Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SDK prerequisites / dependencies (Read 2572 times) previous topic - next topic

SDK prerequisites / dependencies

hi, is there a list of which version of the various dependent libraries are needed for proper use of the SDK. ive installed everything and am still getting tons of warnings and many fatal errors. therse 500 warnings alone for the input_std plugin, stuff like "strcpy is declared deprecated, use _tstrncopy" etc, undefined symbols in the odbc32.lib and utf8api.lib.. as well as calls to functions or structs etc which simply no longer exist due to changes in the dependent libraries, stuff like "no method for mp4ff_open_metaonly" where in my (recent) includes it looks like you open it normally then query for the metadata some new way, etc. just a pure nightmare all around. all i want to do is build a directsound audio filter input plugin for stuff like proper mms streaming & realplayer and quicktime via guliverkli filters..

oh and this is with vc2005 express, maybe that has something to do with it the utf8 calls being screwed up, and clearly the sdk was designed for a difft version of mp4ff...im a bit of a freak in that i am a unix head but i use microsofts 'server' OS as a workstation, beacuse nothing else (linux, etc) is even close in terms of usability/hardware or has great apps like slimbrowser, foobar2000, geoshell, samplitude... so i use emacs & gcc in mingw for development rather than microsofts tools, and this brief foray into attempting to actually use them has proved to be a nightmare..

btw are there any gnu-make makefiles for this stuff anyways?

SDK prerequisites / dependencies

Reply #1
The SDK does not depend on mp4ff, as you can easily start your own input component from scratch. The component source code provided with the SDK is supposed to help you in a lead by example way.

The SDK was designed to work with Visual Studio 6, but it also works with 2003 without any modifications. Maybe someone will have to "fix" things for 2005, excluding all of the warnings on TCHAR functions, since everything is UTF-8 outside of utf8api, excepting special cases where client code uses IsUnicode() and contains both ANSI and Unicode branches wherever applicable.