Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - Copy Image & create Cue Vs. Test and Copy and create cue (Read 3945 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - Copy Image & create Cue Vs. Test and Copy and create cue

I have a question which should I use to create a cd with a cue sheet so I have proper pregaps.

I was under the assumption it would be better to use "test and copy" and create multiple uncompressed wav files then create a cue file by selecting "multiple WAV files with gaps.. (noncompliant)"  because this way I could make sure the CRCS of the Wav files extracted matched, before burning by using the cue file I created.

But should I be using the "copy image and create cue" option instead.  It seems both methods would do the same thing but does this method test to make sure everything is okay on extraction??

Can anyone clue me in which is the better method to make a copy of the CD?

Reply #1
Either way is fine. You can check CRCs by extracting to image twice. True, with the non-compliant cue method you can use AccurateRip. But you can use AccurateRip just as easily on the copy as well.

Reply #2
The next version of EAC will support "test & copy image".

In the meantime... CRCs do indeed occasionally mismatch, but that's rather rare (a few times on 100 CDs in my and other people's experience).
That also assumes that your drive features are correctly set in EAC (F9), which is not self-evident: after all, the 'tests' for caching and C2 implementation are not fully reliable.

You have several options. If you prefer images, NeverAgain's suggestion might do. You could also extract the image only once with safe settings (drive caches = 'yes', use c2 = 'no')...

Reply #3
The next version of EAC will support "test & copy image".

In the meantime... CRCs do indeed occasionally mismatch, but that's rather rare (a few times on 100 CDs in my and other people's experience).
That also assumes that your drive features are correctly set in EAC (F9), which is not self-evident: after all, the 'tests' for caching and C2 implementation are not fully reliable.

You have several options. If you prefer images, NeverAgain's suggestion might do. You could also extract the image only once with safe settings (drive caches = 'yes', use c2 = 'no')...

Do I have to have drive caches = 'yes' even if my drive doesnt cache audio?  I have a Nec ND-3550A and I almost positive it doesnt cache.