Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audiograbber & lame.exe (Read 2275 times) previous topic - next topic

audiograbber & lame.exe

hi
i know eac & cdex are better then audiograbber, but often i use audiograbber and lame 3.90.3(preset extreme) to encode my cds

but i notice the lame give me a wrong lenght , and i have to correct with foobar! why?

audiograbber & lame.exe

Reply #1
hi
i know eac & cdex are better then audiograbber, but often i use audiograbber and lame 3.90.3(preset extreme) to encode my cds

but i notice the lame give me a wrong lenght , and i have to correct with foobar! why?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=231706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Have you noticed skips or "sh" noises? If not, good for you. Most newer drives given them w/o paranoid or secure mode (found this out the hard way). If these don't occur with the ripping options from AG, you may be fine--my now dead drive gave perfect, if not speedy, results with buffered burst copy, but newer ones I was able to use only get things right w/ EAC secure mode.
2. Do you have it set to encode as it rips? If so, that may be the problem. I don't know what happens, but with 3.90.3 and 3.96 (haven't tried 3.96.1 yet), I got file lengths that were based on the first frame's bitrate * frames (from all I could tell, anyway). Setting it to rip a track, then encode a track fixed it, though added time, of course. This occured with the DLL and EXE.
Also, you can use Foobar's fix MP3 header feature for those you've already ripped.

audiograbber & lame.exe

Reply #2
Try turning off ID3 tags in AudioGrabber - tag the MP3's manually or with a program such as MP3 Tag Studio after encoding.