Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_massdelete (Read 44006 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_massdelete

Reply #25
exelent ... it should be included in the special installer!

foo_massdelete

Reply #26
ok, here's v1.5!

Changes:
-Added an option to stop playback if necessary (single file deletion only), default is off. If you right-click a song that is being played or paused and the "stop playback" option is on, when you choose "Send to Recycle Bin" or "Delete", playback stops, song gets deleted and next song is played. NOTE: by next song, I mean the song that its playlist index is (deleted song index + 1), NOT the song that you would have expected if your order is random or whatever!
-You can right-click files in Album list and foo_massdelete works there too!

I've tested the new version and didn't find any bugs. If you find any, please post them so I can fix them 

Enjoy! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #27
Thank you for the update. Seems to be working fine on initial trial, good work.

If you would be so kind, please consider shortening the menu options to just "Recycle" and "Delete" in future revisions

foo_massdelete

Reply #28
v1.5.1

Changes:
-Renamed "Send to Recycle Bin" to "Recycle"
-The new dll is not UPXed any more, because I've read about crashes with UPXed files and WinXP SP2. So now, file size is twice larger.

Just a reminder: if you keep foobar minimized and you use a global keyboard shorcut to recycle or delete a file being played and you have "Stop playback if necessary" enabled, you must make sure that the file is selected and that its playlist is active! Only the selected files of the active playlist will be recycled/deleted!

Perhaps I'll implement a way to recycle/delete the playing song directly, but I don't know if this should be part of this plugin. 

foo_massdelete

Reply #29
v1.5.2

Changes:
-Fixed a small bug in internal function, did not affect actual functionality of plugin anyway...
-"Yes" button is now the default button in the delete confirmation dialog.

foo_massdelete

Reply #30
Thank you so much for listening to my request !

foo_massdelete

Reply #31
Works as advertised. Beautiful!
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

foo_massdelete

Reply #32
Now it works fine, thx!
One thing, when deleting on playing files, it delays around 1 second or so, not as quick as another 'foo_delete', could this be possible to improve a bit?

foo_massdelete

Reply #33
No lag when deleting a file currently playing here. In fact, it executes faster than foo_recycle.

foo_massdelete

Reply #34
Now it works fine, thx!
One thing, when deleting on playing files, it delays around 1 second or so, not as quick as another 'foo_delete', could this be possible to improve a bit?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244501"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The speed depends on the machine, it's a Windows function that does the job. I don't think I can make it faster, but I'll check out a thing I have in mind that *might* improve speed.

foo_massdelete

Reply #35
Well, what I tried didn't have any affect in speed, so I don't think it can be made any faster (I don't really see a difference with foo_Delete anyway...)

BTW, v1.5.3 is out!

Changes:
-If plugin restarts playback and previous playback status was paused, new playback status is paused too.

foo_massdelete

Reply #36
@Wizard
As far as I know, there're 2 foo_delete plugins. What I'm using is foo_delete 0.6.b11.003 (from Components info of Preferences), not sure if it's the one you tested. The author seems stop develop it anymore and there's a bug with foobar v8, but its deleting is faster a little bit in my place.
Anyway, it's not a big deal, I should thanks for your work.

foo_massdelete

Reply #37
v1.6

Changes:
-Remove directories if empty option (default is off). Directories will be removed only if they are completely empty. Even if they just only have other empty directories inside them, they will not be removed.

foo_massdelete

Reply #38
Interesting feature...fantastic to see a developer committed to improvement

foo_massdelete

Reply #39
Interesting feature...fantastic to see a developer committed to improvement
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244681"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your kind words 

foo_massdelete might be slow because it has to initialize a Windows struct when you delete files which causes a delay. The reason other plugins are possibly faster is that they call the Recycle Bin function immediately, so the struct is initialized between the time it takes you to see the Recycle Bin's own delete confirmation dialog and to click "Yes", that's why you don't see any delay. My plugin uses its independent confirmation dialog, so the struct must be initialized after you click "Yes". But this is all for the best, trust me    With my way, I can delete multiple files one at a time, playback is not stopped immediately when you choose "Recycle" or "Delete" but stops only if you click "Yes" in the confirmation dialog etc.

I could make it faster by doing what other plugins do, but that would mean that if deleting a playing track, playback would stop before confirmation dialog. If you think you can live with that, perhaps I'll give it a shot just for fun some time later.

The only addition I could think for this plugin is the ability to delete playing track even if not selected, but I'm not very sure.

foo_massdelete

Reply #40
What is the possibility of being able to delete tracks that are contained in a compressed format (ZIP, RAR, etc)?

-c

foo_massdelete

Reply #41
What is the possibility of being able to delete tracks that are contained in a compressed format (ZIP, RAR, etc)?

-c
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246651"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If anyone can help me on this, I'd appreciate it, since foo_unpack's source code is not available and as I can tell from the name, it only unpacks, not re-packs files. AFAIK, this can't be done 

foo_massdelete

Reply #42
If anyone can help me on this, I'd appreciate it, since foo_unpack's source code is not available and as I can tell from the name, it only unpacks, not re-packs files. AFAIK, this can't be done 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246669"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

foo_massdelete

Reply #43
Hi Wizard,

Sorry to come with this again, but did you think about it? Did you change your mind? 

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241207"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your time.

foo_massdelete

Reply #44
Hi Wizard,

Sorry to come with this again, but did you think about it? Did you change your mind? 

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241207"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your time.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=246915"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, the pressure, the pressure! Just kidding    I'll try to implement it in a few days, but no promises because I'm busy right now 

foo_massdelete

Reply #45
ok, just because what jkwarras wanted was easy, here's v1.7

Changes:
-Added an option to display a "delete entries only" dialog (default is unchecked). This dialog appears only if this option is checked AND you right-click a playlist, NOT if you right-click album list or whatever.

foo_massdelete

Reply #46
ok, just because what jkwarras wanted was easy, here's v1.7

That was fast! Thanks a lot! 

PS: A 'Cancel' option would be extra-super-cool 

foo_massdelete

Reply #47
I reinstalled foobar and I have deleted foo_massdelete.dll
I really NEED it, but the site http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins is gone... 
where can I find it? Some mirror?

foo_massdelete

Reply #48
I reinstalled foobar and I have deleted foo_massdelete.dll
I really NEED it, but the site http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins is gone...  
where can I find it? Some mirror?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm... It will probably annoy the moderators if we upload all the plugins that was on that site to foobar2000 Uploads. But you sounded real desperat, so....    [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29186&view=findpost&p=252245]HERE[/url]

Anyone knows what's on with 3d Party site BTW?
Site closed for maintenance, for unspecified time. Will be back if still needed after some features are added, we'll see about that
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts