Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 Player help please (Read 4126 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 Player help please

I'm just looking for a little advice, after looking for about a month a can't decide between these three MP3 players, can anyone advice me which is the best?

Novatect NPOD 

Creative Labs Jukebox 3

Archos Gmini 120SP

I know next to nothing about MP3 players, and they all are just on my £150 budget, so can anyone tell me which is the best? or point me in the direction of a site that can?

thanks for any advice given
Rev

MP3 Player help please

Reply #1
I am not sure if this is what you need, but you thanked "every" advice...

I would try to get a Rio Karma. It has developer support, community-developer contact and a feature most-important for MP3 playback: GAPLESS PLAYBACK.

I don't know what kind of music you listen to the most, but if you listen to full albums, live CDs and/or Mix CDs, this is a must.

Of the devices you mention... I couldn't tell
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

MP3 Player help please

Reply #2
thanks for the reply. I did look at the reo karma but the cheapest is £75 over my budget so I really couldn't afford it

MP3 Player help please

Reply #3
thanks for the reply. I did look at the reo karma but the cheapest is £75 over my budget so I really couldn't afford it
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.igearbox.com/product_info.php?products_id=64]iRiver H320[/url]
Sorry, this one is over your budget too.
It is a very nice player, take a look..

MP3 Player help please

Reply #4
The nomad jukebox 3 is said to be the best on head-fi particularly using the line-out to a headphone amplifier. I have one and it does sound pretty good. The file organisation isn't perfect though, and I sometimes get problems when I fast forward and when there's a lot of silence in music, but I haven't come across anyone else with that problem.

MP3 Player help please

Reply #5
so you would say go for the jukebox?

while I like the look of the npod it seems to be a new player, therefor any problems with it may not have come to light yet.

the only thing that puts me off the jukebox is its size, whats head-fi? can you tell me whats up with the file organization please?

MP3 Player help please

Reply #6
I have a Neuros....I got it mainly because of the ogg playback, its great q7 oggs no problems on it.  Updates + great support means I love it.

Linky

I say its better then an iPod minus the size but to each thier own.

MP3 Player help please

Reply #7
sorry, I have no clue what q7 oggs is at all. Those players don't seem to be available here at all, not even ebay.

did a bit more looking around and saw the Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB for £179 could just stretch to that I think (damn stupid bills that need paying  )

does anyone think its worth shelling out the extra for that player?

MP3 Player help please

Reply #8
iRiver H320
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229564"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dunno man... I hate to get off of his three players, but I've heard about some serious bugs with this player. iRiver has even said it's not good enough to be given a release outside of Europe/Asia.

And out of all your players, I'd probably go with the Creative Labs Jukebox... They always seem to be right around iRiver/Rio/Apple as far as quality.

MP3 Player help please

Reply #9
whats head-fi? can you tell me whats up with the file organization please?

Er, search for it and see. You'll find a lot of info there about this. There are lots of Jukebox 3's going cheaply on ebay uk now.
I'd prefer a player that allows a directory structure, since if I put all my CDs on it, there'd be almost 10000 tracks. You organise them by artist and album (and genre), not enough levels for me, plus labelling tracks takes a long time. Probably not designed for classical people.
Anyone know what players allow you to organise by directories rather than track tags?

MP3 Player help please

Reply #10
yeah I looked on ebay ut the majority of them come without a battery, and people are charging £25 shipping, plus there's no warranty with them. So it would work out after shipping costs and buying a new battery around the same as buying new. and i'd get a warranty as well.

right, i'll go with the creative jukebox, thanks for the advice, now just need to decide between the jukebox zen and the jukebox 3, lol

MP3 Player help please

Reply #11
It's the jukebox 3 that has the reputation for good sound.

MP3 Player help please

Reply #12
iRiver H320
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229564"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dunno man... I hate to get off of his three players, but I've heard about some serious bugs with this player. iRiver has even said it's not good enough to be given a release outside of Europe/Asia.

And out of all your players, I'd probably go with the Creative Labs Jukebox... They always seem to be right around iRiver/Rio/Apple as far as quality.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me too, I prefer spending extra money to get a better mp3 player.
Do u think he may get a H120 under £150?