Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPEG Audio Collection (Read 3601 times) previous topic - next topic

MPEG Audio Collection

Trying out Wavpack, I noticed that MAC doesn't show the tags for these files.

Never having tried it before, I don't know if it's always been this way, it's a 4.0 thing, or possible I'm doing something wrong.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

MPEG Audio Collection

Reply #1

Never having tried it before, I don't know if it's always been this way, it's a 4.0 thing, or possible I'm doing something wrong.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=231133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The tags are identical on 4.0, but the header at the beginning is different. Perhaps when MAC sees a header it doesn't understand on a .wv file, it doesn't even look for the tag at the end.

MPEG Audio Collection

Reply #2

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=231133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The tags are identical on 4.0, but the header at the beginning is different. Perhaps when MAC sees a header it doesn't understand on a .wv file, it doesn't even look for the tag at the end.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=231189"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wonder, is MAC still being actively developed? I'm not aware of any other program at the moment that can catalog lossless file formats.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

MPEG Audio Collection

Reply #3
I wonder, is MAC still being actively developed? I'm not aware of any other program at the moment that can catalog lossless file formats.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=231193"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am using MAC also a lot (just MP3 cd's) and wanted to extend it also (support for Audio cd's and FreeDB).
So I tried to contact the persons working on it through all possible email addresses:
sourceforge address, address of this forum, other addresses, but never an answer.

The program itself is not that hard to understand.  I don't really know Delphi, but I could adjust version 2.90 enough to change the cover generator so that it suits my needs. 
However, in the latest version (2.92) quite some libraries have been taken in and some Delphi stuff is used from the top-of-the-line Delphi version.
Since I just have the version that could be freely downloaded I cannot compile 2.92.
So nice that it is open-source, but the compiler is not => same result.

For myself I just want an open-source database like MAC that can handle audio cd's and MP3 cd's with  FreeDB support.  All the other formats I'm not interested in.
I wanted to learn Python, so I was thinking of making this in that language.  Advantage is that the compiler is also free available in that case.

That leaves 3 possibilities:
1) I try (!) to make some like MAC in Python, but functionality will be greatly limited and probably only suited to my needs.
2) I try to extend MAC without the help of the MAC team, but then I would have to start from 2.90 so all recent additions would be lost.
3) The MAC team could open up a bit and the community could try to extend MAC 2.92.

I reallly MAC and I don't want to fork but development has changed quite a lot since Jurgen Faul worked on it.

Greets,

Chris

PS Don't get your hopes up too high: after my job (coding!), my baby girl and my house renovations, there is little time left to code 

MPEG Audio Collection

Reply #4
I am using MAC also a lot (just MP3 cd's) and wanted to extend it also (support for Audio cd's and FreeDB).
So I tried to contact the persons working on it through all possible email addresses:
sourceforge address, address of this forum, other addresses, but never an answer.

We were all busy with other things, plus my old mail is flooded with spam so your mail got probably lost in the mess. I'm sorry about that.

The program itself is not that hard to understand.  I don't really know Delphi, but I could adjust version 2.90 enough to change the cover generator so that it suits my needs. 
However, in the latest version (2.92) quite some libraries have been taken in and some Delphi stuff is used from the top-of-the-line Delphi version.
Since I just have the version that could be freely downloaded I cannot compile 2.92.

As far as I know, MAC should compile with Delphi6 Personal Edition. But I'm not sure... Did you install all the necessary components? Also the Jedi code library is necesarry.
If you need any help with compiling please let me know, I'll be happy to help. I'm sure we can get it to work

MPEG Audio Collection

Reply #5
Wow, that was quick 

We were all busy with other things, plus my old mail is flooded with spam so your mail got probably lost in the mess. I'm sorry about that.

No problem, I can understand, but it gave a wrong impression it seems.

As far as I know, MAC should compile with Delphi6 Personal Edition. But I'm not sure... Did you install all the necessary components? Also the Jedi code library is necesarry.

I downloaded the JEDI library.  But it complained also about some other file (don't know the name anymore), but for sure this file was not in the personal edition.
(I had to ask somebody from work to give me the file  )
After that I still had a problem that I needed an update for Delphi (Unicode?) but that didn't work neither.  Then I gave up...

If you need any help with compiling please let me know, I'll be happy to help. I'm sure we can get it to work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=233123"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll try to setup my pc again with Delphi, repeat the steps I made and call for your help when something doesn't work.  Any timing on an update yet?  I really want audio cd and CDDB support and I see it's in the code somewhere, but it doesn't work yet.

Chris