Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mail changing problem (Read 4204 times) previous topic - next topic

Mail changing problem

Hi all,

This is maybe a bug in forum software but when I tried to change my e-mail adress to something like foo.bar@gmail.com it said
Sorry, you are not allowed to use that email address for your account. Please use another email address.
I said ok maybe GMail is banned then tried foo.bar@myrealbox.com and still the same message. Any ideas ? 
An eye for eye will make the whole world blind

Mail changing problem

Reply #1
In fact, both are banned due to spammers. I suggest trying the email address your provider gave you. 

Mail changing problem

Reply #2
In fact, both are banned due to spammers. I suggest trying the email address your provider gave you. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230633"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm spammers from GMail? Anyway thanks for info! 

Mail changing problem

Reply #3
Hmm spammers from GMail? Anyway thanks for info! 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230635"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

CiTay meant people that create accounts at free e-mail providers just to spam forums (since the forum requires a valid e-mail address for registration). Once one e-mail address is banned, they create a new one, and so on.

Mail changing problem

Reply #4
CiTay meant people that create accounts at free e-mail providers just to spam forums (since the forum requires a valid e-mail address for registration). Once one e-mail address is banned, they create a new one, and so on.

Ok but GMail works by invite so spammers can't really use it. Anyway you are the admins /me is back to university mail account 

Mail changing problem

Reply #5
Email bans work by preventing new users from registering using addresses matching specific patterns, or existing users from changing their email addresses to such; they don't apply to people who had already registered before the ban was placed.
This restriction is there *only* to keep troublemakers away from the forum, not to harm regular users. If you want to have your email address changed to one of banned addresses, please PM me your new email address and I'll edit your account directly.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Mail changing problem

Reply #6
please PM me your new email address and I'll edit your account directly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230641"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

PM sent. Thank you. 

Mail changing problem

Reply #7

Ok but GMail works by invite so spammers can't really use it. Anyway you are the admins /me is back to university mail account 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230640"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works like this for now, but it's not going to stay that way indefinitely.