Wizard, thank you for this plugin.

I remember time when I could right-click entries and just delete files w/o additional dialog (recycle/delete). It was comfortable for me because the recycle bin is always off.

But I fully understand needs of other people, so maybe you can implement option in configuration dialog, which disables additional context-menu and sets default action for massdelete (in my case -- direct delete)?
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

foo_massdelete

Reply #52
so maybe you can implement option in configuration dialog, which disables additional context-menu and sets default action for massdelete (in my case -- direct delete)?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=254438"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can always customize your context menu in foobar preferences

foo_massdelete

Reply #53
jkwarras, I feel myself stupid right now... yes, you're absolutely right.
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

foo_massdelete

Reply #54
Feature request(s):
Option to show the full path in the confirmation dialog. And the option to show the same (as a list) when deleting multiple files.

foo_massdelete

Reply #55
All-

Great plugin! am i able to remove a file that is currently playing? I had this functionality in winamp via the traylist plugin.

thanks in advance,

sideone

foo_massdelete

Reply #56
Feature request(s):
Option to show the full path in the confirmation dialog. And the option to show the same (as a list) when deleting multiple files.

I'll think about it when I get the time 

All-

Great plugin! am i able to remove a file that is currently playing? I had this functionality in winamp via the traylist plugin.

thanks in advance,

sideone

Yes, you can, but only for single deletion. Go to Preferences -> Components -> Massdelete and check "Stop and restart playback if necessary (single file deletion only)" 

BTW, I'm thinking of removing "Display ""delete entries only"" dialog (playlist right-click only)" option. I really think it doesn't belong in this plugin 

foo_massdelete

Reply #57
I have made a shortcut for deleting the single file, as it is playing. I also have the above option checked, but recieve the following error:

ERROR (foo_massdelete) : Unable to delete: 'C:\Documents and Settings\eric\Desktop\music\Violent Femmes - Kiss Off.mp3'

thanks,

eric

foo_massdelete

Reply #58
I have made a shortcut for deleting the single file, as it is playing. I also have the above option checked, but recieve the following error:

ERROR (foo_massdelete) : Unable to delete: 'C:\Documents and Settings\eric\Desktop\music\Violent Femmes - Kiss Off.mp3'

thanks,

eric
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283100"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are more than 1 files selected when you use your shortcut? Because only 1 file (the playing one) must be selected for the deletion to work.

foo_massdelete

Reply #59
I appologize, when i rightclick on the playing song it does work correctly. I was using a keyboard shortcut and this function did not work (i have it mapped to -> [context/nowplaying] massdelete/delete)

am i mapping the correct command?

thx,

sideone.

foo_massdelete

Reply #60
I appologize, when i rightclick on the playing song it does work correctly. I was using a keyboard shortcut and this function did not work (i have it mapped to -> [context/nowplaying] massdelete/delete)

am i mapping the correct command?

thx,

sideone.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283107"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Use [context/playlist]. I can see too that [context/now playing] doesn't work, but I don't know why 

foo_massdelete

Reply #61
WORKS GREAT!!! thanks for the quick constant updates  .. i am sure that this thread will be useful to others as well.

thanks again!

sideone.

foo_massdelete

Reply #62
v1.7.1

Changes:
- Added option to display full file path in delete confirmation dialog (single file deletion only for now...)
- Removed option to display "delete entries only" dialog.

foo_massdelete

Reply #63
v1.7.1

Changes:
- Added option to display full file path in delete confirmation dialog (single file deletion only for now...)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This version only gave me a "failed to load DLL" message. Had to revert back to the old one (luck that I keep backups). Using fb2k 0.8.3 on XP sp2.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_massdelete

Reply #64
v1.7.1

Changes:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This version only gave me a "failed to load DLL" message. Had to revert back to the old one (luck that I keep backups). Using fb2k 0.8.3 on XP sp2.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283903"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any one else has this problem?  I'll try to find out what's going on when I get home. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience 

foo_massdelete

Reply #65
Nope, working fine here.

foo_massdelete

Reply #66
I think you can cancel the chase for now. After working and eating and sleeping and restarting the machine and seeing the post above I tried again; now it's loading fine... Just one of those mysteries, and if it doesn't happen to anybody else I guess it can be safely ignored. (There was BTW an error message the first time around about "Microsoft C++ runtime"something... something before fb2k reported "failed to load DLL" that I was to tired and stupid to write down, I will kick my own ass). Sorry for hitting the "bug-report" button so quick whitout testing more throughoutly....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_massdelete

Reply #67
Great Mr_Rabid_Teddybear!    At first, I was afraid that there might be some kind of compatibility issue with WinXP SP2. I'm glad the problem is gone for you, because I have W2Κ SP4 and I wouldn't be able to track this down.

foo_massdelete

Reply #68
foo_massdelete might be slow because it has to initialize a Windows struct when you delete files which causes a delay. The reason other plugins are possibly faster is that they call the Recycle Bin function immediately, so the struct is initialized between the time it takes you to see the Recycle Bin's own delete confirmation dialog and to click "Yes", that's why you don't see any delay. My plugin uses its independent confirmation dialog, so the struct must be initialized after you click "Yes". But this is all for the best, trust me    With my way, I can delete multiple files one at a time, playback is not stopped immediately when you choose "Recycle" or "Delete" but stops only if you click "Yes" in the confirmation dialog etc.

You already give some element of response for the speed of deleting.
I just wanted to notice 2 points:
- when removing to recycle bin, the speed of deletion depends of the lengh of the playlist. On my computer (Duron 2Ghz, Win XP SP2 fr), it can take up to 10 s with my full playlist. The behaviour is similar as foo_Delete I was using before and that I replaced with foo_massdelete
- when removing without recyle bin, it is very fast, almost imediate, even of my big playlist (35000 files)

foo_massdelete

Reply #69
it's been quite sometimes since the last time I used mass_delete , it was working fine as I remember . But today I can not delete file when it's playing , I always got the error kind of :

ERROR (foo_massdelete) : Unable to delete: 'X:\Music 4\Dance - Trance - Electronic\Hed Kandi Back To Love 03.03\Various Artists - CD1 - 06 - Right & Exact (StoneBridge Club Mix)  Chrissy Ward.mp3'

No file has any attribute and I logged in with admin acc . I've already check the options in the preference regard stop and restart ....

I'm using Win XP SP2

thanks

foo_massdelete

Reply #70
please , does anyone also has this problem ?

thanks

foo_massdelete

Reply #71
dreamweaver: I think that there is no possible way of deleting file that is in use.
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

foo_massdelete

Reply #72
Is it compatible with foobar 0.9?
I'm looking forward to have it.

foo_massdelete

Reply #73
Is it compatible with foobar 0.9?
I'm looking forward to have it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=333531"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't need an extra component for deleting files in 0.9. Just right click>File operations>Delete file(s).

foo_massdelete

Reply #74
0.9 already has a context menu to delete files (in file operations). Unfortunately there's not one to recycle, not yet at least.