Skip to main content
Topic: foo_massdelete (Read 39843 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_massdelete

Massdelete recycles/deletes multiple files.

Options:
- Display delete confirmation dialog box.
- Display full file path in delete confirmation dialog (single file deletion only)
- Stop and restart playback if necessary (single file deletion only).
- Remove directories if empty.

Current version: 1.7.1 (20 Mar 2005)

You can get it here: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#81

foo_massdelete

Reply #1
thank you.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_massdelete

Reply #3
I forgot to mention that deleted files do NOT go in the recycle bin!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234378"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would it be possible to make this an option as you've made the confirm dialog? I know some don't like the recycle bin but others (like me) think it serves a very useful purpose.

Thanks for the nice plugin

foo_massdelete

Reply #4
That's a cool plugin. I'm damn lazy and I like things that allow me to do less
Even emptying recycle bin is bothersome...
Stupidity is root of all evil.

foo_massdelete

Reply #5
I forgot to mention that deleted files do NOT go in the recycle bin!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234378"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would it be possible to make this an option as you've made the confirm dialog? I know some don't like the recycle bin but others (like me) think it serves a very useful purpose.

Thanks for the nice plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235757"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll see what I can do 

foo_massdelete

Reply #6
That's a cool plugin. I'm damn lazy and I like things that allow me to do less
Even emptying recycle bin is bothersome...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235821"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm lazy too  You have nothing to worry, if I succeed in sending files to the recycle bin instead of deleting them, I'll make that an option too! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #7
Thanks, Wiz!

foo_massdelete

Reply #8
v1.1 is available!

Changes:
-It can now use the Recycle Bin (default in Configuration page) 
-"Delete" in right-click is now renamed to "Massdelete", so as not to be any confusion with other similar plugins.
-One-time reminder at first use that the Recycle Bin must be enabled in Recycle Bin Properties to be used by this plugin (just in case...)

Todo:
-"Remove directories if empty" option?
-Make it faster(?) by deleting all selected files with a single command, instead of deleting them one-by-one?

Enjoy! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #9
Suggest: When press Shift + Massdelete directly delete files form disk, if not than send to Recycle Bin. 

foo_massdelete

Reply #10
v1.2 is available!

Changes:
-It can now remove directories if empty (not default in Configuration page) 
-Improvements in delete confirmation dialogs.

Enjoy! 

@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).

foo_massdelete

Reply #11
@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could provide two different versions of the delete command: one that sends the deleted files to the recycle bin, and one that doesn't.

foo_massdelete

Reply #12
@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could provide two different versions of the delete command: one that sends the deleted files to the recycle bin, and one that doesn't.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236475"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suppose "Massdelete->Recycle" and "Massdelete->Delete" context menus are better interface-wise than the current option in the configuration page. I'll do that in the next few days, when I have some time.

foo_massdelete

Reply #13
ok, here's v1.3!

Changes:
- "Massdelete" context menu now has 2 options: "Send to Recycle Bin" and "Delete". The Recycle Bin option in the configuration page is gone.
- Removed "Remove directories if empty" (for now) because it didn't remove directories which had other empty directories. I'll see what I can do about that.

I think that I'll rest for a while 

foo_massdelete

Reply #14
Terrific plugin Wizard!  Thanks.

A suggestion to aid in distinguishing which command one just selected.  The dialog box should reflect which command was chosen, recyle bin or delete.

foo_massdelete

Reply #15
Terrific plugin Wizard!  Thanks.

A suggestion to aid in distinguishing which command one just selected.  The dialog box should reflect which command was chosen, recyle bin or delete.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236555"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks! 
But it does! The message (even the icon too) is different. These are the exact dialog messages and dialog titles that you get when you right-click in Window Explorer and choose "Delete" and Shift+"Delete". I deliberately did this to have the same feeling.

foo_massdelete

Reply #16
My mistake.  I should've checked again before posting.

foo_massdelete

Reply #17
v1.4!

Changes:
- Now it removes from playlist only the items that were successfully deleted. Previously, it would just call "Remove dead entries from playlist" (I was just lazy...) 

Enjoy! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #18
since you seem on top of this thing i'm not gonna update foo_Delete anymore... my windows C skills are minimal anyway.

whether or not you used my code from foo_Delete in foo_massdelete, I hearby grant you explicit written permission to use it in any way you see fit. However, I provide absolutely no warranty or guarantee of fitness or fitness for a particular purpose and use of such code absolves me from all responsibility for life, the universe, and everything.

peace

~e

foo_massdelete

Reply #19
since you seem on top of this thing i'm not gonna update foo_Delete anymore... my windows C skills are minimal anyway.

whether or not you used my code from foo_Delete in foo_massdelete, I hearby grant you explicit written permission to use it in any way you see fit. However, I provide absolutely no warranty or guarantee of fitness or fitness for a particular purpose and use of such code absolves me from all responsibility for life, the universe, and everything.

peace

~e
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240660"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL!    *presses Agree button to license* 

foo_massdelete

Reply #20
Wizard, thanks for your work.

I have some little requests for your plugin.

1) Option to assign DELETE key to one or another massdelete action. I know I can do it via keyboard shortcut in foobar config, but maybe it's easier for newbies.

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).

foo_massdelete

Reply #21
Wizard, thanks for your work.

I have some little requests for your plugin.

1) Option to assign DELETE key to one or another massdelete action. I know I can do it via keyboard shortcut in foobar config, but maybe it's easier for newbies.

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241207"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!
I'll think about your suggestions, but since delete playlist selection exists, it's better to leave it outside massdelete. What I'd do is assign Ctrl+R to recycle files, Ctrl+D to delete files and leave Num Del to delete selection. Although I can see your point having one common shortcut for the functions.

foo_massdelete

Reply #22
Hi, Wizard

I'm missing one feature in another foo_delete plugin: delete on playing file

Often after playing some files for a while, I like to check them out one by one. Play one, if don't like it anymore, delete it right there, jump to and play next file automatically..., it's a handy way, isn't it?
So, is it possiable to add this feature in next version?
Thanks for your work.

foo_massdelete

Reply #23
Hi, Wizard

I'm missing one feature in another foo_delete plugin: delete on playing file

Often after playing some files for a while, I like to check them out one by one. Play one, if don't like it anymore, delete it right there, jump to and play next file automatically..., it's a handy way, isn't it?
So, is it possiable to add this feature in next version?
Thanks for your work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241332"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!
This is the thing I plan to do in the future, but not right now since I have little time free. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so.

foo_massdelete

Reply #24
Thanks - looking forward to the version of this plugin that will allow the deletion / recycling of a file that is currently playing.

Is it possible to change the name of the option in the context menu from "Send To Recycle Bin" to just plain and simple "Recycle" ?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019