Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: liquid player v6 to encode aac (Read 3235 times) previous topic - next topic

liquid player v6 to encode aac

Dear friends,
now the latest version of liquid player 6.1 can encode files.
Can everyone know if the quality is beeter that liquifier pro 4 and 5?
Also the sound is beeter that quicktime 6 final?
Thanks a lot.
Nick

Reply #1
I have only evaluated the liquifier pro 4 and it seems to me, at 96kbits/s stereo,
it still have some problem with certain clips that contained a lot of attacks. I have downloaded this test sample "dmb3, dmb4" and the encoder just could not take it.
Maybe for certain audio clips, the bits demand is just too high and there maybe a need to lower the cut-off frequency.

It is a  tough to decide when to cut-off the frequency, because then, for MOST musical clips, it is OK to encode up to the maximum frequency.. Only those that contains a lot of attacks which is not too closely spaced such as a person playing drum would consume a lot of bits.

Perhaps someday, I could upload some of these difficult clips.

kww

Reply #2
One note - LiquidAudio bought Dolby's "Consumer AAC Encoder" for the verion 6 - this version is different from encoding engine used in Liquifier 4.x and 5.x.

Dolby claims "performance almost equal to"  professional (slow) encoder, with more than 10 times real-time encoding.  So,  the quality will be sacrificed a bit.